New York Firearms Forum banner

Why our currency is guaranteed to collapse

3K views 43 replies 20 participants last post by  11B 
#1 ·
#3 ·
First rule: If its on paper, its worth the paper its written on. Second rule: if you bought gold and silver, tell no one.

#6 ·
We are in great danger of this for sure, but this website is run by a criminal who is always running misleading ads. For instance, this company claimed that the economy would collapse in 2011 and you must watch this video which you had to pay for. When it didn't happen, they changed the website name by a single number, changed the year to 2012, and played the exact same commercial. Pathetic they believe the American people are so stupid they wouldn't even notice. Of course, the way this country is falling apart, probably many didn't. Don't take any advice from those goons and definitely do not give them money. The worry is real though and I fear inevitable if they don't stop trillion dollar deficits really, really soon. And I don't think they will.

#9 ·
Really, and what is the source of YOUR wisdom on that? As soon as the US can no longer sell bonds, the dollar will be worthless overnight, and then we will all instantly be living in a brave new world. And this is statistically guaranteed to happen unless the federal budget deficit disappears and stays that way for quite a few years, like 25.

#17 ·
Traderbase, NYshooter1,
I love to see people coming together vs. pulling apart. Respect and appreciation for each one of us and what we love, the 2nd amendment the flag the liberty and our firearms. We all might come from very different backgrounds but we can agree in the important things.
I was born in a dictatorship. Became american by choice and not by birth. I see many trying to destroy everything good about america like
they did to Europe and I don't like it. That is why we have to remain united.

In times of confusion and turmoil I listed to Edward Murrow who saw what fear and terror was doing to Americans and provided a light in in the path and hope for everyone...

#31 ·
You are right my friend. And you said you are an immigrant, well I will tell you I am glad to have you here. You understand more about what America really stands for than our own elected leaders. As for that disagreement last night with traderBASE and Temporaryscars, sometimes we all make overly emotional statements. We are all wound up pretty tight right now. Temporaryscars seems to enjoy provocative statements, that I don't like, and at other times he seems to say things that are spot on and respectable. I don't like people deliberately goading each other just for the sake of it. We are on the same team. We will never agree on everything but I think that we mostly agree on the fundamentals of this debate.

#21 ·
There is a ZERO mathematical chance that we get out of this without going Zimbabwe. It's not about policy anymore, it is now basic math. You can' beat math. Math doesn't lie and math is quite possibly the meanest mother ****er in the cosmos. It doesn't care if you think you're right, it doesn't care if you know you're right. IT will be right 100% of the time unless you throw quantum physics and black hole dynamics into it. but that's not the point. In this plane of reality, math will **** you in the ass and walk away without so much as a care in the world. You can't run from it, there is no hiding from it so don't try.

I also suggest Zero Hedge | On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero

#22 ·
Thomas Jefferson said his greatest act in office was paying OFF the national debt...
A few quotes from the man

To preserve [the] independence [of the people,] we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our election between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we run into such debts as that we must be taxed in our meat and in our drink, in our necessaries and our comforts, in our labors and our amusements, for our callings and our creeds, as the people of England are, our people, like them, must come to labor sixteen hours in the twenty-four, give the earnings of fifteen of these to the government for their debts and daily expenses, and the sixteenth being insufficient to afford us bread, we must live, as they now do, on oatmeal and potatoes, have no time to think, no means of calling the mismanagers to account, but be glad to obtain subsistence by hiring ourselves to rivet their chains on the necks of our fellow-sufferers.
"The conclusion then, is, that neither the representatives of a nation, nor the whole nation itself assembled, can validly engage debts beyond what they may pay in their own time.
Just goes to show you that our founding fathers had a grasp on things, why the also included the 2nd Amendment.

#23 ·
Thomas Jefferson said his greatest act in office was paying OFF the national debt...
A few quotes from the man

Just goes to show you that our founding fathers had a grasp on things, why the also included the 2nd Amendment.
So true, Jefferson was a genius and spot on 225 years ago about what our risk is right now. America had a good run. Now it's over. Because of the fudds in Washington.

#27 ·
All paper currency collaspes, gold and silver have always held its value since people recognized its value thousands of years ago. The founding fathers stated in the constitution that all money was to be backed by gold, and only congress has the power to issue money, which is not the case today . Money is now issued from private banks , the Federal reserve.

gold and silver have held thier value for thousands of years. In 1964 a silver quater could buy you a gallon of gas and some change. today the same silver quater will still buy you a gallon of gas and some change. its about 5 bucks today.

In the 1800's a $20 gold peice (an ounce of gold) would buy you a horse or a few nice suits , today you can still buy a horse or an few nice suits.

in 1970 the year we left the gold standard a silver dollar =1 dollar , today one silver dollar =35 dollars. the dollar is depreciateing over time .

Unless the dollar is pegged to gold , there can be no other way around it. The paper system doesnt collaspe because the ideas dont work, the system collaspes because of corruption , like all empires before.

Unless honest men fix this system there is no other way this can play out. The math doesnt lie.

#30 ·
All paper currency collaspes, gold and silver have always held its value since people recognized its value thousands of years ago. The founding fathers stated in the constitution that all money was to be backed by gold, and only congress has the power to issue money, which is not the case today . Money is now issued from private banks , the Federal reserve.

gold and silver have held thier value for thousands of years. In 1964 a silver quater could buy you a gallon of gas and some change. today the same silver quater will still buy you a gallon of gas and some change. its about 5 bucks today.

In the 1800's a $20 gold peice (an ounce of gold) would buy you a horse or a few nice suits , today you can still buy a horse or an few nice suits.

in 1970 the year we left the gold standard a silver dollar =1 dollar , today one silver dollar =35 dollars. the dollar is depreciateing over time .

Unless the dollar is pegged to gold , there can be no other way around it. The paper system doesnt collaspe because the ideas dont work, the system collaspes because of corruption , like all empires before.

Unless honest men fix this system there is no other way this can play out. The math doesnt lie.
Gold is variable in supply and price. It would govern/limit to some extent but when greedy men want something ...rest assured they will find a way to get it. This is a human issue, not a money issue. The flaw is in our collective greed, entitlement and failure to hold ourselves (and those we elect) accountable.

What we're seeing is an empire stretching itself too thin and the top dogs starving the majority, most likely as a power play. For the elites...this cannot be about money any longer, they have more money than imaginable.

We have to be honest about our personal role in how we got here if we are to get out of the ditch.

#35 ·
After one of my recent brain bender sessions I posted the below on my Facebook.

"Perhaps the sole flaw in democracy is it's tendency to propagate mob rule. With freedom &
independence comes dichotomy and intense social division..."

We have mob rule, we are horribly divided, are we doomed? We need to find a common thread and repair the moral fabric of our society ASAP...before it's tattered beyond repair.

"In a democracy, people get the government they deserve." If we dislike the greed and corruption in our government, we need to take a look into our own actions. People are voting for what will benefit them & their ego more than anything. People vote not for who they want to WIN, rather against the guy they want to see lose. We are a nation of passive aggressive maniacs it would seem.

#37 ·
Yes!!
We get what we deserve, nothing more, nothing less.
The real problem starts when people only think about themselves and stop thinking about them as "us", as a society.
That is called social conscience, being involved, being informed objectively, being pragmatic and being understanding and participating in local and global issues. We are 1st world countries yet we have a lot of poverty and misery in many places. We say we are a huge power yet we have 18 trillion in debt and counting. Just the interest alone of what we own to china is able to fund their entire military spending.
We think we are a civil society but we are not.

#36 ·
I have some problems with blameing the sheep for thier own shearing. What Im saying is that most people have no clue as to way things work the way they do, they were never taught or educated in ""schools"" about the way the system works, Like you guys ,I had to figure this sht out on my own.

Ignorance more than stupidity is responsible, in my opinion. Its not like people are taught and just disreguard it. Its never taught, and you have to learn these things on your own. To me it seems like the system is trying to keep people stupid or ignorant , then blame them for thier stupidity and ignorance when the whole time its the system itself that is to blame .

Sometimes I read these boards here and can see just how badly people are brainwashed into a way of thinking.

I dunno, maybe Im a little crazy .

#40 ·
His logic is fine until he says the collapse is guaranteed due to not paying off the debt. There is no mathematical guarantee that the US and others like it will hit a death spiral. There are good odds of it, but it's not assured, and if it doesn't happen, the collapse need not occur.

I see a lot of people have bought precious metals, but historically these are typically a poor thing to do with money. The market in precious metals has already gone up massively (so it's potentially getting late to buy it), and there are other ways to protect against inflation, inflation protected bonds, or stocks.

There's also the nature of timing. As post #5 points out, this kind of fear has been around for a while. When will the end come? Next year? The year 2200?

#41 ·
Well for the first time the debt is greater than the GDP. Once the debt ratio reaches 80 percent of GDP, anything above that is a severe strain on the economy. Now add a trillion dollars a year to the deficit and very soon there will be a collapse unless they stop overspending. Not sure why that is not obvious, it is to me. Endless spending cannot continue.

#43 ·
I have just recently started to read up on some of these issues and the general theme I have been getting is that the world governments and major banks have been playing some games with the markets and manipulating things.

For example the claim that JP Morgan and HSBC have been manipulating the silver price by their huge holdings of shorts. It was investigated for 4 years before they said they were stopping the investigation because they couldn't find enough evidence. An investigation does not last four years unless you keep finding some shady stuff.

Also I believe in a lot of the futures trading of commodities (if not all) they are buying and selling contracts for more then there is supply and if everyone with a contract decided to take physical possession of the goods the whole game would collapse.

Then you have Quantitative easing which is another way to manipulate economies to strengthen them when they are weak.

If you look at the economies and currencies like the stock market and all the tricks being used to keep things normal as artificially keeping the value of currencies and other aspects high then eventually you are bound to get a correction when someone screws up or things get to bad and then everything will collapse. When people lose faith (which is happening IMO) then money based on faith is bound to fail.

So at this point (IMO I am no expert and dont understand all the intricacies) fundamentally the question is how long can they keep this game up before money is worth the paper its written on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.