Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By VARMINT223
  • 1 Post By oc shooter

Thread: Trucker strike planned (Oct 11-13)

Default Trucker strike planned (Oct 11-13)

https://www.facebook.com/truckerstos...ica?ref=stream

The American people are sick and tired of the corruption that is destroying America! We therefore declare a GENERAL STRIKE on the weekend of October 11-13, 2013! Truck drivers will not haul freight! Americans can strike in solidarity with truck drivers!
    SCOPE
    NYSRPA
    In 2014, we're still putting wood on guns? 0_o

If they present a coherent message it might help. Otherwise we'll be paying $39.95 a roll for toilet paper.
    "...man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts." -R.Reagan

Deo Vindice.

General Strike on a weekend? I'm not sure that'd make a statement.
    SCOPE/NRA/NYSRPA /AARP
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    Support your local FFL.
    FUAC

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyolegoat View Post
    If they present a coherent message it might help. Otherwise we'll be paying $39.95 a roll for toilet paper.
    Great, more hoarding.
    cgrutt likes this.
    SCOPE/NRA/NYSRPA /AARP
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    Support your local FFL.
    FUAC

the whole reason the last one worked was because it was during the week and they stopped the flow of traffic everywhere. strikes do not work because there is always someone else willing to get paid

what more are you suggesting? I thought it was pretty clear; They are tired of the corruption, so they're not shipping anything.
    SCOPE
    NYSRPA

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrada View Post
    what more are you suggesting? I thought it was pretty clear; They are tired of the corruption, so they're not shipping anything.
    I think they need to spell out exactly the corruption, and what they expect to see done about it. This could potentially capture the attention of the entire country, so when they get on live mic, they need to say it clearly and concisely. Nothing else was intended.
    "...man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts." -R.Reagan

Deo Vindice.

I think they need to spell out exactly the corruption, and what they expect to see done about it. This could potentially capture the attention of the entire country, so when they get on live mic, they need to say it clearly and concisely. Nothing else was intended.
    Fair point..
    Enumeration couldn't hurt..
    SCOPE
    NYSRPA

Sergeant

the day they strike has nothing to do with it's effect. if product is in the pipe line lets say from cali to ny if it sits a day or 2 it gets there a day or 2 late. most factories and super markets only have enough food or parts for a few days. believe me it would be a major pain in the nether parts if they do it. as for me anything that points out the corruption of the government gets my vote!!!!
    Hardrada likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oc shooter View Post
    the day they strike has nothing to do with it's effect. if product is in the pipe line lets say from cali to ny if it sits a day or 2 it gets there a day or 2 late. most factories and super markets only have enough food or parts for a few days. believe me it would be a major pain in the nether parts if they do it. as for me anything that points out the corruption of the government gets my vote!!!!
    I agree: The day is irrelevant.
    SCOPE
    NYSRPA

What a commentary that a wakeup call of this magnitude is even considered. And the ruling elite will make them out to be a few poorly informed extremists - and I believe the phrase is - "clinging to their God and their guns."
    Last edited by grumpyolegoat; 09-16-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Deo Vindice.

Major

my dads a truck driver now for about 8 years. The last company he worked for really treated him like crap. He got paid ok, but they would screw him over on getting him home. I remember he missed christmas dinner one time and my mom threw the damn xmas ham out the front window.

Of course I like xmas ham, it was near oswego, ny where it was so snowy, I just brushed it off and had my dinner.

Moral of the story, the workin' man gets crapped on all day long. They should be paid a touch more for the job they are doing, and be given more job stability than "mileage"... and wait your truck broke down... we will pay you X$ for breakdown pay... and wait, you were only broke down for 7 hours not 8, and you made 8.04 for your day of work and hassles... thanks!

They should just all stop for 2 weeks, let SHTF. Let it just happen alreadyyy. What have all the preppers been waitin for?

Quote Originally Posted by VARMINT223 View Post
    General Strike on a weekend? I'm not sure that'd make a statement.
    Holiday weekend at that...