Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree202Likes

Thread: So who's got the coolest wife thread...

She's kind of a loner, and shy, but I did manage this one pic of her:

I just feel like she is a part of me though. Always open to new things. We are always doing things I like. Soft, but can be a fighter when needed. Always around guns, though she is for gun control a bit more than I. We are working on that.

Ah.

​Proud NRA LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

​SEI Advanced Open Water Nitrox Diver. Dives- ​59. Any Dive Buddies out there? :-)

I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt BIG flash's Avatar

OK, guess I should post about my wife!

Excellent mother to our daughter.

Plays roller derby, and is damn good at it (not a jammer).

Moved to NYS to be with me. (I should have went to NV, what the hell.)

Can outshoot me (though she is pretty quick to beat me at anything we do together.)

Photographs weddings with me as my second shooter (naturally she’s even better than me at that too though it’s really my thing.)

Loves how I grill steak. She makes the best mac salad.

Great beer pong partner (the one thing I may be better than her at. The night we met, I won a tournament with her friend as my partner, I was trying to impress her. I bought a keg with the winnings to throw a party that weekend so I could get her over to my house).

She’s always up for a spontaneous adventure with me. Whether it’s traveling, kayaking, biking, hiking, any of the things I like to get out and do. And we always have a blast together doing whatever it is.

Always surprises me with the best gifts, she once bought me a 70-200L 2.8IS II for a Christmas present.

Supports everything I do though really, even if she isn’t in to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG flash View Post
    ooh, OTR, she has a cat? that's minus points IMHO

you guys all have some kick ass wives, that's for sure!
    In her defense, it's me that pushes the cats. I'm not a big fan of cats, but I like them a lot more than rodents.

Everyone earns their keep in my house. The humans earn money, the dogs bark at stuff, and the cats kill stuff.

---------------------

Quote Originally Posted by BIG flash View Post
    everything works out for a reason!!
    Wildman1024, listen to Flash, he's wise beyond his years. I went through a lot of rough times to get where I am today. When I was going through them, the rough times seemed like hell, but looking back, it was all worth it. I wouldn't be where I am today had I not suffered through the harder days.

An honest person with a good work ethic will eventually find happiness no matter how low things may get on the way there.
    BIG flash likes this.
    Anything stated in the above post is my personal opinion and should not be construed as legal advice.

Well, I was going to say my husband had the coolest wife, but... not that young anymore, not that cute, I dont wear a trench coat to the airport to pick up my hubby. Hell, I don't even go meet him. Trying to think of something good, and the only thing I came up with is that when he purposely pushed me down a hill on the mountain bike (long story), I laughed about it.

Add to that, I'm sitting in the parish house looking at this thread, with bright pink thongs, laughing my ass off. I'm a terrible wife!
    demerson, cgrutt and Wildman1024 like this.

General

Terrible perhaps but cool nevertheless...

You guys all have some very 'cool' sounding wives.
    I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country

Deo et Patrić

Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

Major

My wife (who doesn't hunt) just spent teh last three days helping me disassemble a moose into freezer sized pieces and grind up moose burger. I'd love her for that even if she wasn't her gorgeous self.
    Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him, and He will act. Psalm 37:3-7

I have a long list of reasons, including supporting my deployments and giving me an extremely awesome handsome intelligent mini-me. But I had to post now.
    I was reading the thread about the pediatrician stealing the Safe Act sign. So I said,"not sure if I ever mentioned, if the pediatrician ever asks about guns, tell them you don't answer questions like that."

She says,"screw that, I will tell them it's none of their ****ing business." And then she went on to ask me WTH they would even be asking.
    Yes, telling them that pretty much admits to having guns, but hey, I like the answer.
    Gun loving family man with never enough time for either. S
    rsylvstr@gmail.com

Major

My wife keeps me going....she is a pulitzer prize winning writer, social activist, university professor and a doctor to boot.
    We do have our points of friction because she insists on speaking in anything but english on the weekends (she speaks 18 languages)
    Doc8404 likes this.

My wife (married 14 days ago)..

- Is a Licensed Massage Therapist - I get free massages all the time.

- Is a NICU nurse, so although we don't have kids now, I know she'll be able to handle anything.

- Likes guns, shoots only sometimes, but best of all, thinks Gov. Castro is a piece of ****.

- Cooks whatever I want all the time! Woohoo! (This might be because she doesn't want me burning the house down while trying to use the kitchen).

- Drives a 5 speed.

- Driving a 5 speed also means she can DD me in anyones car - And she does, because she doesn't like to drink, but still likes to go out occasionally.

- Loves to look her best for me every day.

- Puts up with all of my antics and BS with a smile

Quote Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
    Well, I was going to say my husband had the coolest wife, but... not that young anymore, not that cute, I dont wear a trench coat to the airport to pick up my hubby. Hell, I don't even go meet him. Trying to think of something good, and the only thing I came up with is that when he purposely pushed me down a hill on the mountain bike (long story), I laughed about it.

Add to that, I'm sitting in the parish house looking at this thread, with bright pink thongs, laughing my ass off. I'm a terrible wife!
    Any chick who wears a thong cant be that bad. I haven't seen one is years and I'm only 30. is it to much to ask for??? haha

General

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman1024 View Post
    Any chick who wears a thong cant be that bad. I haven't seen one is years and I'm only 30. is it to much to ask for??? haha
    Ehm, how do I put this... I don't think she was sitting in the parish wearing a pink thong but looking at the pic of the thong on this thread lol...
    swilliamsny likes this.

The list is long for my wife .... she gets me,I get her,... instantly felt like we knew each other our entire lives .... still fall in love every single day .... as for pics .... there is one or two in Gunners Cigar bar ....
    Doc8404, cgrutt and Pistol Pete like this.
    Cogito, Ergo Armatum Sum

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman1024 View Post
    This thread depresses me! The one I thought I was gonna marry hit eject in 2007. Life ended then. I'll be 31 this year and still haven't started over yet.

oh yea the one I got now cooks but its so so. Goes to the range once a year when she "feels good" and thinks no one will be around so she can shoot 10 shots and coult all my shots and tell me how much ammo is.
    atleast yours cooks

Quote Originally Posted by Mhall10 View Post
    atleast yours cooks
    LOL thats true. But thing of it is...I can cook also. Id much rather prepare a meal for myself and get a thong in return. just saying

Quote Originally Posted by cgrutt View Post
    Ehm, how do I put this... I don't think she was sitting in the parish wearing a pink thong but looking at the pic of the thong on this thread lol...
    Even better. looks like a pink gun holster to me hahaha

My wife must be and is an awesome woman. She has put up with my **** for the last 26 yrs. LoL
    collector48 likes this.
    Free Men Do Not Ask Permission To Bear Arms.

My wife is my biggest supporter...married 35 years and I have at times been a pain in the ass, but she is always there for me and has never doubted me... what more could you ask for...and I love her more each day....

Corporal

I was a truck driver in the 90's at work on a Thursday the office people were being super nice to me all smiles and stuff friendly happy talk not the usual here is the work go do it stuff , at end of day owner comes up to me with a giant smile and a firm hand shake and says "Dog have a really nice weekend " confused me it was after all Thursday we still had Friday left,,,,well I went home got a big surprise wifey had us all packed up she took me to Vt for a long weekend and had called the employer and got me Friday and Monday off work, we had a super weekend !

Sergeant

My wife is cool. Here's my story.

I'm 26, my wife is 23. We're married and have 2 kids (5 & 1). She's willing to give up a comfy civilian life for military life (leaving for BTC in Jan). Pretty cool if you ask me!

Not married yet, but we are engaged and if NY still had common law I would be married. We were high school sweethearts and have been together for 11 years. I am 27 and she just turned 29 last week. You military guys have me beat for how long I am gone working but it is still a good amount of time. I travel the country for work and leave mid August and don't come home till thanksgiving. In the spring I am lucky enough to be working in PA and NJ so I get to come home every weekend, but am still gone all week. The positive to my job is I only work about 6 1/2-7 months out of the year. She is the hardest working person I know. She has her masters in education and was a half time pre k teacher up until a few days ago when she finally got a full time teaching job as a special ed teacher. All through her associates she had 18+ credits and was also part of the group that gives campus tours & honor fraternity. During her Bachelors she had 20+ credits and worked 30 hours a week at a daycare. During her Masters she drove to campus 2 times a week 1 1/2 each way and worked as the half time pre k teacher. Since she graduated with the cluster our state has become teaching jobs are hard to come by and couldn't seem to snag a full time so she continued as half time pre k, she also did (dream team) not sure why they call it that but she basically tested kids for the second half of the day. She was also JV girls volley ball coach. She keeps our house in one peach and next to spotless when I am gone. She is also 100% committed to me and gets mad at me when she doesn't feel I do enough to help out around the house. It isn't so much that I'm not doing enough its that I'm not helping her do something so we are doing something together. She isn't a very good cook, so I take care of that. We have both worked since we were 10, but she was more intelligent and saved most of her money. She paid for her entire college ed in cash. I had my loans but paid them off 10 years early and the ones in my parents names 15 years early. I don't have to worry about her cheating on me when I'm gone and she stays busy so she deals with it okay. Compared to almost all of the girls I graduated with I got a really good one. She is also the hardest working and least complaining of any of them. She also loves guns, but shes not a huge shooter. She loves to look at them and drool over them.

P.s. to all of you in the military thank you for your service and their families thank you for your sacrifices!
    Memberships:
    NRA
    S.C.O.P.E.
    2nd Amendment Foundation
    NYSRPA

Major

Quote Originally Posted by 08fz6 View Post
    Not married yet, but we are engaged and if NY still had common law I would be married. We were high school sweethearts and have been together for 11 years. I am 27 and she just turned 29 last week. You military guys have me beat for how long I am gone working but it is still a good amount of time. I travel the country for work and leave mid August and don't come home till thanksgiving. In the spring I am lucky enough to be working in PA and NJ so I get to come home every weekend, but am still gone all week. The positive to my job is I only work about 6 1/2-7 months out of the year. She is the hardest working person I know. She has her masters in education and was a half time pre k teacher up until a few days ago when she finally got a full time teaching job as a special ed teacher. All through her associates she had 18+ credits and was also part of the group that gives campus tours & honor fraternity. During her Bachelors she had 20+ credits and worked 30 hours a week at a daycare. During her Masters she drove to campus 2 times a week 1 1/2 each way and worked as the half time pre k teacher. Since she graduated with the cluster our state has become teaching jobs are hard to come by and couldn't seem to snag a full time so she continued as half time pre k, she also did (dream team) not sure why they call it that but she basically tested kids for the second half of the day. She was also JV girls volley ball coach. She keeps our house in one peach and next to spotless when I am gone. She is also 100% committed to me and gets mad at me when she doesn't feel I do enough to help out around the house. It isn't so much that I'm not doing enough its that I'm not helping her do something so we are doing something together. She isn't a very good cook, so I take care of that. We have both worked since we were 10, but she was more intelligent and saved most of her money. She paid for her entire college ed in cash. I had my loans but paid them off 10 years early and the ones in my parents names 15 years early. I don't have to worry about her cheating on me when I'm gone and she stays busy so she deals with it okay. Compared to almost all of the girls I graduated with I got a really good one. She is also the hardest working and least complaining of any of them. She also loves guns, but shes not a huge shooter. She loves to look at them and drool over them.

P.s. to all of you in the military thank you for your service and their families thank you for your sacrifices!

I would love to read about your wife however, this looks like a DNA strand and it's burning my eyes. Paragraphs are your friend.
    demerson likes this.
    NRA : SCOPE-NY : SCOPE-ILA

"We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works."

Better?

Not married yet, but we are engaged and if NY still had common law I would be married. We were high school sweethearts and have been together for 11 years. I am 27 and she just turned 29 last week.

You military guys have me beat for how long I am gone working but it is still a good amount of time. I travel the country for work and leave mid August and don't come home till thanksgiving. In the spring I am lucky enough to be working in PA and NJ so I get to come home every weekend, but am still gone all week. The positive to my job is I only work about 6 1/2-7 months out of the year.

She is the hardest working person I know. She has her masters in education and was a half time pre k teacher up until a few days ago when she finally got a full time teaching job as a special ed teacher. All through her associates she had 18+ credits and was also part of the group that gives campus tours & honor fraternity. During her Bachelors she had 20+ credits and worked 30 hours a week at a daycare. During her Masters she drove to campus 2 times a week 1 1/2 each way and worked as the half time pre k teacher.

Since she graduated with the cluster our state has become teaching jobs are hard to come by and couldn't seem to snag a full time so she continued as half time pre k, she also did (dream team) not sure why they call it that but she basically tested kids for the second half of the day. She was also JV girls volley ball coach.

She keeps our house in one peach and next to spotless when I am gone. She is also 100% committed to me and gets mad at me when she doesn't feel I do enough to help out around the house. It isn't so much that I'm not doing enough its that I'm not helping her do something so we are doing something together.

She isn't a very good cook, so I take care of that. We have both worked since we were 10, but she was more intelligent and saved most of her money. She paid for her entire college ed in cash. I had my loans but paid them off 10 years early and the ones in my parents names 15 years early.

I don't have to worry about her cheating on me when I'm gone and she stays busy so she deals with it okay. Compared to almost all of the girls I graduated with I got a really good one. She is also the hardest working and least complaining of any of them.

She also loves guns, but shes not a huge shooter. She loves to look at them and drool over them.

P.s. to all of you in the military thank you for your service and their families thank you for your sacrifices![/QUOTE]
    meketrefe and 08fz6 like this.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one."
    — Cesare Beccaria, Essay on Crimes and Punishments, 1764

Not cool gunner. I read this crap and said,"my ass Gunner is 27 and travels and buys all these guns"
    Then I scrolled up. LMAO.
    Last edited by Doc8404; 11-24-2013 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Typo
    Gun loving family man with never enough time for either. S
    rsylvstr@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doc8404 View Post
    Not cool gunner. I ear this crap and said,"my ass Gunner is 27 and travels and buys all these guns"
    Then I scrolled up. LMAO.
    I was just trying to be helpful.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one."
    — Cesare Beccaria, Essay on Crimes and Punishments, 1764

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast