New York Firearms Forum banner

Geraldo Rivera: Second Amendment is ‘Blind and Stupid’‏

996 views 21 replies 21 participants last post by  Blimey 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I find him annoying to listen to as he always falls back on his personal feelings rather than laws or Constitutionally protected rights. The second amendment should be blind, just as the first amendment and others should be - there should be no interpretations or qualifications on any of our Constitutionally protected rights. We all know where that leads as we live it day to day - erosion of individual liberties.

#17 ·
He's a hypocrite of the first order. a supposed lawyer when he wants to make legal points, but the law doesn't apply when it comes to illegal border crossers he says he is an NRA member, but he supports every anti-2A bill that comes down the pike. If you want to have some fun, go to his facebook page and hammer him there. and read some of the responses to his diatribes. He must be a masochist

#6 ·
Maybe I'm thinking of someone else, but didn't he carry a handgun when he was reporting (more like wetting his pants) in Iraq?

#8 ·
Geraldo has the same credibility as a coin with two heads.
In some ways it is good this clown is out there saying these things. It does a lot of good scaring people off and making them think.
A bit like Bloomberg shooting himself and others on the foot all the time.

#14 ·
I'm curious, what does the Second Amendment have to do with the Uzi accident and the death of the range instructor? Is the Second Amendment responsible for pool drownings? Is the Second Amendment responsible for texting and driving fatalities? Is the Second Amendment responsible for drive by shootings? Is the second amendment responsible for child fatalities in farm accidents? The accident is so incredibly unique that it is just that, a freak accident (being exploited by opportunist freaks.)

How many firearms instructors didn't get shot last year?

How many reporters were killed last year in the line of duty? Maybe if we ban the first amendment those lives would have been saved.

#16 ·
Anything to get people to talk about you. What is the old saying about bad publicity being good publicity?

#19 ·
It dawned on me earlier. In using the logic he did, it would be no different than blaming the 1st amendment for the dopey remarks that Mike Dickinson made on his radio show about wanting God to kill NRA members. There Geraldo, we need to mess with YOUR free speech because of that asshat.

#22 ·
So few kids die at a firearms training course that it barely deserves more attention. I know that it is awful for this person's parents, but out of 300M people in this country people are bound to die sometimes from the most unusual things, and you just can't realistically or responsibly legislate ways to avoid it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.