New York Firearms Forum banner

Should have grabbed my camera, pilot lost ?

537 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Doc8404 
#1 ·
I see military planes and choppers fly by here often, usually after stopping at the Broome Co Airport to refuel. So about an hour ago I hear a chopper coming, but from a different direction. This one was not on their usual flight path and when I stepped on the deck to take a look they were hovering above the property, under 300' altitude. More likely 200'. When they started moving along again it was quite slow, I could hear the difference in prop wash as it passed over, the distinct sound of a low and slow chopper. I thought it was kinda cool to see it so close but makes me wonder....wth would they be doing here so low and hovering, and nowhere near their flightpath ??
I know it was a military chopper, no markings and tanish color. UH-60 probably.
One of those times when I should have grabbed my camera, it sits next to my PC.

#4 ·
That's what a friend of mine said they might be doing. Mostly hay field here that have been chopped already and not much tall growth of anything. Maybe someone called in a false tip for the area ? No way it could be hidden here lol. Was kinda cool though because I've never seen the underside of a UH-60 so friggin close, at second look from my deck they were definitely less than 200' off the ground, maybe around 100' or so. Seriously that low. Sounds like a plausible explanation though.

#5 ·
I had one of those guys circling over me skinny dipping in a pond some years ago. freakin' pervs..

but yeah probably searching for illegal plantings (at least allegedly)

#6 ·
I really hope they are not out looking for pot. For Christ's sake we have about a million better things for them to be spending my money on..

#7 ·
Probably takin pics of ya to spread around to their buddies lol
That friend of mine that suggested pot patrol too, also said that a 76 yr old guy in Schyler (sp) recently got busted that way, had 10 plants growing alongside his place, said they repelled from the chopper so got quite the surprise lmao.

#8 ·
Could have been the Pot Chopper. I'm still amazed that today we are still wasting all this money on pot. I would think that the current administration would want everyone stoned. That way less people would be questioning his policies and would be content to stay home and watch American Idol (Is that even still om?)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.