Current Albany County Amendments
Close

Corporal

Default Current Albany County Amendments

Anyone go for an amendment recently? I sent in 2 amendment forms back in late November and they were delivery 11/28 per my USPS delivery confirmation. But I still haven't heard anything back yet. I'm not sure if they are backed up because of the holidays or what but I'm hesitant to call about it because I don't necessarily want to hear back about the first amendment since it is a primary residence change and I'm afraid of them pulling my NY permit and requiring me to return my permit. But the 2nd amendment was adding my Colt that I purchased down here to my permit... that one I do want to hear back on.

Thanks.

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Private

I handed mine in just before Christmas. No word yet

Private

I handed mine in 3 weeks ago and still nothing.
    Who judges you all have? I have McDonough................

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFirearms.com
    Advertisements

Corporal

I don't know... I had Herrick but I know that he transferred courts and I never received anything about who was taking over my permit.

Going on 6 weeks now since they received it...

Private

I have O'Connor

Private

I have occonnor

Private

I handed my amendment in November 21st. Haven't heard anything yet. Called the judges chambers and spoke with the secretary, she stated that she had paper work that dated back to December 15th but couldn't give me an information on my amendment. She said that it might be on Judge McDonoughs desk but no way to confirm it. Told me she would look into in and call me back. Never called me back. I called back today and it was a different person. They told me they would look into it took my number and told me not to call back for another couple weeks that they would call me in that time frame.....dont know if i believe them

Corporal

Let me know if you hear anything. Sounds like they are just REALLY backed up.

Private

Did you call the clerk ?

Private

Does anyone have occonnor ?

Corporal

I don't really want or need to call. Like I posted, I don't want to hear anything back on the one amendment since the only thing I would hear back is "Turn in your permit within xx days". And I already have the pistol that I am trying to add to my permit so there's no rush to get the amendment. I won't be travelling back to NY until May and I'll be staying in Mass. during some of that visit so I cannot bring it with me anyway.

Private

Quote Originally Posted by klarowe View Post
    Let me know if you hear anything. Sounds like they are just REALLY backed up.

Finally got the letter in the mail. I looked at my amendment and it was actually dated November 14th 2016. The apporoval letter was date January 20th 2017 and i recieved it the day after.....I did how ever call a week prior to recieving the letter and spoke with the secretary in my judges chambers. Dont know if that made a difference or not. Took a little over 2 months to get my pistol amended. Went and picked it up last night. Cant wait until i get to the range.

Corporal

Ok. Hopefully I'll be hearing something soon then. Thanks for the update!

Private

Wow,thats a long time for an amendment.I dropped off an amendment at the Columbia co clerks office on 1/16 and got the letter from the judge today,1/28.It was dated 1/25.Not sure,but I think the OP is gonna have a problem with that "change of address" amendment.I know a friend of mine moved from Delaware co to Dutchess co and they let him keep his Del co permit with a Dutchess co address,but a NYS permit with a Texas address?

Corporal

I still own a house in NY so as far as I am aware, I am still a NY resident. However, if they take it away, it's likely not worth my time or money to fight it. Maybe I'll get lucky and the National Reciprocity Act will pass then I won't have to worry about it.

Private

Anyone hear anything yet ?

Corporal

Nothing yet.

Corporal

Still haven't heard back. Going on 13 weeks now. Anyone have the ability to look up my permit to see if a certain handgun is on it?

Private

Wow, that's a long time. I submitted my first amendment a couple weeks ago for a purchase and have not heard anything. Id be curious to hear what the current wait time is. I hope its not standard practice to wait 13 weeks! Id like to get my pistol sometime soon.

Corporal

I'm assuming my delay is partially due to my change in primary residency... which is also why I'm not pushing it. I have the gun in my possession so it's not causing me any headache and I'd hate to push it and have them pull my permit out of spite.