PA out of state pistol permit
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By OwnTheRide

Thread: PA out of state pistol permit

Sergeant

Default PA out of state pistol permit

Has anyone done this? What is the process of this? Whats the turn around time? And if you get it how does it work?? Do you have to register all your hand guns on the PA permit as well?? Or do you just get the out of state permit and carry the NY permit with your gun and serial number?

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Colonel

It's easy to do go on thier web site. Fill out the form. You have to appear in person and pay $20.00. Then you get your permit in under 30 minutes. Many counties will not provide you a permit if you have nys restrictions. Center county will. As for the guns I'm not sure, but I don't think you have to add them.

Private

I got my Pa. back in Sept. I went to Lacawana county sheriffs dept. in Scranton. I have NYS unrestricted and in less then 30 mins. had my Pa. unrestricted. Just bring your NY unrestricted and you drivers license fill out a one page app. and hand it to Deputy at window. She runs background check and if all is good you walk out with Pa. permit.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFirearms.com
    Advertisements

Sergeant

Awesome, thanks for the information guys didnt realize it was so easy.
    May 1st 2011 -- OSAMA BIN LADEN IS DEAD!! )))

This thread is a great example of the effectiveness of incremental advancement of gun control over a period of generations. Poor Doozey45 has gotten so used to NY's gun control laws that he expects the same in other states.
    Doozey45 and Buckshot like this.
    Anything stated in the above post is my personal opinion and should not be construed as legal advice.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    This thread is a great example of the effectiveness of incremental advancement of gun control over a period of generations. Poor Doozey45 has gotten so used to NY's gun control laws that he expects the same in other states.

Brain-washing [psychological programming] at its finest!! Doozey45, if you're reading this; NYS is the only state I know of that requires registration of handguns. Vermont is the ONLY state in the NE that does not have a pistol licensing system in place.So if you're a Vermont resident; all is needed for you to pass the federal NCIC background check and then take possession of the handgun from the firearms dealer. Also, as a non-resident; you may carry your legally owned pistol in the State of Vermont.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Doozey45 View Post
    Has anyone done this? What is the process of this? Whats the turn around time? And if you get it how does it work?? Do you have to register all your hand guns on the PA permit as well?? Or do you just get the out of state permit and carry the NY permit with your gun and serial number?

Doozey45, is your PL out of Ulster County restricted or full carry? The PA border counties adjacent to us (ie. Pike County) will NOT issue non-resident PLs. You would need to proceed to either Lakawanna (Scranton PA) County off I-84 or to Centre County. Lakawanna County S.O. doe not issue non-resident PLs to those NY pistol licensees with restrictions.

Captain

Back in the day when you could mail it, i got mine in Centre County. They now want your photo, so you have to apply in person. I ended up applying in Erie PA. Super easy, friendly people. 20 bucks, application, photo. Hardest part was finding the office. I left, showed up in the mail 2 days later. I had the same question about calling to add to my permit (back when i had my permit out of centre county). The woman almost chuckled, said no they didn't care what i bought or sold. To others points - Erie wouldn't have let me apply or renew before my restrictions were removed. If there's a county close to you - just call and ask them. If you have restrictions tell them - they'll happily let you know if they'll issue you one or not. That's what I did with Erie before my restrictions were lifted and I didn't want to drive to Centre. I just let it expire for a bit, then re-applied. Same cost either way.

Sergeant

I have my unrestricted full carry so i should be good.
    May 1st 2011 -- OSAMA BIN LADEN IS DEAD!! )))

PA. is as easy as it gets and the cost is the most reasonable {$20} for an out of State Pistol Permit. They are usually less the half an hour from entry to exit with your permit in hand. Some times the system will be down so it put a time delay in getting your permit, but it gets done really fast. They don't let it sit in a file cabinet for six months to a year like New York State does.

If you travel much Utah is a good one to have. If you go to Florida their permit is easy as well. These two will take a little time to get and are done through the mail.
    Walk Light, Carry a Big Stick & Never Walk Away, Teddy Roosevelt
    Don't Take Your Guns To Town, Johnny Cash http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMMp_llzBT4
    NRA, WAC "Washington Arms Collectors"
    1 million people attended Obama's inauguration, but only 14 had to miss work

The AZ permit is often overlooked, but I don't know why. It has coverage substantially similar to FL and UT, but it's cheaper and easier to get. $60 first permit, $43 renewals.
    Anything stated in the above post is my personal opinion and should not be construed as legal advice.