Close

Default NY Pistol Permits Honored By Other States

I know that NY does not honor a permit from another state, but I've heard and keep reading conflicting information on whether other states will honor NY's pistol permit. I came across this: New York State Pistol Laws | eHow.com and this is what it say's at the bottom of the article:

"
    Restrictions

• A New York State pistol permit authorizes the holder to carry a concealed loaded handgun anywhere in the state except New York City. New York State pistol permits are honored in 14 other states including: Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Vermont. New York State does not recognize carry permits from other states."

I've been wondering, is this mis-information, or is this true and good information?

Read more
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

If you go to Concealed Carry, Reciprocity Maps, Concealed Weapons Permit, select NY State, and the map will show you which states accept the NY permit.

For those of you that just want the info, NY is accepted in the following: MT, ID, UT, AZ, SD, IA, MO, OK, TX, AK, MI, IN, KY, TN, VT

You should always go to the source for this stuff. Hit the USA Carry site, look over the lost, then go to each state to verify.
    "From training comes knowledge. From knowledge comes confidence. From confidence comes triumph."

The Next Evolution in Training

"Like" us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roche...61665857219329

Dave Jenkins,
    Founder, Primary Instructor: Rochester Personal Defense, LLC
    NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor for:Well, pretty much everything!
    REAL TRAINING, FOR REAL PEOPLE, FOR REAL LIFE.