Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 99mikgt

Thread: Orange County Permit ***UPDATE***

Private

Default Orange County Permit ***UPDATE***

So i finally got a hold of my investigator at the SO today. I asked how my file was coming along. She told me that everything was "all set" and that my info was sent out to the undersheriff, and then to the judge.

She said hopefully i will hear something soon.

Does anyone know what kind of time we might be talking about here? Is this generally a quick process now that my mental health is done and all my info is being sent out of the SO?

Private

hey 99 whats up, its hard to say my application was handed over to the clerk/judge on 1/9/12 he signed it 3/9/12 i received my permit 3/23/12 it could be a couple of weeks or months.

Government time isnt on a clock or calendar ,, they come up with all of this by them selves,,,, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by 99mikgt View Post
    So i finally got a hold of my investigator at the SO today. I asked how my file was coming along. She told me that everything was "all set" and that my info was sent out to the undersheriff, and then to the judge.

She said hopefully i will hear something soon.

Does anyone know what kind of time we might be talking about here? Is this generally a quick process now that my mental health is done and all my info is being sent out of the SO?
    i know i have seen other posts from you of when you handed in the application and did your interview but if you could provide me with a date again of when you had your interview and all that would be great. im still waiting on mine and if i remember right we handed out applications in and had the interview around the same time. my hope is that if your was sent to the judge mine has too or will be soon. thanks

Private

Got the letter in the mail yesterday, and went down to the clerk's office to pick up my permit this afternoon. And then directly to the gun shop and picked up my shiny new Smith and Wesson M&P 40c.

Fingerprints were done on 11/23/11
    I handed in all info/references on 12/15/11

Sent to the Judge on 3/29/12
    Recieved Permit on 4/10/12

I hope this gives you guys a good idea of the wait time associated with Orange County. It was relativley short compared to others that i have seen on here. My record is spotless, and i had solid references (who were never contacted) so maybe this played a large part in the short (sub 4 month) wait time.I have heard of other instances where it has taken well over a year for guys with DWI conviction, or other arrests. I also believe that you really do need to stay up on it and call in every couple of weeks to make sure that your file isnt just sitting in one place for too long.
    robson likes this.

CONGRATS!!........and welcome to what hopes to be a long ride with a great hobby(obsession!).........

FYI.......I too have a spotless record, and it took about the same amount of time for me.......but that was 1982!!!.........so all things considered...not too bad!