Close

Sergeant

Default saratoga county admendments

I know I saw this posted somewhere else before, but I can't seem to find it now.

Went to the Saratoga County SO today to file an admendment. The clerk told me about a week an a half was the turn around time right now. Because Saratoga County issues the plastic cards, I asked about adding the new gun to the back of the card. She point blank said "write it on a mailing label and stick it to the back of the card".

I almost want to pay for a duplicate card after this admendment is approved. Just seems so ghetto, to have a hand written mailing label on the back of the permit. Not to mention, that I could write any thing down.

yup, that's the way it works. You plannin on paying for a duplicate card after every amendment?

Sergeant

believe it or not, I don't plan on buying anything else anytime soon. Then again I didn't plan on buying 100 cigars today either.

Quote Originally Posted by ADKeagle View Post
    yup, that's the way it works. You plannin on paying for a duplicate card after every amendment?
    yes, this is true, the wait time is less than 2 weeks and they don't change the card, not sure why that is??

Sergeant

This could be someones worse nightmare. I was discussing this with an LEO friend just after I left the SO. He told me straight out, if he were to encounter someone with a hand gun hand written on the back of the permit and that was the gun being carried. He would take the gun until he was able to verify with the county that issued the permit. There is no system in place for an LEO to check what guns you are permited to carry, unless it is 9-5 mon-fri.

I would call this a somewhat overzealous LEO, sorry, but only a dumbass would write a guns info on the back of their permit if it wasn't legal to do so, maybe he needs to be reminded that law abiding permit holders usually do not do things like that, since I have the same issues being a Saratoga County permit holder, as well as unrestricted, I carry copies of my amendments in my range bag as well as another set locked in my glove box, just in case

Quote Originally Posted by greenner View Post
    This could be someones worse nightmare. I was discussing this with an LEO friend just after I left the SO. He told me straight out, if he were to encounter someone with a hand gun hand written on the back of the permit and that was the gun being carried. He would take the gun until he was able to verify with the county that issued the permit. There is no system in place for an LEO to check what guns you are permited to carry, unless it is 9-5 mon-fri.
    Could you pass on to your friend that in Albany we write it ourselves after we get the amendment? He didn't know before, so now he can be educated on the matter.
    Watering the Tree Of Liberty is not achieved by the killing of innocents, but by preserving the lives of those innocents with your own if necessary.

Sergeant

turned in my admendment paper work on 5/18, and got it in the mail today. 2 weeks to the day with a holiday in the middle. being that we do have to go through the process all all, I would say 2 weeks isn't all too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by greenner View Post
    turned in my admendment paper work on 5/18, and got it in the mail today. 2 weeks to the day with a holiday in the middle. being that we do have to go through the process all all, I would say 2 weeks isn't all too bad.
    Better than not being able to have one at all

Private

My wife and I just applied for co ownership of each others pistols, which took about two weeks as well and was approved. We were told as well to add each other's pistol information to the back of our permits using the "mailing label" method. This seems very generic as during our course the instructor told us we would recieve a label for the back of our plastic permit cards. The instructor showed us his card with these labels that he was sent. Now I do not recall if he was from saratoga county (doubtful) however that seems much more official than the latter.