Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GUNSICK1
  • 1 Post By Chicken Shoot

Thread: Daisy Legacy Model 2022 .22 cal bolt-action

Default Daisy Legacy Model 2022 .22 cal bolt-action

I probably shouldn't have gotten it, but I couldn't resist a gun for $25, even if it is mostly plastic. Anyway, I picked up a Daisy Legacy Model 2022 .22 cal bolt-action rifle, missing the magazine (which I believe is VERY difficult to find.) Daisy made this from 1989 thru 1992, and no longer makes parts for it.

The stock is a little loose, and I can't figure out how to get at a screw to tighten it up. It's supposed to have an adjustable butt (push a button on the side of the stock, and the butt is supposed to slide out a couple inches) but it doesn't budge. I found a manual online, which says the button can be unscrewed for disassembly, but to avoid it as parts get damaged in the process (I believe they mean the coin slot in the button, which is already getting boogered up from my initial attempts.)

When I got it I took it out back and put about 30 rounds through it (as a single shot - no mag.) It's missing the rear sight so I couldn't really test accuracy. If I can't find a rear sight for it, I'll put a cheap scope on there. I wonder if a rear sight from a Daisy pellet gun would fit?

Once I figure out how to tighten the stock, I'll be very satisfied with my $25 purchase. In a few years this will be great for my 3rd and 4th sons, who have shown interest in shooting, and have fired the BB gun several times (5 and 3 years old.)

Here's an auction of the same model gun:
    Daisy Model 2202 .22 22 Bolt rotary magazine : Bolt Action at GunBroker.com

Scott in Penfield
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

-Clint Smith

BANNED

You should buy a cheap mag for .22s at Dick's or something and see if you can shape it to fit.

Private

Default Please update if u were able to "re-tighten" the stock to receiver-HOW were you able

Quote Originally Posted by 80sDweeb View Post
    I probably shouldn't have gotten it, but I couldn't resist a gun for $25, even if it is mostly plastic. Anyway, I picked up a Daisy Legacy Model 2022 .22 cal bolt-action rifle, missing the magazine (which I believe is VERY difficult to find.) Daisy made this from 1989 thru 1992, and no longer makes parts for it.

The stock is a little loose, and I can't figure out how to get at a screw to tighten it up. It's supposed to have an adjustable butt (push a button on the side of the stock, and the butt is supposed to slide out a couple inches) but it doesn't budge. I found a manual online, which says the button can be unscrewed for disassembly, but to avoid it as parts get damaged in the process (I believe they mean the coin slot in the button, which is already getting boogered up from my initial attempts.)

When I got it I took it out back and put about 30 rounds through it (as a single shot - no mag.) It's missing the rear sight so I couldn't really test accuracy. If I can't find a rear sight for it, I'll put a cheap scope on there. I wonder if a rear sight from a Daisy pellet gun would fit?

Once I figure out how to tighten the stock, I'll be very satisfied with my $25 purchase. In a few years this will be great for my 3rd and 4th sons, who have shown interest in shooting, and have fired the BB gun several times (5 and 3 years old.)

Here's an auction of the same model gun:
    Daisy Model 2202 .22 22 Bolt rotary magazine : Bolt Action at GunBroker.com

Scott in Penfield
    Please post how you were able to finally remove the button adjustment and re-tighten the stock/receiver screw?

hexidismal likes this.

Nope, still sitting in the gun cabinet, still has a loose stock screw. When I do it I'll probably end up cutting the "butt pad" off with a hacksaw blade, then I'll be able to see into the stock and figure out what's wrong in there, and maybe get the adjuster working again, maybe not, but I'll tighten it and then JBWeld is my friend.

I still don't have a mag for it, but I did hear that Daisy still has some, and they're not very expensive. Don't know if that's so, but I'll try that too, maybe. If not, still a good single shot for the youngsters.

Scott in Penfield
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

-Clint Smith

Not so Super Moderator Chicken Shoot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sDweeb View Post
    Nope, still sitting in the gun cabinet, still has a loose stock screw. When I do it I'll probably end up cutting the "butt pad" off with a hacksaw blade, then I'll be able to see into the stock and figure out what's wrong in there, and maybe get the adjuster working again, maybe not, but I'll tighten it and then JBWeld is my friend.

I still don't have a mag for it, but I did hear that Daisy still has some, and they're not very expensive. Don't know if that's so, but I'll try that too, maybe. If not, still a good single shot for the youngsters.

Scott in Penfield
    4 years and you haven't touched it?? Just sell it to me. I'll take good care of it. It can even have company next to vintage Daisy BB/Pellet guns I have.
    GUNSICK1 likes this.
    RPD46

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Shoot View Post
    4 years and you haven't touched it?? Just sell it to me. I'll take good care of it. It can even have company next to vintage Daisy BB/Pellet guns I have.
    Or you could store your collection next to my 2202/2212 (have both plastic and wood furniture )
    "St Barbara of the Artillery Corp,
    Be at the bursting of the doors of doom,
    And in the dark deliver us,
    Amen."