New York Firearms Forum banner

yugo sks 922r compliant parts?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  vantrepes 
#1 ·
So I went to the range yesterday with my sks and it slam fired. I want to get the Murray firing pin so it doesnt happen again. Now if I change out the pin do I have to get 4 other parts that are usa made? if so which ones are the easiest and cheapest to replace?

#2 ·
I think 922r compliance only matters if you had a mag capacity over 10 or a pistol grip. You're keeping you SKS in its sporting configuration so I'm 99% sure you're safe with changing the firing pin.

#4 ·
Have you tried taking the bolt apart and cleaning it well? I took mine to the range this weekend and I was getting light primer strikes. I had to take the bolt apart cause the pin was stuck and there was still some cosmoline in there. I modded the stock pin with a file just to loosen it up a little and she works great now. Take your bolt apart and clean it good with brakekleen or some other solvent and try again.

#8 ·
The 922r rules apply to the minimum number of US parts required to make a weapon into a "Non-sporting" configuration. If you are keeping it's appearance stock (no folding stocks, pistol grips, detachable magazines, large cap magazines, etc) then you can replace all the internal parts you want with what ever internal parts you want, and still be legal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.