Close

Thread: Zastava AK

Major

Default Zastava AK

Has any one ever own or shot a Zastava PAP 7.62X39 / Brand , European American Armory single stack 10 rnd mag .how well are they made ? Zastava PAP 762X39.jpgZastava PAP.jpgThank's

They are nice guns, cheap, functional and I would pick it over a WASR. I had one, but traded it away as I went Norinco all the way. Still, a very affordable starter AK.

Private

I've heard and ready very good things about them. Built solid, always get pretty good reviews, and I even believe the barrel is chrome lined?

However, there are a few drawbacks from what I know.. The rail is on the dust cover, which makes it a little impractical for a scope to stay zero. The stock is irregular, so you can't just swap it out with any ak47 stock. All of this doesn't add up to too much, except the big one being: I've only ever read that it can only take 10rd magazines, and can not be worked on to fit a regular ak47 magazine. If someone is able to do that, I'd buy one today and get it fixed. But I've read it's almost impossible...

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I've only ever read that it can only take 10rd magazines, and can not be worked on to fit a regular ak47 magazine. If someone is able to do that, I'd buy one today and get it fixed. But I've read it's almost impossible...
    This is partly true, or at least so I think. I have no personal experience with this particular variant and can only go on what I've read. As I understand it, the reason converting it to a standard mag setup is more difficult than a WASR is because the bolt is irregular as well, and the face/feeding area is only wide enough for the single stack . Supposedly though, a standard Yugo akm bolt should work and will make a milled out magwell work with double stacks. Again though, this is all hearsay.

I held one the other day hand cycles the action and it was very smooth look forward to shooting one soon

I wonder if you could get that weirdo stock to work on a Saiga 12

Quote Originally Posted by RayKnobs View Post
    I wonder if you could get that weirdo stock to work on a Saiga 12
    You'd probably need to cut the corner section square, but it shouldn't be too difficult.

I like that things look but I lack the tools to get a double stack mag to fit on this thing sucks because my taxes are coming in and I have enough for an AK now, possibly 2 if I play my cards right
    Rifle Wants: CETME, AR15, SBR AK in 7.62, Daewoo DR200

Pistol wants: XDM, Used Beretta M9/92FS for carry, S&W 5904/5/6 variant, Browning High Power

Corporal

I had one and it was built like a tank! Stock was OK but not very comfortable for me. Functioned well with the low cap plastic magazines. Some have had good luck using WASR 10 single stack steel mags with a little work.

Quote Originally Posted by tokarz1 View Post
    Some have had good luck using WASR 10 single stack steel mags with a little work.

I've got lots of 5 and 10 rd. wasr single stack mags if anyone needs some.

Major

Ok cant make up my mind the Zastava seems good and the price is under $500 but i been looking at the Arsenal SGL21 Tatical that is $850 i dont mind paying more . any members have one ? it can use Ak mags and i can change furniture . Thanks
    Last edited by GOYABEAN; 02-07-2012 at 01:38 AM. Reason: spelling

Where was it that you were going to buy your Zastava PAP? I am currently looking to buy one.