Rossi circuit judge .410/other cal.
Close

Default Rossi circuit judge .410/other cal.

So what do you guys think of this gun? Anyone own this rifle? What cal, would you recommend with it? .410 and which .357 or .44(?)?

Looking at that or a level action as my next rifle till I move. Wanted a 700 but I think I want something in the strange area.

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

I think they're awesome (would love to get one). Are they still legal though?

I'd personally go with the .357.
    I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country

Deo et Patrić

Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

I seriously hope so, its a 6 shot cylinder rifle. We ban that, Jesus the next thing is straws and tissues.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFirearms.com
    Advertisements

I almost bought one but decided against it. I have a Marlin 1894 in .357. This has become my go to rifle letely, love the way it handles and the accuracy is fantastic. Something to know, pistol caliber rifles in .357 will increase the muzzle velocity making that caliber very similar to 30-30 in ballistic characteristics down range at 125-150 yards. Mine is a tack driver at those ranges.

You cant go wrong with either the .357 or .44 in that rifle or one of the levers. Excellent survival/hunting/SHTF weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Silverpathic View Post
    I seriously hope so, its a 6 shot cylinder rifle. We ban that, Jesus the next thing is straws and tissues.
    Some local places wouldn't sell them because they were "revolving cylinder shotguns" under the new law. That's why I was wondering.

Deo et Patrić

Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Bob11 View Post
    Some local places wouldn't sell them because they were "revolving cylinder shotguns" under the new law. That's why I was wondering.
    It is a revolving cylinder shotgun and is banned! Another unintended victim of the SAFEAct.

i swear i might just pee on the capital building

My friend owns one, I've shot it, cool little gun. For any kind of accuracy the single action trigger pull is best of course, the double action trigger pull seems to be miles long but then again I haven't messed with any revolvers before. Seems reliable and sturdy to me.
    Rifle Wants: CETME, SBR AK in 7.62, Daewoo DR200

Pistol wants: XDM, Used Beretta M9/92FS for carry, S&W 5904/5/6 variant, Browning High Power

No experience here, but if it were me, Id get the .357. I read on Rossi's website, that the .357 models also could shoot .38. so the fact that one gun could shoot 2 different calibers is a plus plus.Just my opinion though.

Private

The circuit judge has a rifled barrel. If you go to rossi's website it says that all circuit judges sold in America have rifled barrels and are considered a rifle by The ATF

Quote Originally Posted by loworange88 View Post
    No experience here, but if it were me, Id get the .357. I read on Rossi's website, that the .357 models also could shoot .38. so the fact that one gun could shoot 2 different calibers is a plus plus.Just my opinion though.
    The .45LC can also shoot .410 shotgun ammo. I'm pretty sure all of the judge series can shoot 2 kinds of ammo that was theme behind the judges.

Pistol wants: XDM, Used Beretta M9/92FS for carry, S&W 5904/5/6 variant, Browning High Power

Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by CJTimmy View Post
    The circuit judge has a rifled barrel. If you go to rossi's website it says that all circuit judges sold in America have rifled barrels and are considered a rifle by The ATF
    Unfortunately NYS does not care what or how the ATF classifies firearms, its all how they define them as far as state law goes.

Quote Originally Posted by tyranid View Post
    Unfortunately NYS does not care what or how the ATF classifies firearms, its all how they define them as far as state law goes.

They are legal either way, just saw 2 more in a gun shop yesterday and a friend of mine bought one just after this new ban.

Quote Originally Posted by DystruktoBoi1 View Post
    They are legal either way, just saw 2 more in a gun shop yesterday and a friend of mine bought one just after this new ban.
    That's good to hear because I'd like to pick one up.

Deo et Patrić

I have one. ? 45colt and.410. Fun, legal rifle. 5 shot, not 6.

Corporal

I had one in ss 45/410 got rid of it shortly after. I think that they are poorly made and over priced. I liked the design so I spent more than I thought it was worth and my gut feeling was right. The barrels are paper thin and would not group very well with the 45 lc. The cylinder spit gas and lead like most revolvers do so you better have on glasses when you shoot it. On the plus side it was fun to shoot the 410 shells. I think it would make a great home defense weapon with the right ammo. Very light weight and the wife could shoot it.

For home defence I think I'd go with the Judge or the Governor, I don't like long barrels in close proximity of the house.Plus the long barrel give the intruder something to grab. When it happens a split second will make the difference of life or death. A person can cover twenty-one feet in two seconds. So home/personal defense calls for split second decisions. If it ever comes down to it I hope you make the right choice.

Corporal

Most people can't hit the side of a barn with a hand gun and a 410 pistol is a handful especially for a small women like my wife. I have 20+ years of LE experience so I am well aware of the 21 ft rule. With this gun loaded with Winchester PDX home defense rounds it would be hard to miss anything you aimed at and the recoil is very manageable. Yes there is the issue of someone grabbing it, but that could happen with a handgun also.

Corporal

Cool guns, but not much beyond that. That said, I plan onbuying a 410/45 version in the not so near future (towards the end of the short list.) the single action trigger would be awesome for clays.

It has the coolness factor, and Home defense is a very viable option. A shorter rifle/handgun is not that much longer when in correct stance than a handgun, if not al title shorter depending on the user.

A Dark & Unsanitary Place, A.K.A. NY State

A good friend of mine has one and has trouble with light strikes on the .410 shells. The shotgun shell primers are deeper and don't seem to be reliable. He has lost several rabbits this season due to a click instead of a bang.
    Clinging to Guns, Religion and other Extremist Rights Guaranteed by the Constitution.

Circuit Judges are light and maneuvarable, quick to shoulder and aim. They fit me great, and I like the fiber optic sights, as well. I've never quite warmed up to their caliber offerings, but now I'm thinking of picking up one of their new 9-shot .22LR / .22 mag combos. Cheap fun for plinking and a little more, if needed. It's got a storage compartment in the stock for extra rounds, which is pretty cool. Also, an optic rail and forearm rail for a light/laser/grip. 9 shots in a 7 shot state is a nice feature.