Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Proposed Gun Range in Depew New York (Buffalo Area)

Default Proposed Gun Range in Depew New York (Buffalo Area)

Proposed Gun Range in Depew New York (Buffalo Area)

Public Hearing for License and Occupancy Permit

Depew Town Hall Feb 2nd at 7PM

Be There! Show support! Get Involved!

More details to follow, but this range could be open by June.
    BIG flash likes this.
    And I say to you forget the extremists. Itís simple; no one hunts with an assault rifle. No one needs ten bullets to kill a deer. Cuomo 2013 Never forget this SOB! BEWARE of Trolls! They could be UC on der Gouverneur's State Police Gun Squad.

I will try and make this!
    Firearms Training of Western New York
    http://www.ftwny.com
    info@ftwny.com

"Safety Doesn't Happen by Accident"

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Firea...9341927?ref=hl

This is the site for the new Shooting Range
    3052 walden ave - Google Maps

8 Rifle Lanes 8 Handgun lanes Archery 3D and Archery
    Retail Shop - Gun Smithing - Training Room -

This is long overdue.

The meeting is the Village of Depew Planning Board
    Municipal Building 85 Manitou St.
    Last edited by BerettaGuy; 01-16-2012 at 09:01 AM.
    And I say to you forget the extremists. Itís simple; no one hunts with an assault rifle. No one needs ten bullets to kill a deer. Cuomo 2013 Never forget this SOB! BEWARE of Trolls! They could be UC on der Gouverneur's State Police Gun Squad.

When and where. Can you post details of the meeting location?
    "Honor is due to those who went simply because they did."

RIT 2012

"If you survive that and continue, you will quickly experience rapid ventilation of your cranial vault with a 1-ounce slug." ~ Bob

Hell yea! Thats the old indoor go kart track! Thats two miles from dads house! Woot woot! I can go shooting when home now without having to go to the middle of no where!

Sorry for the double post!
    "Honor is due to those who went simply because they did."

RIT 2012

"If you survive that and continue, you will quickly experience rapid ventilation of your cranial vault with a 1-ounce slug." ~ Bob

awesome. hopefully i can make it to that meeting. Mods can we make this a sticky so possibly more people can see it?

Corporal

That would be a great addition to WNY.

I will post this on the blog tonight so more people see it. Hopefully people show up to support this.
    NYSRPA Member - SCOPE Member - NRA Life Member - NRA Range Safety Officer

Quote Originally Posted by sdb3023 View Post
    When and where. Can you post details of the meeting location?
    The Meeting is the Village of Depew Planning Board at 7pm on February 2nd.
    Municipal Building
    85 Manitou St

What bars are near by?

Corporal

It's about time. I would definitely go there vs driving 30+ minutes to Niagara.
    Dawgkilla likes this.

This is the one i made reference to a while ago but was asked not to say anything else about. Its supposed to be top notch.
    45 Kills your soul.

MOLON LABE!

posted on the front page of the site for you. Hope it gets some exposure from pro-gun people.
    NYSRPA Member - SCOPE Member - NRA Life Member - NRA Range Safety Officer

Problem is - it's right next to a residential neighborhood...

I hope the town approves though and this place proves to be a good neighbor.
    According to Fuhrer Cuomo, I am an "extreme fringe conservative". According to Bill Maher, I'm an "ammosexual". F' them. I'm just a regular guy who chooses to arm himself - a sheepdog amongst the sheep - because I never know when the wolf will appear.

Hopefully, this will be a go. I know this has been in the planning / dicsussion stages for at least a year.

This is great news to hear. I hope the village approves this.

Private

Quote Originally Posted by psethebest View Post
    This is great news to hear. I hope the village approves this.
    Tell four or five of your like minded friends. Come to the meeting and show support. (no yelling and screaming, politicians only understand two things, money and numbers)
    Then we can all go have some wings and beer at a near by gin mill.
    BIG flash likes this.

I will be there and will be bringing some friends too. This is about 800 yards from me. I know that folks in Depew village gov. are sick of driving out to the Alabama swamps to shoot.
    Any effort to rationalize the use of this revolver in a serious combative scenario is evidence of intellectual bankruptcy.
    -kmussack

This would be fantastic, and will outshine the Niagara gun range anyday. Come on baby, big money big money no whammie!

Quote Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
    This would be fantastic, and will outshine the Niagara gun range anyday. Come on baby, big money big money no whammie!
    Uhh? . Niagara gun range has an excellent indoor facility. 50 yard range, you can shoot rifles there. Hard to beat.
    Any effort to rationalize the use of this revolver in a serious combative scenario is evidence of intellectual bankruptcy.
    -kmussack

Sergeant

Petrov, gotta disagree with that. Niagara IMO is an accident waiting to happen. Can't pay me to go there. Hopefully this place is a go, is safe, and is reasonably priced. I have no where other than the swamps at the moment I'll go to shoot my AR. Depending on membership prices I'd consider even joining. 16 lanes..hopefully it wouldn't be over crowded. Its exciting..hopefully it goes thorugh.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyp View Post
    Petrov, gotta disagree with that. Niagara IMO is an accident waiting to happen. Can't pay me to go there. Hopefully this place is a go, is safe, and is reasonably priced. I have no where other than the swamps at the moment I'll go to shoot my AR. Depending on membership prices I'd consider even joining. 16 lanes..hopefully it wouldn't be over crowded. Its exciting..hopefully it goes thorugh.
    \

Well that depends, Niagra range is like that because it is public, lots of idiots show up. I shudder to think of all the idiots coming down from broadway and genesee streets from Buffalo area. Oh when was the last time you were at Niagara gun range? They have a full time guy now monitoring the range.
    -kmussack

From what I've been reading here, sounds like some private "conservation clubs" have members who cannot obey the rules and also have their share of problems with negligent discharges and the such. I've been to several public ranges and I never felt as though my life is in danger.
    According to Fuhrer Cuomo, I am an "extreme fringe conservative". According to Bill Maher, I'm an "ammosexual". F' them. I'm just a regular guy who chooses to arm himself - a sheepdog amongst the sheep - because I never know when the wolf will appear.

This new range will have cutting edge Bullet Backstops. Yes you can shoot rifle. State of the art ventilation (probably the most dangerous thing at a range is lead dust.) Range Shutdown system so if someone steps in front of the line during the Unsafe Range period, the range will shut down.
    Noise should not be an issue because it is indoors.
    The parking lot looks plenty large enough.
    Traffic shouldn't be an issue because the coming and going won't really be concentrated. (it would be spread out over the day)
    The only real opposition will come from the anti gun crowd based on ignorance and phobia or the people that will play the race card.
    I my self don't live in Depew, but I will be spending my money there if this goes through. I would be using near by gas stations, coffee shops, and restaurants in the area as and could be persuaded to use a gin mill or two if push came to shove.

Quote Originally Posted by BerettaGuy View Post
    This new range will have cutting edge Bullet Backstops. Yes you can shoot rifle. State of the art ventilation (probably the most dangerous thing at a range is lead dust.) Range Shutdown system so if someone steps in front of the line during the Unsafe Range period, the range will shut down.
    Noise should not be an issue because it is indoors.
    The parking lot looks plenty large enough.
    Traffic shouldn't be an issue because the coming and going won't really be concentrated. (it would be spread out over the day)
    The only real opposition will come from the anti gun crowd based on ignorance and phobia or the people that will play the race card.
    I my self don't live in Depew, but I will be spending my money there if this goes through. I would be using near by gas stations, coffee shops, and restaurants in the area as and could be persuaded to use a gin mill or two if push came to shove.
    This is Depew, there will be a riot at the town hall and a lynching is some one goes on an anti-gun spiel.
    -kmussack

Well you seem to know the lay of the land. What do you think the chances are of this passing the town board?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast