Close

Default Remington 870 Tactical

Anyone have or fired one of these before? I would really like to get one but I would like to hear opinions from others first.

BANNED

Default Re: Remington 870 Tactical

I have a Remington 870 Express Magnum w/ an 18" barrel, six shot side saddle, and in the near future ghost ring sights. I love it! I also have a Mossberg 500A and hate it.

I love my mossberg 500 tactical. I'd like to get an autoloader eventually

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

CoFounder of NYFirearms | Combat Focus Shooting Instructor | ADSI Member | NRA Instructor & Life Member | PDN Contributor

InkedUpGunFighter.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikecentola
    I love my mossberg 500 tactical. I'd like to get an autoloader eventually

Is it a 590? I found my 500 to be just too difficult to field strip. I live how the 870 can be taken apart with no tools.

Quote Originally Posted by ARK

Is it a 590? I found my 500 to be just too difficult to field strip. I live how the 870 can be taken apart with no tools.
    No, I think its a regular 500 tactical. I haven't tried to field strip it yet. Actually I haven't tried to clean it at all yet lol

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

CoFounder of NYFirearms | Combat Focus Shooting Instructor | ADSI Member | NRA Instructor & Life Member | PDN Contributor

InkedUpGunFighter.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikecentola
    No, I think its a regular 500 tactical. I haven't tried to field strip it yet. Actually I haven't tried to clean it at all yet lol
    That was my problem. I bought it used the the guy online told me it was in excellent question. I got it and it needed 2-3 hrs of cleaning. I don't think it was ever cleaned. I need a new safety for it then I'm going to go test shoot it.

bkt
    Private

Here's my Remington 870 tactical. OK, it was a "roll-your-own" effort, not a factory job. But it works well.
    Liberty and freedom are not gifts of the state, and their defense cannot be outsourced to the government.

yea I think that will definitely be my next purchase, I've seen a few around.

word. shotguns are fun

InkedUpGunFighter.com

Corporal

I Have a Wilsons Scattergun 870, heavy duty, side saddle and about 20,000 rounds through it and simply love it, it is my baby (along with my Wilsons CQB)

Be Safe

Ron
    www.LMIInc.com
    Specializing in Close Quarter Combatives<br />www.LMIInc.com<br /><br />Train Hard, Be Safe<br /><br />Ron Lauinger

20k rounds through a shotgun? That's some abuse. Great to hear it's still going strong. My shoulder would be raw meat
    NYSRPA Member - SCOPE Member - NRA Life Member - NRA Range Safety Officer

Private

FANTASTIC FIREARM.

I take mine trap shooting quite often, it's a hoot.

Mine says 'Tactical Magnum' on it, and I've gussied it up just a li'l bit ;D

I got rid of the (WAY too long) speedfeed PG stock and the (VERY nice) speedfeed foreend.

Present config:
    Cavarms SST870 stock adaptor,
    Ergo grip (tethered battery cap will not stay tight- be warned!)
    M4 stock with SOG buttpad
    (tried a CTR- but the buttpad on the M4 stock is more comfy.)
    Surefire railed forend
    Magpul rail covers
    Tango Down stubby VFG
    Surefire G3 in a larue offset mount
    Trijicon Reflex II with 12moa triangle on flat top mount.
    Undecided on sling yet
    Still need a jumbo safety,
    that's the only mod I would feel the need to HAVE TO do on a stock gun after furniture replacement.
    don't liek any of the stock options out of the factory.

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by darkvibe
    20k rounds through a shotgun? That's some abuse. Great to hear it's still going strong. My shoulder would be raw meat
    Not at all. Alot of guys misunderstand the shotgun and recoil, and they fight that recoil, by standing still, trying to get the 'perfect' stance, or getting it in the 'pocket' of your shoulder perfect, ect................................ Sorry, but in the real world, your shotgun is out because someone is trying to kill you,, AD is running radically through your body,,, I teach the
    students how to use that AD dump and the mechanics of the body and what it does under stress. Just over a month ago I held
    a Shotgun 1 and Shotgun 2 course back to back,, two students, each student shot 400 slug and about 450 buck during those two days, for a total of 1700 rounds. Neither one had any discomfort in their shoulders,, but their thighs and legs hurt instead because they were not use to moving on the range. At LMI you never stand still and shoot. You are moving off the X, moving to cover, moving towards the BG's (bad guys), etc,,,

We should hook up some time,,,

Train hard, be safe

Ron
    www.LMIInc.com
    Specializing in Close Quarter Combatives<br />www.LMIInc.com<br /><br />Train Hard, Be Safe<br /><br />Ron Lauinger

BANNED

I can vouch for Ron in regards to being able to control recoil. Before I started shooting with him after just 50 rounds of recoil I could feel it in my should and it showed with a red mark/welt on my shoulder. I think I could probably shoot buckshot and/or slugs off all day now and feel very little to nothing from it.

WOW i like those shotguns. thinking i should do that to one of mine 870s. wish i could do that to my saiga 20
    S.A.F.E ACT

S.tealing A.rms F.rom E.veryone. A.ndrew C.uomo's T.reachery