Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Mossberg Pump Sale at Dicks $179.99

  1. #1
    Major
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    1,009

    Default Mossberg Pump Sale at Dicks $179.99

    I noticed dicks has the mossberg model 88 Maverick on sale this week for $179.99 . Why would someone not buy this and buy a $10 pistol grip for it, instead of spending $329.99 on the 500 JIC?

    Also if your like me, you stockpile coupons and I have reward coupons to make this $159.99
    Hal likes this.

  2. #2
    Captain kflo01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Town Of Newburgh, NY
    Age
    40
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Which Dicks is this at? I am on the web site says its 219.99.
    I was planning on buying the Stevens 320 from Buds this thursday and even with paying for my FFL transfer comes out to be about 40.00 cheaper than getting it from Dicks.
    I am not sure how much the Maverick is going for on Bud's but I like the Stevens 320 much better.
    NYS Unrestricted | PA LTCF | FL CWFL | NRA Member
    Reading, Doing And Learning

  3. #3
    Colonel Dieter122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Saratoga County
    Posts
    4,551

    Default

    Darn good price on a really decent shotgun

  4. #4
    Major
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    dutchess county
    Age
    68
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kflo01 View Post
    Which Dicks is this at? I am on the web site says its 219.99.
    I was planning on buying the Stevens 320 from Buds this thursday and even with paying for my FFL transfer comes out to be about 40.00 cheaper than getting it from Dicks.
    I am not sure how much the Maverick is going for on Bud's but I like the Stevens 320 much better.
    Yeah I also like the 320....have 2 for home defense. For the value, you can't beat it. BTW I also have the 870 and 500, but like the 320.

  5. #5
    Captain
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ulster county NY
    Posts
    779

    Default

    tman ~~dont be cheap buy the damn zombie chainsaw shotgun so i can play with it!!
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
    George Washington
    All firearms transactions to be processed through FFL Charles B. Freer Firearms (845)674-1979

  6. #6
    Major
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kflo01 View Post
    Which Dicks is this at? I am on the web site says its 219.99.
    I was planning on buying the Stevens 320 from Buds this thursday and even with paying for my FFL transfer comes out to be about 40.00 cheaper than getting it from Dicks.
    I am not sure how much the Maverick is going for on Bud's but I like the Stevens 320 much better.
    got this in the flier, id say every store. are accessories readily available for the Stevens? I'm not sure thats why I'm sticking with the Mossberg stuff
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #7
    Captain kflo01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Town Of Newburgh, NY
    Age
    40
    Posts
    680

    Default

    I just called Davis in Sloatsberg they usualyl have decent prices there) but many their out of touch on the savage 320. I called to see if they had one in stock. They did the model with ghost ring sights. They want 299.99 for it. WOW. its 190.00 on buds and even 199.99 in walmart.
    Walmart fishkill will have them back in stock in 1 to 2 weeks tops (I called yesterday). Man 299.99. Guess I will be ordering from buds tomorrow morning.
    NYS Unrestricted | PA LTCF | FL CWFL | NRA Member
    Reading, Doing And Learning

  8. #8
    Captain kflo01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Town Of Newburgh, NY
    Age
    40
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Just called the Dicks in PK and they have 3 in stock for 179.99 + tax. If I buy from there I get it now OR do I get the Savage 320 from Bud's for 190.00 + 30.00 FFL Transfer fee and get it in a week or 2.

    I def like the looks of the Savage or the Mav. There was a great write up on the Savage also in American Rilfeman by David Spaudling. But I also read good things about the 88. I am leaning towad the 320 since I have wanted it for months now. Thoughts?
    NYS Unrestricted | PA LTCF | FL CWFL | NRA Member
    Reading, Doing And Learning

  9. #9
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southern Dutchess County
    Posts
    106

    Default

    what are you going to use it for? get the mav for an HD for that price it'll not hit the wallet hard at all

  10. #10
    Sergeant stearn786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cazenovia
    Posts
    280

    Default

    I love my Maverick 88. Brother has a Mossberg 500, and I really don't see much difference. I actually prefer the safety being on the trigger guard instead of the receiver anyway. If I still needed a shotgun I'd buy the 88 again in a heartbeat, especially for that price. I don't know too much about the Stevens though, I haven't handled one.
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars. ~Unknown

  11. #11
    General DystruktoBoi1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fayetteville NC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,545

    Default

    Hey guys, not to rain on this parade here but don't leave out your local gunshops! Call and ask if they can order one from their dealers for you, might be 20 or 30 bucks more but do you really want gander and dicks to be the only places left to buy guns from?

    A Dicks just opened up near me and while I might go there for some small things, I'm going to try my best not to buy firearms from there (I saw a Mossberg 930SPX there, 50 bucks cheaper then from my LGS, but I love my LGS and I do not want them to go out of business!)

    Just a suggestion.
    Canis~Major likes this.
    Rifle Wants: CETME, AR15, SBR AK in 7.62, Daewoo DR200

    Pistol wants: XDM, Used Beretta M9/92FS for carry, S&W 5904/5/6 variant, Browning High Power





  12. #12
    Sergeant CnRnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    City of the Hills
    Posts
    256

    Default

    I just picked one up.

  13. #13
    Captain
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ulster county NY
    Posts
    779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DystruktoBoi1 View Post
    Hey guys, not to rain on this parade here but don't leave out your local gunshops! Call and ask if they can order one from their dealers for you, might be 20 or 30 bucks more but do you really want gander and dicks to be the only places left to buy guns from?

    A Dicks just opened up near me and while I might go there for some small things, I'm going to try my best not to buy firearms from there (I saw a Mossberg 930SPX there, 50 bucks cheaper then from my LGS, but I love my LGS and I do not want them to go out of business!)

    Just a suggestion.
    Well said~ i try and stay away from Dicks and Gander~ Id rather pay a few bucks more and not be left standing at the counter waiting like an idiot!
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
    George Washington
    All firearms transactions to be processed through FFL Charles B. Freer Firearms (845)674-1979

  14. #14
    General Darthgamer138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    14,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DystruktoBoi1 View Post
    Hey guys, not to rain on this parade here but don't leave out your local gunshops! Call and ask if they can order one from their dealers for you, might be 20 or 30 bucks more but do you really want gander and dicks to be the only places left to buy guns from?

    A Dicks just opened up near me and while I might go there for some small things, I'm going to try my best not to buy firearms from there (I saw a Mossberg 930SPX there, 50 bucks cheaper then from my LGS, but I love my LGS and I do not want them to go out of business!)

    Just a suggestion.
    For a few bucks sure. $50 and I'd shop at Dicks in a heartbeat. Thats a few hundred rounds of birdshot or a good amount of buckshot/slugs.
    ​Proud NRA LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

    ​SEI Advanced Open Water Diver. Dives- ​56. Any Dive Buddies out there? :-)


  15. #15
    Captain
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dutchess
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kflo01 View Post
    Which Dicks is this at? I am on the web site says its 219.99.
    I was planning on buying the Stevens 320 from Buds this thursday and even with paying for my FFL transfer comes out to be about 40.00 cheaper than getting it from Dicks.
    I am not sure how much the Maverick is going for on Bud's but I like the Stevens 320 much better.
    Not to bash you but the Stevens 320 is a piece of ****! I would take the Mavrick 88 over it anyday!

  16. #16
    Captain
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dutchess
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stearn786 View Post
    I love my Maverick 88. Brother has a Mossberg 500, and I really don't see much difference. I actually prefer the safety being on the trigger guard instead of the receiver anyway. If I still needed a shotgun I'd buy the 88 again in a heartbeat, especially for that price. I don't know too much about the Stevens though, I haven't handled one.
    88 has safety on trigger guard not receiver. and 88 has no metal tubing inside the fore end.

  17. #17
    Captain
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dutchess
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DystruktoBoi1 View Post
    Hey guys, not to rain on this parade here but don't leave out your local gunshops! Call and ask if they can order one from their dealers for you, might be 20 or 30 bucks more but do you really want gander and dicks to be the only places left to buy guns from?

    A Dicks just opened up near me and while I might go there for some small things, I'm going to try my best not to buy firearms from there (I saw a Mossberg 930SPX there, 50 bucks cheaper then from my LGS, but I love my LGS and I do not want them to go out of business!)

    Just a suggestion.
    All the local gun shops around me are employeed with unintelligent arrogant *******s! Not to mention they take advantage of people by hiking up their prices because of the election and gun scares. Until i find a competent gun shop i will spend all my money at Dicks, which happens to be where i work.
    timboy likes this.

  18. #18
    General DystruktoBoi1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fayetteville NC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyDifalco View Post
    88 has safety on trigger guard not receiver. and 88 has no metal tubing inside the fore end.
    not sure what model 88 you have, but that is wrong on both counts, safety is just like the 500 and the tube has a metal follower, I own one.
    Rifle Wants: CETME, AR15, SBR AK in 7.62, Daewoo DR200

    Pistol wants: XDM, Used Beretta M9/92FS for carry, S&W 5904/5/6 variant, Browning High Power





  19. #19
    General DystruktoBoi1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fayetteville NC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyDifalco View Post
    All the local gun shops around me are employeed with unintelligent arrogant *******s! Not to mention they take advantage of people by hiking up their prices because of the election and gun scares. Until i find a competent gun shop i will spend all my money at Dicks, which happens to be where i work.
    My local gunshop is very good (the one I use) there are 3 others that sound like they have the same problems yours does, they are all also closer to me, but saving gas isn't worth the hassle.
    Rifle Wants: CETME, AR15, SBR AK in 7.62, Daewoo DR200

    Pistol wants: XDM, Used Beretta M9/92FS for carry, S&W 5904/5/6 variant, Browning High Power





  20. #20
    Captain
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dutchess
    Posts
    571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DystruktoBoi1 View Post
    not sure what model 88 you have, but that is wrong on both counts, safety is just like the 500 and the tube has a metal follower, I own one.
    The mavrick 88. I play with it everyday at work. It has the safety on the trigger guard and their is no metal tube inside the foreend

  21. #21
    Major Loren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Auburn NY
    Posts
    1,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthgamer138 View Post
    For a few bucks sure. $50 and I'd shop at Dicks in a heartbeat. Thats a few hundred rounds of birdshot or a good amount of buckshot/slugs.

    That's kind of my thoughts, $20 or less and yeah I can see it. $50 falls into the compete or go out of business territory.

  22. #22
    General DystruktoBoi1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fayetteville NC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    That's kind of my thoughts, $20 or less and yeah I can see it. $50 falls into the compete or go out of business territory.
    That's like asking a mom and pop store to compete with Walmart or take a hike, attitudes like this about local businesses leads to the big companies taking over, of course they can get them for cheaper they probably buy Mossbergs by the thousands and distribute them to their locations on company trucks, if you hate Dicks policies or Walmarts retarded "pistol permit required to buy 9mm" rules then don't buy to save money, buy on the principal of keeping the stores who cater to you in business, build a relationship with a LGS and you start getting deals, fees waived and maybe small free gunsmithing favors, you can't do that at Dicks or Wally.
    Rifle Wants: CETME, AR15, SBR AK in 7.62, Daewoo DR200

    Pistol wants: XDM, Used Beretta M9/92FS for carry, S&W 5904/5/6 variant, Browning High Power





  23. #23
    General DystruktoBoi1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fayetteville NC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyDifalco View Post
    The mavrick 88. I play with it everyday at work. It has the safety on the trigger guard and their is no metal tube inside the foreend

    Can you post pictures of it? I've heard there are older and very different models of Mavrick 88s but I have never seen them, mines only from the 1980s so its new-ish and a direct model 500 copy.

    Here is my Mav. 88:

    http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/fir...d-shotgun.html
    Rifle Wants: CETME, AR15, SBR AK in 7.62, Daewoo DR200

    Pistol wants: XDM, Used Beretta M9/92FS for carry, S&W 5904/5/6 variant, Browning High Power





  24. #24
    General Darthgamer138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    14,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DystruktoBoi1 View Post
    That's like asking a mom and pop store to compete with Walmart or take a hike, attitudes like this about local businesses leads to the big companies taking over, of course they can get them for cheaper they probably buy Mossbergs by the thousands and distribute them to their locations on company trucks, if you hate Dicks policies or Walmarts retarded "pistol permit required to buy 9mm" rules then don't buy to save money, buy on the principal of keeping the stores who cater to you in business, build a relationship with a LGS and you start getting deals, fees waived and maybe small free gunsmithing favors, you can't do that at Dicks or Wally.
    Principal goes so far. Even evil Wal*Mart. I still buy 9mm there despite hating them. Why?

    Wal*Mart 9mm/50bx = $9.99 + tax.

    LGS= $14.99 + tax + 20 miles of gas both ways. That almost 100% more!

    You talk about having to deal with them when the LGSs go out of business, but not only do I not see that happening as I have to buy the $1000s worth of guns somewhere, but I'd rather not simply be unable shoot NOW (as opposed to in the future when the LGSs "go out of business") because I have to pay 100% more per box of 9mm. That's 1 caliber. I shoot 6! :O
    ​Proud NRA LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

    ​SEI Advanced Open Water Diver. Dives- ​56. Any Dive Buddies out there? :-)


  25. #25
    General Evild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Newyorkistan
    Posts
    6,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DystruktoBoi1 View Post
    Can you post pictures of it? I've heard there are older and very different models of Mavrick 88s but I have never seen them, mines only from the 1980s so its new-ish and a direct model 500 copy.

    Here is my Mav. 88:

    http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/fir...d-shotgun.html
    does yours have single or double slide bars? Can't tell by the pics. I shot one yesterday that was bought at Dicks wenesday, pretty nice gun, I got to take a newb to the range, and got to do a little teaching. Was a great day
    45 Kills your soul.

    MOLON LABE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Troy AR on sale for $999.99 at Dicks
    By cooden in forum The AR-15
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-23-2012, 02:14 PM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-22-2012, 09:34 PM
  3. Dicks has a .223 rem. Sale
    By bigstang in forum Ammunition and Reloading
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-15-2011, 09:10 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •