Tom King, president of the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association, was nominated for reelection to the NRA board of directors. He is an experienced lobbyist and has done a lot for firearm owners in New York State. See his website here.
Below is a list of Tom’s accomplishments taken from an email I received.
- Current NRA Board Member
- Re-nominated by the NRA Nominating Committee
- President of the NYS Rifle & Pistol Association
- Currently serving on four NRA Committees
- NRA Benefactor Member and Whittington Center Pathfinder
- Successfully lobbied for legislation allowing 14 – 21 year olds to compete and train with handguns
- Challenged Senator Schumer exposing his stealth campaign to portray himself as a “Friend of the 2nd Amendment”.
- Planned NYS largest pro gun rally of 2,000+ gun owners who heard Wayne LaPierre call Albany “the belly of the beast”
- Organized and coordinated a NYS grassroots email alert system
- Fought and won the battle against Gov. George Pataki thereby reinstating the shooting sports in the Empire State Games
- Served as Vice President and General Manager of a multi-billion dollar company
- Served as President & CEO of a multi-million dollar company
- A life long big game hunter, reloader and competitive shooter participating in archery, black powder and rifle hunts through out the Northeast, Rockies and the Northern Plains as well as hunting waterfowl and upland game.