Important NYFirearms Announcement! - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Important NYFirearms Announcement!

The artist formerly known as jhm8071 NirvanaFan's Avatar
    Popped a smoke bomb and peaced out of here

Quote Originally Posted by RayKnobs View Post
    I just a email this week from the Vertical Scope legal department that said Snowmobile World had been hacked and all of my personal data had been exposed.
    Your account and 45 million others.
    "The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution." - Thomas Jefferson

Postmaster General Darthgamer138's Avatar

So that Nigerian prince isn't really going to send me his inheritance?

I'll write a STRONGLY worded letter asking for my cash back!
    Proud NRA ​LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

​SEI Divemaster Apprentice/Nitrox Diver. Dives- ​I57. Proud Atheist.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthgamer138 View Post
    So that Nigerian prince isn't really going to send me his inheritance?

I'll write a STRONGLY worded letter asking for my cash back!
    I'll be your nigerian prince
    http://mikecentola.com/assets/img/fo...ke-nyf-sig.jpg

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

CoFounder of NYFirearms | Firearms Instructor | NRA Instructor & Life Member | PDN Contributor

InkedUpGunFighter.com IG: @mikecentola

RPD 46

4. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

This is an amusing thread. Y'all didn't really think that a firearms community would welcome the corporatization of their favored interwebs hangout did you? Ah well, c'est la vie.
    corporate-states-of-america-flag.jpg
    Last edited by podmonkey; 08-19-2016 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYFadmin View Post
    Did you not have this stuff before?
    -Philip
    Nope, just a black speedo, NYF marked, it's my uniform.. I was asked not to go to the library for the free internet anymore.
    Safety first, never last
    Have a future, not a past.

Quote Originally Posted by Twogunwilly View Post
    Nope, just a black speedo, NYF marked, it's my uniform.. I was asked not to go to the library for the free internet anymore.
    Same for me..except Starbucks.
    One and done I always say. I said it once.

Quote Originally Posted by goperfect View Post
    I am curious, now that the site is under new ownership, are the previously banned members going to be welcomed back? Will their bans be lifted?
    Oh man, I worked hard on that list, but, the hunting has been a little slow lately, I think I only bagged 1 this week .
    Safety first, never last
    Have a future, not a past.

Quote Originally Posted by Twogunwilly View Post
    Pics or ban.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

CoFounder of NYFirearms | Firearms Instructor | NRA Instructor & Life Member | PDN Contributor

RPD 46

LMS

Philip;

Are there any changes planned with respect to the marketplace?

LMS

Quote Originally Posted by LMS View Post
    Philip;

LMS
    Like the trader rating getting fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by GUNSICK1 View Post
    Already discussed this with Mike. He has his theories on why its broken. I have been collecting info on it from post reports and will be working with our operations team to get it fixed as soon as possible.
    -Philip

Uberbi.. nah, I can't do it. swilliamsny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GUNSICK1 View Post
    At least you have some ratings. Some, lol. Mine are still only from some Star Wars models I bought from Ranger two Christmases ago. Finally made a couple firearms-related transactions, only to have the feedback break.

Philip;

LMS
    Other than fixing iTrader, do you have any other suggestions?

RPD 46

Quote Originally Posted by goperfect View Post
    I am curious, now that the site is under new ownership, are the previously banned members going to be welcomed back? Will their bans be lifted?
    Careful what you wish for, remember Guano is on that list.....

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenCub View Post
    Careful what you wish for, remember Guano is on that list.....
    He's too busy campaigning for Hitlery.

LMS

Quote Originally Posted by mikeCentola View Post
    Not looking for enhancements, just want to make sure being able to legally buy and sell firearms by posting and answering posts on NYF is not going to go away.

Colonel

Philip,

Did you and Terrance really marry the queef sisters?
    That's all folks

Not looking for enhancements, just want to make sure being able to legally buy and sell firearms by posting and answering posts on NYF is not going to go away.
    No plans to make it go away. It's always been a big part of the site, and as long as we can stay within the laws, we're good.

RPD 46

Major

Can we have nudity? Please Please Oh pretty please!!!
    [COLOR=#ffffff][FONT=Georgia]This site is owned by Vertical Scope which is Antigun. Google it for yourself. Join us at ***************.com"[/FONT][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by mikeCentola View Post
    Restore full access to all the members that have been restricted from some areas of the site. Those with perma-bans like Juano_NY and Shootsmuch and Courier, sayonara boys. But we've lost members like Thughes and meketrefe that contributed a TON to the firearm side of discussions (that's what we're about here, right?), but were restricted because they may have gotten a little salty on the political side of the board (not for nothing, but this is the new normal in NY if you're a gun owner). You're either on the site, or you're off the site.
    All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope....

~Winston Churchill~

HEX

Quote Originally Posted by dwa12479 View Post
    Restore full access to all the members that have been restricted from some areas of the site. Those with perma-bans like Juano_NY and Shootsmuch and Courier, sayonara boys. But we've lost members like Thughes and meketrefe that contributed a TON to the firearm side of discussions (that's what we're about here, right?), but were restricted because they may have gotten a little salty on the political side of the board (not for nothing, but this is the new normal in NY if you're a gun owner). You're either on the site, or you're off the site.
    It appears to already have been done. Things like this though, where specific usernames are used, always get to me for a few different reasons (by this I mean any discussion of bans or restrictions or whatever). For one, people might be assuming a great deal without really knowing much. Different issues with different users are all unique. Even more importantly, issues between a user and the staff are private with that user. Of course on the users end they can go around saying whatever they want and wherever they want, and it doesn't need to be true (and really never is, at least not the whole story) because they have the assurance we're not going to go countering their story with the truth because it's no one else's business.

Anyway, as far the restrictions thing went, I see your point in regard to, "You're either on the site, or you're off the site." , but the whole purpose of the thing was not to lose members like you're talking about while at the same time making the rules not be applied differently based on a user's popularity. A lot of people got and appreciated that idea, most I'd say , but a few very vocal people didn't. It would seem the experiment has ended now though so it makes no difference one way or the other.
    Last edited by HEX; 08-19-2016 at 08:58 PM.

Private

Wow..... You guys should have looked around before selling out - Longislandfirearms was recently bought up by VS - and the site is dying. most of us jumped ship.

I've only posted here a couple times, but check in and read..... I hope this site doesn't go stagnant like LIF has.

Quote Originally Posted by HEX View Post
    It appears to already have been done. Things like this though, where specific usernames are used, always get to me for a few different reasons (by this I mean any discussion of bans or restrictions or whatever). For one, people might be assuming a great deal without really knowing much. Different issues with different users are all unique. Even more importantly, issues between a user and the staff are private with that user. Of course on the users end they can go around saying whatever they want and wherever they want, and it doesn't need to be true (and really never is, at least not the whole story) because they have the assurance we're not going to go countering their story with the truth because it's no one else's business.

Anyway, as far the restrictions thing went, I see your point in regard to, "You're either on the site, or you're off the site." , but the whole purpose of the thing was not to lose members like you're talking about while at the same time making the rules not be applied differently based on a user's popularity. A lot of people got and appreciated that idea, most I'd say , but a few very vocal people didn't. It would seem the experiment has ended now though so it makes no difference one way or the other.
    Thanks for the quick reply HEX.

The two usernames I mentioned in my post I have spent plenty of time with in person outside this board, so I've heard their side of the story. There actually were others that I intended to mention (but didn't and won't, even though I'd like to see them back... and at least one of them has posted in this thread), but I don't have first hand knowledge of why they were restricted. Glad to hear that the experiment is ended, I'll let Mek and Thughes know, hopefully they will return to being contributing members.

The three I mentioned with perma-bans were obvious trolls, and deserved to be off the site. Good riddance.
    All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope....

~Winston Churchill~

The artist formerly known as jhm8071 NirvanaFan's Avatar
    Popped a smoke bomb and peaced out of here

Quote Originally Posted by Parashooter View Post
    Wow..... You guys should have looked around before selling out - Longislandfirearms was recently bought up by VS - and the site is dying. most of us jumped ship.

I've only posted here a couple times, but check in and read..... I hope this site doesn't go stagnant like LIF has.
    I just wanted to comment on this quick. Be aware that the mods and Hex weren't involved with this. To my knowledge, we're all going to stay on as staff and continue what we've been doing. We weren't involved in what happened behind closed doors, and I found out via this thread just like other members. I'm not going to pass judgment yet and I hope this change is nothing but good things for the sight. It looks like they're looking to get some things fixed that weren't, and that's a good thing.
    "The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution." - Thomas Jefferson

Postmaster General Darthgamer138's Avatar

I thought I was the big loser that spent all of the time on the Internet!

I don't even know VS!
    Proud NRA ​LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

​SEI Divemaster Apprentice/Nitrox Diver. Dives- ​I57. Proud Atheist.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast