Saratoga Appleseed April 16-17 2016
Close

Private

Default Saratoga Appleseed April 16-17 2016

Flyer for Saratoga Appleseed April 16-17 2016
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

There are 13 remaining spots on the line as of this morning 3/21/2016! We shoot from under cover on a cement slab! Photos from 2 years ago!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now 10 openings! 2/3 full.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

spectators welcome?
    Oathkeeper--NRA--GOA
    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, so my children may have peace. --Thomas Paine.

Real time ammo stock and pricing @ gunbot

Why just watch when you can join in? MP

6 tickets remaining!!

Captain

How did this go? I strongly considered this but didn't have enough time before hand to prepare my stuff. I don't have a sling on my 10/22 Takedown and the sights on my regular 10/22 are messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
    How did this go? I strongly considered this but didn't have enough time before hand to prepare my stuff. I don't have a sling on my 10/22 Takedown and the sights on my regular 10/22 are messed up.
    Went off without a hitch!! Sara Spa was one of the first Clubs (if not the first) to host a Appleseed shoot in NY, back in 08/09? We have two a year one in April near the anniversary date of Lexington and Concord and then in Sept. near the anniversary dates of the Battles of Saratoga!

This past weekend the weather was just perfect for a shoot ( we shoot from under cover if the weather is poor) There were 15 to 18 shooters on the line with 9 to 11 instructors between the 2 days. So the instructor/student ratio was very good!

There was a new forum member from here that drove up from Long Island and another gentleman who brought his 20 year old son for his birthday from the Buffalo area, His two older boys couldn't make it so I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the fall!

As for your 10/22's you can get slings from the Appleseed site! And the factory sites are not the best Tech sites work really good ( I would say get the rail mounted rear site, comes off easy if you want to put a scope on) if you want to shoot open sites, scope are also allowed.You will also need a mat of some kind and at least 4 10rd magazines, soft Knee and Elbow pads are a good idea too.

Watch the Appleseed site as a shoot may post that is closer to you and sooner, Not that Sara Spa would not welcome you !!

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by nortatoga View Post
    Went off without a hitch!! Sara Spa was one of the first Clubs (if not the first) to host a Appleseed shoot in NY, back in 08/09? We have two a year one in April near the anniversary date of Lexington and Concord and then in Sept. near the anniversary dates of the Battles of Saratoga!

This past weekend the weather was just perfect for a shoot ( we shoot from under cover if the weather is poor) There were 15 to 18 shooters on the line with 9 to 11 instructors between the 2 days. So the instructor/student ratio was very good!

There was a new forum member from here that drove up from Long Island and another gentleman who brought his 20 year old son for his birthday from the Buffalo area, His two older boys couldn't make it so I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the fall!

As for your 10/22's you can get slings from the Appleseed site! And the factory sites are not the best Tech sites work really good ( I would say get the rail mounted rear site, comes off easy if you want to put a scope on) if you want to shoot open sites, scope are also allowed.You will also need a mat of some kind and at least 4 10rd magazines, soft Knee and Elbow pads are a good idea too.

Watch the Appleseed site as a shoot may post that is closer to you and sooner, Not that Sara Spa would not welcome you !!
    I shot an Appleseed a couple of years ago in New Bremen I think? I installed my TechSights poorly and haven't had the time to adjust. Also my 10/22 Takedown doesn't have sling mounts... One of these days I'll figure out something and go again. Definitely want my Riflemen badge!