Appleseed at Sara Spa!
Close

Default Appleseed at Sara Spa!

I just signed-up to work the shoot on April 26/27 2014, (as IIT) The line should fill-up fast the Saratoga shoot is always full! This is something I really enjoy Volunteering my time for helping new and maybe not so new shooters!! And the History of the battles of Lexington and Concord April 19 1775 you didn't learn this much in school!!
    Last edited by nortatoga; 02-15-2014 at 10:01 AM.

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    General

Quote Originally Posted by nortatoga View Post
    I just signed-up to work the shoot on April 26/27 2014, (as IIT) The line should fill-up fast the Saratoga shoot is always full! This is something I really enjoy Volunteering my time for helping new and maybe not so new shooters!! And the History of the battles of Lexington and Concord April 19 1775 you didn't learn this much in school!!
    Oh teach me master!! LOL ... seriously though. More info? Cost? Time of day? How many rds can one expect to go through during these two days? Is this a two day event or two 1 day events? Thank you for volunteering your time for this nortatoga. Really .... this is a great program and I'd like to attend along with my Daughter.
    RIP NYF

General

Can kids attend if they're not old enough to shoot?

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Shoot View Post
    Oh teach me master!! LOL ... seriously though. More info? Cost? Time of day? How many rds can one expect to go through during these two days? Is this a two day event or two 1 day events? Thank you for volunteering your time for this nortatoga. Really .... this is a great program and I'd like to attend along with my Daughter.
    Most of your questions can be found on the Appleseed link!

Quote Originally Posted by cgrutt View Post
    Can kids attend if they're not old enough to shoot?
    cgrutt to be honest I think your little guy would really be bored! It would be more fun for him to do it with you when he's 12. Not to say you shouldn't do it on your own!!
    Last edited by nortatoga; 02-06-2014 at 07:48 PM.

General

cgrutt to be honest I think your little would really be bored! It would be more fun for him to do it with you when he's 12. Not to say you shouldn't do it on your own!!
    Yeah, probably right about that. I'd love to do it but value my time with my son more, lol... I only get to hang with him on weekends...

Quote Originally Posted by cgrutt View Post
    Yeah, probably right about that. I'd love to do it but value my time with my son more, lol... I only get to hang with him on weekends...
    Well when he's 12 I expect to see you both on the LINE!!!!!
    Last edited by nortatoga; 02-06-2014 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Shoot View Post
    Cost depends, this year it looks like $60 for adult, $20 under 18 for two days. Some people like LEO, active military and elected officials are free. Range fees if you are not a SaraSpa member are $5/day per person.

Time is usually around 8:30am to maybe 5pm or so on Sat, Sunday ends a bit earlier IIRC.

The shoot is two days, but in the past you could attend just one day (not sure if that is an option this year). Saturday is usually a bit heavier on instruction, Sunday a bit more shooting but that can change based on things like how the weather is looking.

I would plan on about 400 rounds per person for the two days. The best setup for a first timer is a mag feed semi auto preferably in 22lr with a USGI type sling and either a scope or aperture sights. If you do not often shoot prone with a scope, you may want to try it out - you may find you want to move your scope farther forward compared to sitting/standing. Mag feed bolts work also, they just require a bit more work. I would not recommend a tube feed gun, although they are allowed. Tubes have to load in a process that can slow the entire firing line down a bit.

By all means bring your daughter. At least some of the shooters will be women or girls, and often one or more of the instructors are women also (or possibly even a girl - meaning a minor).

More info at Project Appleseed Home

Quote Originally Posted by pseudonymity View Post
    Cost depends, this year it looks like $60 for adult, $20 under 18 for two days. Some people like LEO, active military and elected officials are free. Range fees if you are not a SaraSpa member are $5/day per person.

Time is usually around 8:30am to maybe 5pm or so on Sat, Sunday ends a bit earlier IIRC.

The shoot is two days, but in the past you could attend just one day (not sure if that is an option this year). Saturday is usually a bit heavier on instruction, Sunday a bit more shooting but that can change based on things like how the weather is looking.

I would plan on about 400 rounds per person for the two days. The best setup for a first timer is a mag feed semi auto preferably in 22lr with a USGI type sling and either a scope or aperture sights. If you do not often shoot prone with a scope, you may want to try it out - you may find you want to move your scope farther forward compared to sitting/standing. Mag feed bolts work also, they just require a bit more work. I would not recommend a tube feed gun, although they are allowed. Tubes have to load in a process that can slow the entire firing line down a bit.

By all means bring your daughter. At least some of the shooters will be women or girls, and often one or more of the instructors are women also (or possibly even a girl - meaning a minor).

More info at Project Appleseed Home
    I couldn't have said it better, you have been to an Appleseed at Sara Spa is my guess?
    Last edited by nortatoga; 02-06-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Well when he's 12 I expect to see you both on the LINE!!!!!
    Unfortunately my son doesn't turn 12 til June, but we'll plan on the september one.

Just an update on Appleseed at Sara Spa, I talked to Smurf (Shoot Boss) last night we are planning on moving the target line in and shooting from under cover on the 50 yard range cement slab. Checked the what to bring thread on the Appleseed site it said 2 10rd magazine's you should have 4 and a 5th wouldn't hurt as a spare, The USGI type sling as mentioned above will work the best, but any adjustable sling will be a big plus(there not just for carrying you rifle) A mat and elbow pads (not the hard plastic kind they tend to roll) knee pads as well, Eye and Ear protection, A hooded sweat shirt (Hot Brass) And we are looking at shooting about 400 rds shot for the 2 days! The most important thing to bring is A teachable attitude!!

Still 19 spots on the line available!!

16 spots on the line now!!

8 spots left on the line!!

6 spots left on the line!!

3 spots left on the line!!

Corporal

I would like to attend one of the appleseed projects with my son, but I do not have the 1000 rounds of 22lr that is needed. Maybe it will be available again in time for the september one.

We are looking at about 400rd's per shooter (scaled back a little) Hope you can make Sept shoot if 22lr is more available this is a great program you and your son will have a great time!!

2 spots left on the line!!

The Sara Spa (Saratoga) Appleseed shoot is SOLD OUT for April 26/27 the next one at Sara Spa will be Sept 20/21!!

I just got my tickets for September... My son is excited!

Looking forward to see you and your son on the line!!