appleseed firearms
Close

Default appleseed firearms

Just wondering if anyone has used or seen other people use ar15 w/ Thordsen stock or Ares SCR used at an event ? Hoping people would be out there using their ''safe'' firearms.

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

I have seen all kinds of rifles on the line at the shoots I have shot and the shoots I have worked! AR's before the Safe Act and NY compliant after! Mini 14's SKS's 1903 Springfield! The ammo is what may discourage some as we could shoot between 400 and 600 rounds in the two days. We usually put the big Boomers at one end of the line. Most shoot 22lrs, Ruger 10/22's Marlin 795 and such. I have set up my Marlin 989 M2 that my Dad gave me when I was 16 as a loaner. Detachable mags work the best (at least 4) as the course of fire on the AQT is 40rds in 4mins. Have also been seeing a lot more 22lr bolt actions on the line with return shooters looking for more of a challenge, I myself have set up a RAR for just that.
    Last edited by nortatoga; 09-08-2015 at 07:54 AM.

LOVE hearing that noratoga............I need to do this sometime, screw the ammo, it's the cost of learning ( although I cringe at replacing it BUT 600 rds doesn't mean much if you can't hit what you need to ).THANKS for replying.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by shootemup View Post
    LOVE hearing that noratoga............I need to do this sometime, screw the ammo, it's the cost of learning ( although I cringe at replacing it BUT 600 rds doesn't mean much if you can't hit what you need to ).THANKS for replying.
    The next shoot at Sara Spa Rod&Gun Club should be next April on the weekend closes to the anniversary of Lexington and Concord, April 19 1775!! The shot heard around the world!!

I would recommend 22lr to any person attending an AS if they have access to the ammo. Really any reliable 22lr will do, but if you have a mag feed 22lr semi auto with a front sling mount it is a big advantage. While there is nothing wrong with a tube fed semi, bolt action or even single shot rifle all of them will require either special prep procedures on the line or moving your trigger hand during firing strings.

There is nothing really magic about the 22lr, it simply has less of the things that do not help your shooting (recoil, report, rifle weight, etc). If you can get to the point where you can deliver 4MOA consistently on a AQT at AS, you can walk onto the line at a High Power Service Rifle comp and deliver the same results so long as your sight adjustments are good.