Buying 80 percent lower jig kit and lower?
Close

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By xcvPro
  • 1 Post By Saltwater60

Thread: Buying 80 percent lower jig kit and lower?

Private

Default Buying 80 percent lower jig kit and lower?

I know building an AR NY compliant is legal Have done 2 so far. BUT want to do 80 percent lower ones. BUT it looks like many places wont ship the jig kit to make a 80 percent lower into NY. Could i drive into PA and buy the jig kits plus a few 80 percent lowers? Would PA gun shop require ID and see iam from NY and not sell to me? If not HOW to get the lowers themselves plus the jig kit. If Biden wins I want to do that RIGHT AWAY. 80-lower.com was the one i wanted but wont ship too NY.

Or are the still places that will ship and are as good as the 80-lower.com ones? Any ideas?

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Private

There are hundreds of sites that sell P80 kits or any other 80% Lowers and jigs just google "80% Lower" and you will find them, most will ship to NY.
    multical and newUser like this.

Colonel

All
    mentioned above are perfectly legal. An 80% is not a firearm so no ID needed to purchase. Same with a jig. There are some places that will still ship. I doubt you’ll find any in stock on a shelf in PA
    newUser likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Private

I will have to look at other sources than direct from 80-lower.com I guess. Like ammo some places still do ship ammo so I assume there are still some places that ship the 80 percent lowers and the jig setup.

Colonel

Essentially what happened is the attorney general of nys sent a letter to any of them with the words assault riffle in the sales pitch that they could no longer 80% lowers to nys. If they don’t have the term assault riffle in the ad they are good to go or at least that’s what I heard last.

I will never understand why the jigs for 80% aren't made for a full cut receiver.

Daytona tactical, if any in stock. Got an 80% for my son when he gets back from basic training. Jigs were in stock but I already had one so didn't order one.

Corporal

As much as I hate the company I believe in the power of google. Just keep looking. Don’t cheap out, do your self a solid favor and stay away from the poly 80’s.

Private

Quote Originally Posted by SammyDaBull View Post
    I will never understand why the jigs for 80% aren't made for a full cut receiver.

what is a full cut receiver?

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by wally43 View Post
    what is a full cut receiver?
    Making it have a giggle switch to go auto. The receivers are cut different to accommodate the parts for this.

Private

Quote Originally Posted by Saltwater60 View Post
    Making it have a giggle switch to go auto. The receivers are cut different to accommodate the parts for this.
    My guess giggling is illegal. LOL