New Christmas toy
Close

Captain

Default New Christmas toy

Well the local gun store had cva wolfs marked down .. oh i wanted one ,, little short of cash thou just before Christmas ..

well Christmas day i got a nice cash gift from good old mom and guess what i did .. yep .. went to see if it was still marked down

and came home with it today ,,

I got the top one in the pic below ...

007672.jpg

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Corporal

Awesome, nice gun. Good luck with it!

I read an ad for CVA Blackpowder guns. They offered a couple of models with Nitriding Process which inhibits rust. Does your new gun have that finish?
    Nice looking firearm, my oldest son has a T/C Encore with the 50 caliber BP barrel with the 209 system. He loves it, he uses sabots in his.
    Walk Light, Carry a Big Stick & Never Walk Away, Teddy Roosevelt
    Don't Take Your Guns To Town, Johnny Cash http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMMp_llzBT4
    NRA, WAC "Washington Arms Collectors"
    1 million people attended Obama's inauguration, but only 14 had to miss work

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Postmaster General Darthgamer138's Avatar

A muzzleloader is making it's way to my short list.

Something about slowing down and being part of the shot...
    Proud NRA ​LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

​SEI Divemaster Apprentice/Nitrox Diver. Dives- ​I57. Proud Atheist.

Nice! I have a Wolf that I just got a few months back. Stainless steel with the new breech plug design. Super easy to maintain, good shooter and it's nice and light to carry. This is my second CVA...I had a first gen Optima that I sold to fund this one, that was a good gun too

A local used gun store has a T/C 54 caliber cap lock for only $199 I've been eyeing. If they still have it when I get caught up on other stuff I'll pick it up. I like the slow pace of black powder shooting.

I need to grease the cylinders, I haven't been and that's a disaster waiting to happen. I just talked to a guy that had the unpleasent expiereance of setting off other rounds in the cylinder while shooting one of his revolvers. He said when it happened he thought he was going to meet his maker.
    Don't Take Your Guns To Town, Johnny Cash http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMMp_llzBT4

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by HighlandLofts View Post
    I read an ad for CVA Blackpowder guns. They offered a couple of models with Nitriding Process which inhibits rust. Does your new gun have that finish?
    Nice looking firearm, my oldest son has a T/C Encore with the 50 caliber BP barrel with the 209 system. He loves it, he uses sabots in his.

Don't know on the coating , would have to go check out there website about it ..

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by HighlandLofts View Post
    A local used gun store has a T/C 54 caliber cap lock for only $199 I've been eyeing. If they still have it when I get caught up on other stuff I'll pick it up. I like the slow pace of black powder shooting.
    I have a TC 54 cal pre warning one and missed on a Doe this year , the CLICK.. CLICK from pulling the hammer back scared her off she was like 15 to 20 yrds from me perfect broadside ...

Pull the front trigger, draw back the hammer and hold it there while releasing the front trigger. Soundless maneuver to full cock.
    Robin

I found a 45 caliber flinklock rifle at a pawn for $225 out the door, I put $50 down on it. Nice looking rifle, I'm looking forward to picking it up here shortly.