Online shopping for a muxxleloader
Close

Private

Default Online shopping for a muxxleloader

Hi All!

Looking to get into muzzleloading, and I was just curious to see if any of you knew if it was still legal to purchase a blackpowder rifle online and have it shipped to me. I can't really seem to find straight answers, let alone ones that are some what current. I've got my eye on a few at Cabela's. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Postmaster General Darthgamer138's Avatar

It's legal.

/thread
    Proud NRA ​LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

​SEI Divemaster Apprentice/Nitrox Diver. Dives- ​I57. Proud Atheist.

Try ordering one?
    Safety first, never last
    Have a future, not a past.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi All!

Looking to get into muzzleloading, and I was just curious to see if any of you knew if it was still legal to purchase a blackpowder rifle online and have it shipped to me. I can't really seem to find straight answers, let alone ones that are some what current. I've got my eye on a few at Cabela's. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Welcome to the forum, if you plan on living in New YORKISTAN for the rest of your life, you might as well get into muzzleloading, as this may be the only guns we'll be aloud to own. Ok enough of my morning sarcasm, big fan of Thompson Center muzzleloader. Depending on what your looking to spend you can buy a complete set up for $500-$700. Are you looking for anything inline (209 primers) or traditional flintlock. If you are going to be hunting with this gun I have a favorite load, 100 grains of triple 7, with a 245 gr powerbelt hollow point bullet. Also check local gun shops and gun broker.

Major

Why don't you support a local shop that sells them? If they don't have what you want they can order it.

Sergeant

You might try looking on Gun Broker just to get an idea as to whats out there ,used is not a bad place to start .

If your looking for an off the rack type gun, I agree with XP, and would suggest you shop locally and have them order it in if necessary. This place sells hand made guns of varying degree of customization, quality of work, and have a try before you by policy. Enjoy the journey!
    Guns: flint, percussion, & early cartridge guns - Track of the Wolf

Robin

It has to be a traditional muzzleloader. You cant ship inlines without an FFL.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    ― Samuel Adams

Major

Quote Originally Posted by Kentuckyrifleman View Post
    Whaaaaaaat

Major

Find a local shop that the owner or an employee has been hunting with a muzzleloader for a while. They can be a great help.

You don't need a BGC for most muzzleloaders. T/C makes a new Encore ProHunter FX. It can not accept a rifle, shotgun or handgun barrel. The standard Encore 209/50 needs an FFL & BGC.

Sergeant

CVA Optima or T/C Pro Hunter FX Shipped right to front door, but i had mine shipped to UPS facility in Latham by airport didnt want it sitting out front of house. enough said. Kentucky whered you come up with that one? about inlines

Major

Quote Originally Posted by Kentuckyrifleman View Post
    I don't believe in lines are any different legally from traditional muzzle loaders.
    Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him, and He will act. Psalm 37:3-7

Major

They (inline)are NO different except a convicted felon can be charged with another felony if they are caught with a muzzleloader. No FFL is needed to buy and resell ML's. Seller only has to get Id for proof of age, . NO BGC.