Albany county judges
Close

Tms
    Private

Default Albany county judges

Anyone have any experience with judge James Ferreira? Any ideas on his views or where he stands on cc permits?

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

Sorry no experience with that judge, can only answer for Lynch as a non supporter and Herrick as pro 2a
    Last edited by kwalsh; 05-17-2016 at 12:32 PM.

Judge Ferreira is the person who reviewed my permit. He is thorough and fair. He approved my permit with the hunting/target shooting restrictions.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Captain

Anyone know who took Teresi's spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Icepick View Post
    Judge Ferreira is the person who reviewed my permit. He is thorough and fair. He approved my permit with the hunting/target shooting restrictions.
    How are restrictions fair?
    Watering the Tree Of Liberty is not achieved by the killing of innocents, but by preserving the lives of those innocents with your own if necessary.

Private

In Albany Co .It doesn't matter which judge you have. All permits are restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911shooter View Post
    In Albany Co .It doesn't matter which judge you have. All permits are restricted.

That is not 100% accurate , I have no restrictions on mine and my wife is the same way

Captain

That's definitely false. I'm unrestricted. I had O'Conner

Corporal

I am unrestricted as well. I have Herrick but he is retiring this year from what I've heard... not sure who is going to take over his permits...

at least we got what we needed from Herrick before he retired

Corporal

Did he retire already? I knew he was planning on it this year, just wasn't sure when. He approved my permit within 1 month and issues unrestricted. I'm curious to see who takes over because I am hoping to be able to maintain my permit after I move to Texas in November (I will still own property in NY and plan on coming back to go hunting with my dad).

Private

Regarding Teresi's replacement. Platkins replaced him. Forget about unrestricted. Already tried. Showed supporting documented training and still got restricted. Had permit for 10 years. Just an fyi

Corporal

Typical for Albany County, it depends on who you know, and whether you are Joe Average, or, also submit a brief LEO resume with copies of credentials under HR218...retirement shield and credentials carry a lot of weight, since most county judges realize it's futile under preemptive federal law to impose carry restrictions to those who qualify.

Fair? Hell, no. But, a minor perk of being underpaid doing a dangerous job for 30 years, with still outstanding death threats, and they won't be carried-out in one's home or at the target range, just when least expected. One reason I'm leaving the area I worked in.

Private

Any helpful tips when applying for a concealed carry under Judge Ferreira? I am a 54 year old female. I received my restricted permit a few months ago. I joined a shooting range, a gun club, and I practice weekly. I was told that in order to get a concealed carry I have to prove it is necessary in some way for my job. I am a paralegal and sometimes perform process serving for pay. Is this a good reason? I just want a concealed carry and would like to obtain it as honestly as I can. Any help would be appreciated.

Private

Default Albany county judges

Has anyone had any experience with judge Debra young from Rensselaer county. I dropped off my conceal paperwork today. What's the process now? I know I'll receive a letter in the mail. Will I have to meet with her?

Quote Originally Posted by jenny9113 View Post
    Any helpful tips when applying for a concealed carry under Judge Ferreira? I am a 54 year old female. I received my restricted permit a few months ago. I joined a shooting range, a gun club, and I practice weekly. I was told that in order to get a concealed carry I have to prove it is necessary in some way for my job. I am a paralegal and sometimes perform process serving for pay. Is this a good reason? I just want a concealed carry and would like to obtain it as honestly as I can. Any help would be appreciated.
    Just CC anyway. You won't be breaking any laws.
    Anything stated in the above post is my personal opinion and should not be construed as legal advice.

Private

Default Rensselaer county judges

Anyone on here have a conceal carry in Rensselaer county. I dropped my papers off today to have my restrictions lifted I have judge young What's th whole process and how long it take ?