Getting restrictions lifted with a lawyer?
Close

Private

Default Getting restrictions lifted with a lawyer?

Has anyone ever heard of someone getting there restrictions lifted using a lawyer? Just curious I showed training and Judge said no cause to carry a firearm. Wrote a letter showing some causes and more training. work all hours of the night plowing snow in bad areas and felt the police may not be able to make it in a timely fashion due to the snow covered roads. Still not enough. Any stories are appreciated

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Private

I would assume that it's going to depend on the Judge in your area. From what I've read( here and elsewhere)..there are some judges that won't authorize Full Carry for anyone regardless of reason.
    The problem with the "I snow plow in bad areas" argument..is that a judge would most likely say that it's much easier for you to flee any potential 'bad guys' rather than using a firearm. Unless you can show PROOF that there is a rash of carjackings in that area...your argument is going to fall on deaf ears IMO.

For Judges that are somewhat(or completely) anti 2nd amendment....I'm also going to assume that you would have to be in somewhat CONSTANT danger of being assaulted, raped, and/or under regular death threats...for them to approve a Full Carry permit. In NYS you have to PROVE that you in are in MORE danger than the average citizen. And that proof would most likely require MULTIPLE police reports that document previous attacks/threats.

And yes...it's insane that NYS requires that citizens endure assault,/rape and/or multiple crimes etc.....BEFORE they will allow them to carry a gun to defend themselves.

When I was issued my pistol licence in 2002, was restricted to hunting, target, trapping. During the process, the issuing Judge met with me and explained that when he approves a pistol license, he always restricts them in this manner.
    That judge has since retired. At the beginning of this past January, I submitted a pistol license amendment requesting removal of the hunting, target , trapping restrictions and included a letter to the Albany County judge who replaced the issuing judge. In the letter, I described the training that I’d undertaken since issuance, and explained that I understood that carrying a firearm for defensive purposes was a tremendous responsibility that I would not take lightly.
    I received my unrestricted carry license two months later.
    Member, NRA
    Member, NYSRPA

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Colonel

Some times it has to do with how you write your letter or how long you’ve had your permit. I’d talk with some one who does training in your area or an FFL.

Private

You can try calling Brian Mercy, his number is 518-280-8872. He is helped out several of my customers and he’s fair .

Private

You can try calling Brian Mercy, his number is 518-280-8872. He is helped out several of my customers and hes fair .