Anyone train with airsoft 1911 or similar? - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

KJW P226 METAL Gas Airsoft Gun Blowback - P226 Gas Airsoft Pistol - AirSplat.com - AirSoft Gun Warehouse

i had this one up until a couple weeks ago when it got stolen from my place of work. it was a decent practice tool, and im still pretty pissed about it being stolen. my entire office was ransacked, and that was hidden pretty well and it was the only thing stolen.
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace"
    All statements and opinions made here are for discussion purposes only, and not meant to promote any illegal behavior or activity.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoscato View Post
    I’m lost as I'm not familiar with Airsoft... But what are you possibly simulating with one? When I practice, I practice with a purpose; I shoot the same ammo (lots and loads) and timed intervals as I do when I shoot a match.

Will a airsoft simulate recoil and time on target adjustments for a .45 hardball or wadcutter?
    its more so practicing the mechanics of shooting. the airsoft gun i had was a "blowback" gun so the slide went back with every shot so you had to reacquire your target. while not the same kick as a live round, the mechanics are similar. as well as practicing shooting positions, drawing, etc... you can save a lot of money by practicing with airsoft, and implementing with live rounds.
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace"
    All statements and opinions made here are for discussion purposes only, and not meant to promote any illegal behavior or activity.

Les

My aim is to practice my draw and getting on target. I can set up a course right in my yard and shoot this without any issues. I live in the country but I still have neighbors within 500 feet of me so a real 1911 is out of the question. My future son-in-law is going through his pistol permit process so this will also allow him to learn mechanics and safety with a pistol while he waits out the permit process. I think it's going to be a good tool. The KWA is a blowback model, the slide cycles on every shot. All the safeties and slide lock function like a real gun too. The trigger is actually pretty nice, may be a bit lighter than my Kimber but it's definitely heavier than my Smith 41.
    NRA Life Member - NRA Range Safety Officer - SAF Member
    ==="Safety is something that happens between your ears, not in your hands" - Col. Jeff Cooper ===

4. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Les

We went to the back yard last night and shot some airsoft with the KWA 1911 as practice. Likwidice is in this video and her boyfriend who has submitted his paperwork for his permit. As he is not allowed to shoot a gunpowder pistol until he has his permit, we are using the airsoft to get him started on safety and gun function while he waits. I think this will be a plus for him as he can learn basics and be ready to go to the range when he gets his permit. He has already picked up and obeys the finger off trigger and keep it pointed downrange rules. I see the airsoft as a plus in that you can do this in the yard even if you have neighbors close by. Another benefit is we shot for about an hour + for about $2 and the targets added another $1.

One of the drills was just published in Shooting Illustrated, published by the NRA. It's the Raylan Givens drill. If you watch Justified you have seen this. With your hand on your gun grip but still holstered, draw and shoot one handed 3 to the body and 1 to the head. Par is 3 seconds. Had fun practicing this last night.
    Last edited by Les; 06-22-2013 at 11:40 AM.
    NRA Life Member - NRA Range Safety Officer - SAF Member
    ==="Safety is something that happens between your ears, not in your hands" - Col. Jeff Cooper ===

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12