2014 IDPA at Greene Rod and Gun Club - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

"Next month, October, will be our night shoot. Sorry no new shooters for night shoot, only experienced shooters with several day shoots under their belt."

Jeff, Are you using a rail mounted light or handheld for the night shoot?
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor. Approved Chenango County Concealed Carry Course Instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by UVAC View Post
    "Next month, October, will be our night shoot. Sorry no new shooters for night shoot, only experienced shooters with several day shoots under their belt."

Jeff, Are you using a rail mounted light or handheld for the night shoot?
    This will be our first night match in Greene, but I believe we will follow the example from TCSA and have two categories. One for rail mounted light. Another for hand held light. All stages will start low ready, and therefore no drawing from the holster. Of course everyone will need a holster to "holster up" after each stage, but the guys with rail mounted lights will need to unload, show clear, slide forward, pull the trigger and remove the light before holstering. I will plan to use my rail mounted light, so I will need to be sure I have fresh batteries for the match.
    Sir Michael Foster, judge of the Court of King’s Bench, wrote in the 18th century, “The right of self-defense . . . is founded in the law of nature, and is not, nor can be, superseded by any law of society.” Cicero said 2,000 years ago, “If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right;”

Here are the stages that I have selected so far for next Saturday Oct 11. Sorry, as mentioned above, no new shooters for this night match.

Bring 4 mags for the double bill drill stage.

Due to night match, all start at low ready, so each course description will be altered at least for this. Gun mounted light or hand held light.

Each of the below course descriptions is subject to other additional alterations to suit a night match, and perhaps other alterations to add some spice.

1. Run for the alley. 8rd x2 = 16rd?? http://www.nepaidpascores.net/scenar..._The_Alley.jpg
    Since this is an 8 round stage, I'd like to consider allowing everyone to shoot this twice and keep the better of the two scores. If you think you did well, you may choose to decline. Will decide later if this is a good plan or not, but the intent is to try to keep a balanced match since other stages are 18 rounds, and one 24rd.

2. Parking garage party. 18rd. Image Page

3. Home invasion nightmare. 12rd Image Page

3b. alternate stage 3. Crazy gang banger shuffle. 18rd Image Page
    We will decide later which we will use for stage three. Leave a comment here, and why, if you have a preference.

4. Double bill drill 7 & 15. 24rd Image Page

5. Kneeling transision drill. 18rd http://www.nepaidpascores.net/scenar...tion_Drill.jpg

edit 10-7, we will remove one target from each 18 rd stage to make each one a 16rd stage. Reason: to reduce the number of reloads, especially for CDP shooters with 8rd mags.
    Last edited by Jeffc607; 10-07-2014 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Alter 18rd stages to 16rd
    Sir Michael Foster, judge of the Court of King’s Bench, wrote in the 18th century, “The right of self-defense . . . is founded in the law of nature, and is not, nor can be, superseded by any law of society.” Cicero said 2,000 years ago, “If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right;”

4. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Scores are posted on our web site for our night match last night. IDPA Shoots We had 30 shooters, so we consider this a good turnout. More than we were expecting.

You will see two links. One for hand held light, one for gun mounted light.

We ended up not using the double bill drill in pit 4, but used the Crazy gang banger course of fire instead. Boy did it get really dark toward the end!

Sat Nov 8th will be our final match of the season. Jim will announce and distribute the year end awards. Not sure yet what the food will be, but we plan to have an after-match get together in the clubhouse. Stay tuned for stage descriptions.

Stages for Sat Nov 8th 2014.

1. get-a-grip.
    2. Caught-in-the-open.
    3. WrongTimeToDine.
    4. The Gambler.
    5. GraveDigger.

gambler, caught in open and get a grip came from
    here:
    http://mikesells.wordpress.com/. the others from lin Edwards.
    http://cofs.idpaky.home.insightbb.com/

Sergeant

First time shooting IDPA... thinking about braving the cold tomorrow. What time should I arrive?

Corporal

The email I got about it says:
    "Setup will begin at 8 am, new shooter brief will begin 9 am and shoot time will be 10 am."

Scores are posted. IDPA NOV 8,2014 Stage Details - These are NOT Official Results

Thank you all for coming out and joining us for a great time. Let's keep this going strong. First match of 2015 will be the second sat in March, weather permitting.

Private

Hello, where can I get the schedule of matches for Greene IDPA?

Thank you.

Hi 3Alpha!

Our webmaster Dave lost his battle with cancer January 5th, so bear with us as we struggle to get dates updated on our web site. For 2015 we will continue the pattern of Greene on 2nd Sat of every month. Greene will start in March and last match in October. I'll plan to start a new thread when Jim and I get stages picked for March. Show up at 8am to help set up, new shooter orientation at 9am, registration closes at 9:45, shooting starts around 10am. Depending on the head count, we finish up around 12:30 to 1pm.

Square Deal, as far as I know, will continue the pattern of IDPA every 3rd Saturday.

TCSA (Owego), as far as I know, will continue the pattern of IDPA every 4th Saturday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12