Wheelchair Holster
Close

Default Wheelchair Holster

My wife's wheelchair bound and has a S&W 380 EZ. Because she's in a wheelchair she has no easy way to have constant access to her firearm. A fanny pack wasn't fast, she doesn't like to wear it (even though she likes the ability to keep her phone, knife, pen, etc. on her at all times). She got it as primarily a home defense gun, when we go out together I normally take one of mine with me.

There wasn't a holster I saw that could help her.

A couple weeks ago I decided to try a custom holster for my thigh & ordered some boltaron (like Kydex, but sightly different) & watched a bunch of videos on how to do your own Kydex holsters.

Then I decided I had enough to try to make my wife a holster. Sooooo...... here it is:
    IMG_20200411_221713234.jpg IMG_20200411_221745175.jpg IMG_20200411_221759612.jpg IMG_20200411_221752295.jpg

Heat gun sure has come in handy today. (I didn't heat gun the whole thing, I used the oven & pressed the form of the gun, then used the heat gun to tweak it to be accessible on the chair)

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

Seems like a fun project.

First impression is that it seems too easy for everyone else to access. I was expecting a holster on the inside of the seat. I recognize your wife may have a blanket or something similar that can be used to conceal - but it just feels too exposed, to me.
    Anything stated in the above post is my personal opinion and should not be construed as legal advice.

current one isn't meant to conceal, just carry around the house. After I work on some other projects, the next one will be for conceal.

But, she can now carry in the house. Big + vs before.

Ahhh, I see. Makes sense. Good on ya, bud!
    Anything stated in the above post is my personal opinion and should not be construed as legal advice.