Orange County
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orange County

Default Orange County

How many shooters here from Orange County?
    Where do you shoot?

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Sergeant

I usually shoot at davis as I usually sight in my long guns there. I have been meaning to go to Master class but just have not had any time.

Also from OC and shoot at Davis on occasion but I really wish I could fine someplace more "casual" (used to be able to shoot behind the parents house back in day before things got built up)
    “Honor is like an island, rugged and without shores; once we have left it, we can never return”

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Private

Quote Originally Posted by alistair View Post
    How many shooters here from Orange County?
    Where do you shoot?
    My parents are in Florida. I've always wondered if there was any state land around there....

Sergeant

Was in Orange, moved to Putnam this year, but I'm still a member of Black Rock Fish & Game. Now that they've expanded the pistol ranges and have steel shoots, it's gotten much better. It is outdoors and a mile uphill on a seasonal road, so it's pretty much shut down until Spring if the winter dumps enough snow. As a club they also have a lot of family oriented activities if you're into that.

Wasn't a fan of some of the attitude (and the ammo prices) at Davis in Goshen. I can't understand why non-customer service oriented people are working a sales counter in a retail store, but, I digress. Master Class was a bit closer for me, when I wanted to shoot indoors and fairly friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by shoot2much View Post
    My parents are in Florida. I've always wondered if there was any state land around there....
    There's Pochuk State Forest near Pine Island, but I don't know what the situation is there for firearms

Pochuck State Forest - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation
    “Honor is like an island, rugged and without shores; once we have left it, we can never return”

MrG
    Corporal

Live in Orange County.. I shoot at both Master Class and Davis.

Davis to sight in. Masterclass for a quick pistol shoot. Wooster Mountain in Danbury, CT to make a day out of it and shoot both.
    We have all moved on to another American owned NY gun forum that doesn't censor you or contribute revenue to anti gun causes. Check my avatar and signature for the location.

Corporal

I ended up joining the New Paltz rod & gun club since I shoot enough that it ends up cheaper than the trip to davis.

Major

the edge of Rockland County and Orange County .

Top spot is Master class in Monroe NY, I belong to the monroe chester gun club and just never shoot there except for matches. I also belong the the Ramapo Sportman club in Suffern NY

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by fnfalguy View Post
    I ended up joining the New Paltz rod & gun club since I shoot enough that it ends up cheaper than the trip to davis.
    The only place more expensive than Davis is Blueline in Elmsford. Don't care for the clock watcher atmosphere either.

Private

Masterclass for pistol and Davis for long guns. Occasionally a friends property for both.

Monroe Chester Sportsman Club do not get there enough though! Usually do some shooting on private property.
    NRA - S.C.O.P.E. - N.Y.S.R.P.A. Semper Fi

Monroe Chester Sportsman Club is a great club with great facilities, but the fees are steep.
    I have been shooting there as a guest and have applied for membership.

Member of Middletown Pistol and Rifle Assoc.
    Great group of people, and we have our own range(shared with Middletown Police), but can go 24 hrs a day.

Quote Originally Posted by rpf427 View Post
    Member of Middletown Pistol and Rifle Assoc.
    Great group of people, and we have our own range(shared with Middletown Police), but can go 24 hrs a day.
    I looked at joining this club but they would not let me in because I am not a US citizen.

Shoot mostly on private property. But when the snow gets too deep I head to Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo View Post
    Shoot mostly on private property. But when the snow gets too deep I head to Davis.
    Jealous of all you OC residents with private land to shoot on.

Sergeant

master class and Bethlehem rod and gun club

Private

Went to Davis to pick up a few things and didn't like the attitude there. It's closest to me. I guess I'll have to try Master Class. Strangely enough George Knight, my local FFL, who ran Davis before it was Davis told me all about the history there. George is a great guy if anyone has guns to sell or needs gunsmithing repairs.

I am originally from North Western Orange on the Sullivan border. I never needed a range since my entire backyard was not populated for many miles. It is now populated and shooting back there is not like "the old days" and I now live in Rockland for the last 10 years. I am a member of Black Rock, so I find myself up there often. Membership is steep, but well worth it. For as much as I shoot, going to a range and paying a $25-$30 fee would cost me more than my annual dues for Blackrock, so that were I am most of the time, usually on Target spot 1 or 2. Aside from that, I am often at competitions, usually in Jackson, NJ, which is one of the BEST facilities I have ever shot at, and in Doylestown, PA, which is another great place. Once a year, I try to make it down to Millville, NJ for the State High Power Championships.....that another great spot, but far from Rockland, NY!
    NRA Life Member, UTAH CCW, GCA, FFL C&R, NYSCOPE, USMCR GySgt 0369

Quote Originally Posted by alistair View Post
    Monroe Chester Sportsman Club is a great club with great facilities, but the fees are steep.
    I have been shooting there as a guest and have applied for membership.
    I have been a member for 12 years and i love it, i really dont think the dues are steep considering the ranges we have and if your a deer hunter from down state land acess to prime farm land in orange county. Great club

Corporal

I'm from Monroe and have to say that the people at Davis in Goshen are so smug and really don't want to be bothered that I won't ever step foot in there again. While it's only 25 yards at Master Class, the atmosphere and people are much nicer and laid back. I also frequent the Blue Mountain Sportsman Center in Westchester. I'm literally 45 seconds away from the Monroe Chester Sportsman Club but I'm not a member :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast