80% receivers
Close

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Saltwater60
  • 1 Post By multical
  • 1 Post By kmikesr

Thread: 80% receivers

Default 80% receivers

Be careful people. I heard some say when ya buy them your on a list? Was not sure about it but this makes ya think. This is Hopewell about 10 miles from Canandaigua where I live. https://www.newsbreak.com/news/20446...=oldSite&ss=i0

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

Colonel

Yes the attorney general has asked for some companies credit card sales on 80%.
    Koda likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Corporal

As long as you are making a rifle with an 80% You don’t have to serialize it here in NY - you are within the law. The news feed said he was making pistols. I didn’t see that it said an 80% was used or what type of frame it was. It could have been an 80% glock but that’s just a guess.
    jrtraderny likes this.

Private

Quote Originally Posted by Koda View Post
    Be careful people. I heard some say when ya buy them your on a list? Was not sure about it but this makes ya think. This is Hopewell about 10 miles from Canandaigua where I live. https://www.newsbreak.com/news/20446...=oldSite&ss=i0

"accused of possessing a pistol with no serial number made with unfinished frames, parts and receivers."

It looks like the unregistered pistol is the reason he was arrested, charged, and had all of his firearms confiscated. The "ghost gun" term is being used as much as "assault rifle" to make a point and a definable impression on all who hear it. The "ghost" rifles may not have been illegal.

Actually, there is more... from:

https://www.fltimes.com/news/police-...6533c96eb.html

Police said Adams was in possession of a loaded 9-millimeter semi-automatic pistol in the vehicle he was driving. Police referred to it as a “ghost gun”, as it had no serial number and is made with unfinished frames, parts and receivers, making it essentially untraceable.

State police investigators and federal agents said after getting the warrant, they found a cache of firearms, ammunition, firearm parts, and high-capacity magazines in the residence, along with specific tools and jigs to manufacture and assemble firearms.

Weapons seized included six assault rifles (two of them untraceable “ghost guns”); two other untraceable semi-automatic 9-mm “ghost gun” pistols; four rifles; three shotguns; numerous frames, receivers, barrels, uppers and lowers in varying states of assembly; multiple firearm silencers; and thousands of rounds of ammunition in a variety of calibers.

This is NY. Play the sorting game and see what is allowed and not allowed from the list in the article. (I'm surprised the media didn't mention any "clips.")
    Last edited by kmikesr; 08-26-2020 at 09:57 PM.
    Koda likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltwater60 View Post
    HMMMM, that would work.. Wonder about cash sales? Still a receipt? They could check vendor inventory? Then ask where are certain 80% lowers missing from inventory? NYS SUCKS !!!! FUAC !!!

hasn't actually been passed by assembly & signed by governor yet, correct?

Private

Quote Originally Posted by Saltwater60 View Post
    That is totally scary and I feel a huge violation !!

Private

Quote Originally Posted by Koda View Post
    HMMMM, that would work.. Wonder about cash sales? Still a receipt? They could check vendor inventory? Then ask where are certain 80% lowers missing from inventory? NYS SUCKS !!!! FUAC !!!
    Purchase them from an out of state private seller. LOL Might pay a little more but no worries then.