ordered a new gun
Close

Private

Default ordered a new gun

Seems like I haven't bought a gun in years. I reckon I was looking for something to pop up that caught my eye.....and it just did. I just ordered the Springfield Armory Ronin with the 4.25" barrel in 45ACP. After spending days and days looking at Commander size 1911's I discovered two things.
    First of all, there don't seem to be many guns of any kind available. Damndest thing I ever saw.
    Secondly, it takes quite a bit of study when deciding on which gun to buy. There really are several good choices in the Commander size 1911. Prices are being held at or even above MSRP. I felt good to get this for $50 under MSRP. Ammo is scarce as well. But, if all goes well, I should have the gun the end of this week, and I happen to have a few rounds of ammo at the house. Two friends of mine have recently bought new pistols and want to come to the house to shoot. I guess their purchases got my interest up. It has been fun and even tiring the last several days looking at so many guns.

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

Change the color of your font.

That's an exciting purchase, and it sounds like you put a lot of thought into it. Enjoy your new gun!

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Private

Quote Originally Posted by Owl Man View Post
    That's an exciting purchase, and it sounds like you put a lot of thought into it. Enjoy your new gun!
    Im a ffl and none of my distributors has anything in stock. According to one of the reps, only the big guys whod irectly deal with the manufacturer are getting anything. Ammo is scarce for everyone. I just got 1000 rods of 9mm for $0.62 a round. Ridiculous, but I have a few customers who Im selling it to for my cost (good will)

The ammunition shortage is a freakin' bear.

Private

Just ordered the same pistol but the 5" model in 45acp. How to get it this week! Have you fired yours and what do you think?

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by buechensmacher View Post
    I’m a ffl and none of my distributors has anything in stock. According to one of the reps, only the big guys who’d irectly deal with the manufacturer are getting anything. Ammo is scarce for everyone. I just got 1000 rods of 9mm for $0.62 a round. Ridiculous, but I have a few customers who I’m selling it to for my cost (good will)
    Wow your cost is $0.62/round? That’s absurd.