Buffalo NY Rally!!
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    General

Thumbs up Buffalo NY Rally!!

Well, I had to really kick myself to go to this rally downtown today, I expected to see a few dozen people maybe a hundred or two at best . But I had to show up for some moral support even though I felt it wasnt enough time to build a major rally.

Well, Im happy to report I was wrong, There were thousands of supporters in Niagara square today!!!My guess is from 3-8000 thousand . Flags and signs were everywhere!!!! It was a little difficult to hear the speakers from where I was . but in short time there was to do this I think it was pretty sucsessfull, given more time and knowing the support will be larger , I think any future rallys will really blow em away !

Good job to those who put this together and Tom baurle and sandy beach for preching it on the local radio ..

Dont let the news fool you when they tell you there was 500 people.(Ive seen them do that before.)

Nice to know Im not alone, even though it feels like it sometimes .

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Sergeant

Sure was a lot of People downtown. YNN news network was there but i am not sure about other networks.

General

Dont forget the people comming and going too, I was on my way out and people were still comming in

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

It was a sucess. Orderly and eveyone was polite.
    Common sense does not involve citizen disarmament. Responsible solutions do not disarm the victim pool. And support for the Second Amendment does not advocate for infringements. Get out of my face.

LZ1
    Captain

Any anti's there?

Also.... I need a don't tread on me flag to wave around

General

Nice pics!!!

If there were any antis there, they were lost in the crowd

LZ1
    Captain

I didn't see any antis officially protesting

Some angry lady drove by yelling things but thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish787 View Post
    Any anti's there?
    None that I seen. This rally was awesome......
    NRA and SCOPE Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

Men, women, young, old, black, white. It was awesome. I would dispute the estimate of the numbers, I'd put it closer to 1500 based on the size of the traffic circle (only half was used, but it was packed pretty good, about 15,000 square feet with 10 square feet per person on average gives about 1500 people) maybe as high as 2000 at any given time. If you count people that arrived late/left early (as I had to do) it might get up to 2500 or 3000.
    Alan Gura Says "Let my people go!"

Private

Quote Originally Posted by BerettaGuy View Post
    It was a sucess. Orderly and eveyone was polite.
    Agreed, good turnout IMO.

LZ1
    Captain

I didn't take this but someone else posted it on facebook

General

More pics!!!

BANNED

I posted pics in the other thread, Mods can we consilidate please

I'm in one of these pictures. Middle pic in the orange jacket pointing up. How cool,as was the rally . Quite the turn out.

Captain

KUDOS~And thank you all who spent your money and time to support our rights! Albany had a huge showing also!

GunRallyAlbany3.jpg This is an online pic of the Albany gun rally~Wasn't able to go but a sincere heartfelt thanks to all who did NATION WIDE!!!!
    Last edited by Canis~Major; 01-19-2013 at 04:52 PM.
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
    George Washington
    All firearms transactions to be processed through FFL Charles B. Freer Firearms (845)674-1979

Sergeant

3 antis on the other side of the square. They looked like crazy cat lady types. Also saw WGRZ there taking footage. A few moonbats drove by taking pics of the crowd as well

the anti gun protesters

The speakers were awesome also.
    Disclosure: I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn last night.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

Major

Great turnout. The sound system could've been a little louder.

Thanks to the speakers who came out with the people.

+points for the its cause I'm black sign. This law is absolutely because of black guns.

Major

Myself and the Sheriff sister in law:
    Myself and the wife:
    Dude in front of me with an epic shirt:
    Always one in every crowd:
    Ok maybe two in every crowd:
    Broad crowd shot:
    One more of the girls using it as a photo op:

Overall I'd say we had a good cross section of people. The Buffalo News had a guy there with a camera doing video interviews and stills. I saw him walk right past several normally dressed people (Including myself in a suit) and pinpoint the Extra Beard - Extra Camo - Extra Crazy Eyes types. Media bias is alive and well, let's leave it at that.

There were some good speakers. There were some weak ones. I expected better of Carl. Somehow along the day the Nazi Cuomo flag ended up on the monument right behind the speakers in prime view of the cameras taking video of what was going on. That's not going to help our cause. The guy wandering around with the Airsoft AR, also not helping the cause.

One high point was a rogue youngster with a 'BAN FORKS' sign running amok screaming about BAN FORKS, FORKS MAKE YOU FAT. That lightened the mood a bit.

I'd say it was worth the two hour trek to be part of it. The mood was decent but sardonic. I think everyone there realized that it was mostly lip service that wasn't going to go anywhere. It was just good to get it off our chest before facing the inevitability of the scenario faced here in NY and, to a lesser extent, nationally. It still boggles me that two months ago, we were hoping that recent SCOTUS decisions would free things up here, and now we're under the worst laws in the nation with a promise that 'It is just a start'. They want to keep going.

My house closing in PA is in about two weeks, so this is the last time I'm going to be an activist for NY from within NY. I hope things change for the better, and I hope the fight will not have been in vain.
    At age 21, I did two things: Stopped wearing underwear and started carrying a gun. The combination has enabled me to remain calm in even the most stressful of situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish787 View Post
    Any anti's there?

Also.... I need a don't tread on me flag to wave around
    You can buy them here, great local NY pro-2A business! Don't Tread On Me Flags, Gadsden Flags & Don't Tread On Me Shirt: GadsdenAndCulpeper.com

Lots of inspirational flags, t-shirts, etc. I just placed an order yesterday.

Extremely empowering rally.

I was expecting a few dozen to actually turn out, I was pleasantly surprised to see a few thousand amassed in the square.
    Weather was decent, speakers were excellent...had a lot of good conversations with like-minded folks.

I wasn't too pleased about the swastika sign, personally.
    I don't disagree with the fact that everybody has a right to compare the government to Hitler/Naziism if they feel that's the best way to be critical of policies they disagree with...however, I think the swastika sign did more harm than good.

A handful of people I know who weren't at the rally have been leaving me comments all afternoon asking about that one sign.
    One acquaintance of mine even went so far as to ask me whether this was some kind of white supremacist event.
    From certain pictures, you can't see the image of Cuomo's face on the center of the sign...all you see is the thick black outline of a swastika.
    That kind of does the event a disservice...because THAT'S what people remember.
    Instead of talking about the great speakers and hundreds of other great signs...people want to fixate on the fact that they saw a swastika, and speculate over whether it or not it was satirical.

I GET the point that sign-holder was trying to get across.
    But a lot of people are looking at the pictures and ONLY seeing that sign...and writing us all off as wingnuts who want to scream about fascism every time something happens in the world that we disagree with.

Just my $0.02

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast