Remington CEO Confirms Safe Act caused Move to Alabama
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Remington CEO Confirms Safe Act caused Move to Alabama

Duh...Like we really needed the confirmation from the CEO to know this. I wonder how much money Remington threw behind Rob? I also love how the woman from Gun violence prevention says it wasn't the safe act it was better economic sense to leave the state like that is somehow an excuse to make it better?

Remington CEO: gun law impacted Alabama expansion decision - NY Daily News

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

They will be out of New York completely by 2018.
    Jim
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
    John Wayne in "Shootest"

Corporal

Sad for NY, Good for AL. FUAC!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

WTF? The stupidity never ends. I just don't understand why they allow such lies to be published. The Thordsen and spur and MR2 make the AR15 so much safer now (sarc). They are just oblivious to the facts that places with the strictest gun laws have the most violent crime and places with the least gun laws have the lowest crime. Kennesaw 1982.

But regardless, she said, public safety should trump economic decisions.
    Critics “love to use the New York SAFE Act as a whipping boy, but let’s face it, that law is keeping New Yorkers safe and keeping New York communities safe and our kids safe and guns out of the wrong hands, to me that’s more important,” she said.
    Last edited by Jeffc607; 11-17-2014 at 07:09 PM.
    Sir Michael Foster, judge of the Court of King’s Bench, wrote in the 18th century, “The right of self-defense . . . is founded in the law of nature, and is not, nor can be, superseded by any law of society.” Cicero said 2,000 years ago, “If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right;”

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Phibes View Post
    Duh...Like we really needed the confirmation from the CEO to know this. I wonder how much money Remington threw behind Rob? I also love how the woman from Gun violence prevention says it wasn't the safe act it was better economic sense to leave the state like that is somehow an excuse to make it better?

that is b/s and if you buy that line I have a bridge for sale in brooklyn. gun sales have slowed. remmington added employees after the hysteria from sandy hook. majority of sales were coming from present owners. remmington is owned by a hedge fund. the bottom line is the only thing that matters to theses guys. they have billions that were invested with them from pension funds. they must keep the rate of return up. when sales lag you look for cost cutting. labor is less expensive in the south. the safe act helped their sales. it was a boom for a while. people have to pay bills. they just can't continue buying firearms in record numbers, the bust is on us colt will be fileing for bankruptcy very soon also. I suppose the safe act did that too.
    ammo is getting less expensive and more plentiful. prices on firearms are going down. on slickguns.com a Kentucky dealer was taking orders for bushmaster carbonlite ar15. his price was $378 for a complete gun. bushmaster is owned by the same company that owns remmington, cerebus is their name.
    so do you really buy that story?

General

Ain't this sweet?? Again, the princess will say that nearly all of the firearms manufacturers that were in NY, didn't leave because of the UNSAFE Act!! I suppose the 400,000 and counting aren't leaving because of it and taxes either!! I suppose that the projected 1-2 million won't leave in the next year or two because of it either!!! FUAC!! FUNYS!!! FUNYC!!!

GO REMINGTON!!! Tell the nation WHY you left!!
    RIP NYF

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Phibes View Post

Voting with their feet and capital.
    Proudly a "bitter clinger," and "extreme conservative."

Colonel

They said nothing about SafeAct being an issue prior to their move in hopes to get more NY incentives. They didn't get money so they moved to Alabama ...

"workforce quality" that means they felt their workers sucked / are too expensive.

"If the article below is accurate, Remington was being negotiated for sale well before Newtown. Ripping a company apart and finding cheaper labor is Corporate take over 101. And its always done slowly over a year or 2 the last thing a company wants is for disgruntle employees to walk out or sabotage a brand, they still need money coming in during the re org.

http://www.wktv.com/news/top-stories...?m=y&smobile=y

Remington Arms' parent company selling all its firearms manufacturing interests

By JOLEEN FERRIS

Story Created: Dec 18, 2012 at 1:25 PM EST
    Story Updated: Dec 18, 2012 at 5:08 PM EST
    Last edited by Nfngun; 11-17-2014 at 07:35 PM.

Colonel

Posting in another thread about Colt i realized the obvious all the big companies are getting their asses kicked by companies coming out with better quality products. Their are a host of Manufacturers pumping out parts that blow Bushmaster out of the water.
    Last edited by Nfngun; 11-17-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Colonel

Either way, a sad story for the hard working folks of Ilion, NY! The only good thing is they should be able to find another job, because after all.... "NY IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS"!!!! Just ask cumho... he'll tell so... I mean he wouldn't lie would he??

I'm voting with my feet, and my capital (our retirement funds)!!!!

FUAC!!! FUNYS!!! FULIBRITARDS!!!!

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Nfngun View Post
    They said nothing about SafeAct being an issue prior to their move in hopes to get more NY incentives. They didn't get money so they moved to Alabama ...

"workforce quality" that means they felt their workers sucked / are too expensive.

"If the article below is accurate, Remington was being negotiated for sale well before Newtown. Ripping a company apart and finding cheaper labor is Corporate take over 101. And its always done slowly over a year or 2 the last thing a company wants is for disgruntle employees to walk out or sabotage a brand, they still need money coming in during the re org.

Remington Arms' parent company selling all its firearms manufacturing interests | NBC-WKTV News Channel 2 - Utica News, Weather, Sports - | Top Stories

Remington Arms' parent company selling all its firearms manufacturing interests

By JOLEEN FERRIS

Story Created: Dec 18, 2012 at 1:25 PM EST
    Story Updated: Dec 18, 2012 at 5:08 PM EST
    cerebus put them up for sale right after newtown. cerebus has a lot of teachers, public employee pension fund money invested with them. they never found a buyer but they made a promise to these groups that they would sell off these assests. they didn't try to hard. it was "difficult" to unload while you are earning record profits.

Colonel

I expect more companies to rise from the ashes ... I wanna know when the auction will be on the machinery, I'll take a lath and a CNC machine on the cheap. 5 custom rifle builds a week should keep the bills paid and the family fed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffc607 View Post
    WTF? The stupidity never ends.
    No $hit, I'd love to see someone publicly challenge Ms. Barrett on exactly how this law keeps our "communities safe and our kids safe".

Quote Originally Posted by bgbytoys View Post
    that is b/s and if you buy that line I have a bridge for sale in brooklyn. gun sales have slowed. remmington added employees after the hysteria from sandy hook. majority of sales were coming from present owners. remmington is owned by a hedge fund. the bottom line is the only thing that matters to theses guys. they have billions that were invested with them from pension funds. they must keep the rate of return up. when sales lag you look for cost cutting. labor is less expensive in the south. the safe act helped their sales. it was a boom for a while. people have to pay bills. they just can't continue buying firearms in record numbers, the bust is on us colt will be fileing for bankruptcy very soon also. I suppose the safe act did that too.
    ammo is getting less expensive and more plentiful. prices on firearms are going down. on slickguns.com a Kentucky dealer was taking orders for bushmaster carbonlite ar15. his price was $378 for a complete gun. bushmaster is owned by the same company that owns remmington, cerebus is their name.

I am aware of the economics of the move south. I think even the CEO is as he mentions it, but the economics excuse is even a bigger indictment of the way this state is run than the Safe Act excuse which was a point i was making. "Its not the gun law that made them move...its how terrible this place is to do business." No matter how they try to spin it makes them look bad.I do believe the safe act had a part to play in it even if it was an after thought, but either way people lost jobs and that sucks.

Yeah that dunce Cuohomo says theres jobs here. Sure, everyone is trying to get out because of him.
    Sad to see them go.

If this ******* Remington CEO had any decency - instead of just using the unSafe law as a way to dodge those high paying Illion union salaries - he would have been shouting this to anyone who would listen BEFORE THE ELECTION!!!!!

So this tells me that the CEO of one of the most recognised firearm bands in the world doesn't give a crap about us, or the political atmosphere that is trying to make us register like child molesters because we own guns. And it tells me that Remington is OK with the unSafe law and another term of Cuomo.

FU Remmington! I hope this ******* gets his ass kicked by some of those who's livelyhoods he ruined to make a buck before Illion is dead.
    I like my guns like Obama likes his voters... Undocumented.

New Yorkistan: where freedom is a foreign word

Quote Originally Posted by bgbytoys View Post
    some of the things you say are true. However, THIS SAYS MORE ABOUT WHY REMINGTON IS LEAVING

Kollitides also said workforce quality, business environment, tax and economic incentives, and existing infrastructure impacted the decision to open a plant in Alabama.

“What the letter is really saying to us is we need to take action as a state to solidify and recognize the businesses we already have here and make it hospitable for them to stay,” said Assemblywoman Claudia Tenney, a Republican who represents the upstate district that is home to Remington and who received the letter.
    if you don't understand this, then you have no clue how NYS works to drive business away
    Stay low, Go fast
    kill first, die last
    One shot, one kill
    No Luck, all skill

Now he tells us... Thanks for waiting until after the election... Thanks for nothing.
    NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, SCOPE

Critics “love to use the New York SAFE Act as a whipping boy, but let’s face it, that law is keeping New Yorkers safe and keeping New York communities safe and our kids safe and guns out of the wrong hands, to me that’s more important,” she said.

I'm sure all the kids whose parents are now out of work and who will experience the instability, shame and depression of unemployment feel safer now. Burn in hell Gunn Barrett!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcurtis View Post
    No $hit, I'd love to see someone publicly challenge Ms. Barrett on exactly how this law keeps our "communities safe and our kids safe".
    Just like Cornhole Boy not wanting to debate Astorino one on one, she would avoid this like the plague.
    Long Live NY Extremists FUAC

regardless of the unsafe or not. its Scumo's fault Remington is leaving the state. of course the unsafe will have a negative impact on sales of certain firearms.
    but scumo's progressive agenda is not friendly to businesses. The cost of living is very high in this state, the taxes are so high, and in turn competitive wages are high. I honestly don't know why any big company would want to stay in NY when you can easily move to another state and do better.

I do wish Remington would have announced this before the election, I think thats pretty dirty .
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace"
    All statements and opinions made here are for discussion purposes only, and not meant to promote any illegal behavior or activity.

Captain

." No matter how they try to spin it makes them look bad.I do believe the safe act had a part to play in it even if it was an after thought, but either way people lost jobs and that sucks.[/QUOTE]
    it is an excuse. if it was a after thought like you said the wheels were already set in motion. it is only about the money.

I have a business in ny. everytime I see one of those ads come to ny and you won't pay this and you won't pay that it really pisses me off. why don't I get a break as an established business? remmington management probably felt the same way.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    some of the things you say are true. However, THIS SAYS MORE ABOUT WHY REMINGTON IS LEAVING

if you don't understand this, then you have no clue how NYS works to drive business away
    this is all you really know,

remmington is owned by a hedge fund.

it says profits over people. true ny is a rotten place to mfg but they were still making a profit. remmington will make a larger profit in Alabama.

Captain

instead of giving remmington any money to stay fuac decided to give solar city 3/4 billion $ to come here. ny will build them a facility, no corporate tax, no sales tax and they gave solar city a 10 year lease at $1 per year on the purpose built building that you and I will pay for to the tune of $750,000,000.

the biggest reason is remmington makes guns, fuac agenda!
    Last edited by bgbytoys; 11-18-2014 at 01:16 PM.

General

Quote Originally Posted by thecelt View Post
    regardless of the unsafe or not. its Scumo's fault Remington is leaving the state. of course the unsafe will have a negative impact on sales of certain firearms.
    but scumo's progressive agenda is not friendly to businesses. The cost of living is very high in this state, the taxes are so high, and in turn competitive wages are high. I honestly don't know why any big company would want to stay in NY when you can easily move to another state and do better.

I do wish Remington would have announced this before the election, I think thats pretty dirty .
    ... I'm sure this had nothing to do with it. The princess and the term "hush money" go hand in hand!!
    RIP NYF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast