Best AR for $1600 or Less
Close

Private

Exclamation Best AR for $1600 or Less

Hello Everyone,

Looking to purchase my first AR and i've been doing a ton of research but i cant make up my mind. Decided to post here to get some guidance and information. What do you guys think is the best AR that you can buy thats NY COMPLAINT for up to $1600.

Will be used for home defense and at the range.

So far my top pick is the daniel defense ds-15 lighting, anyone here have it ? any issues ?

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Colonel

Daniel defense makes nice stuff. I don’t have one but I’ve heard good things.
    patriot ordinance makes nice stuff too.

Private

Buy a lower and build your own. Really easy to do. Just watch YouTube. You will get a way better product then a pre made rifle.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Aero precision is quality stuff. It’s the first step on the quality tier. Probably get one for about $1,300

I agree with the other guy assembling one yourself is cheaper.

As for Daniel Defense, personally I would NOT buy there products after the owner Marty Daniel supported gun control.

Look into Sons of Liberty Gun Works they support 2A. They also have a unmatched warranty, True lifetime warranty, and customer support like no other.

Look into non-nfa “firearm” builds, if uncomfortable I highly suggest NOT going pinned magazine. Get a Thordsen or a NYLAR made by a NY gun shop call NY legal arms.

Assembling a lower is cheaper, and depending on parts it could be better. With better parts you’re not going to get it cheaper.

I would recommend buying a completed assembled upper. Unless you have knowledge of port sizing, a dimple jig, headspace gauge, matching feed ramps etc.