Recommended for winter carry
Close

Private

Default Recommended for winter carry

On the hunt for a piece to carry around in winter months. Currently have a SW Shield which is small enough to carry year round but looking to add on! Let me know any recommendations. Thanks!

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Colonel

Sig365 is great. You can do the xl if you’re looking for a larger gun. Lots of good options.

Corporal

Glock 19 should fit the bill quite well I would think.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Private

Glock model 45, it's a 9mm gen 5 with the full size frame of the 17 but the more compact slide of a 19. Holds 17 rounds in the mag (in a free state)
    I carry this OWB under my coat in winter. If this is for winter carry, keep in mind you may have gloves on. A larger grip may be warranted.

Private

In winter your options are far greater. Whatever fits your grip well and shoots well and you’re comfortable with is good to go! I like a full size S&W Shield but that’s just my preference.

Private

Quote Originally Posted by NOSEFACEKILLAH View Post
    On the hunt for a piece to carry around in winter months. Currently have a SW Shield which is small enough to carry year round but looking to add on! Let me know any recommendations. Thanks!
    Try the Sig 227. 10 rounds of 45 ACP in a surprisingly small package. Itís not small, but concealable in winter clothes. Have to buy a used one.

Private

Any specific specs your looking for on the winter piece? Bigger gun for more capacity or bigger gun for higher caliber? Do you trust a 1911 enough to carry one? Striker fire vs hammer matter to you?

Private

I would humbly suggest a Springfield XD series in .40 cal.

OGL
    Private

If you want seamless transition from your summer to winter carry, you might want to check Smith and Wesson M&P series. There are plenty of models to choose from and since you already familiar with controls and ergonomics it will be easy to switch between the guns. If you want something different, Glock 19 Gen. 5 is a very good choice, Sig P320 series is another good gun, huge plus is a modular construction which allows you to change almost whole gun.