Double Checking
Close

Thread: Double Checking

Private

Default Double Checking

So, how is NYC interpreting transporting ones handgun out of the City? Can I only transport within New York State? Or can I take my handgun to a range in New Jersey? Or maybe even to the Sig Academy in New Hampshire?

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

NY/NYC has no ability to prevent you from bringing your pistol to another state. Their authority stops at the state/city line.
    Anything stated in the above post is my personal opinion and should not be construed as legal advice.

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDude View Post
    So, how is NYC interpreting transporting ones handgun out of the City? Can I only transport within New York State? Or can I take my handgun to a range in New Jersey? Or maybe even to the Sig Academy in New Hampshire?
    Do not take an unlicensed handgun to NJ..

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Private

Hi Vicarious,

By unlicensed do you mean one not licensed in New Jersey? My handgun is licensed in NYC.
    If you are saying keep it out of NJ I will do so. Would rather be safe and keep my handgun than sorry and have it taken away.

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDude View Post
    Hi Vicarious,

By unlicensed do you mean one not licensed in New Jersey? My handgun is licensed in NYC.
    If you are saying keep it out of NJ I will do so. Would rather be safe and keep my handgun than sorry and have it taken away.
    IIRC, from a few years ago, I was in Philly, and a few wanted to go to Jersey, I couldnt tag along and being from NY (or PA for that matter) NJ would have strung me up in they found my legally carried pistol.