How's that Safe Act working (in 2020)
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Saltwater60

Thread: How's that Safe Act working (in 2020)

Default How's that Safe Act working (in 2020)

Just curious...haven't heard much from Cuomo about how well the Safe Act is working to reduce gun crimes in NY. Guess he is too busy taking care of the senior citizens in assisted living centers?
    In the overall scheme of US gun violence, the semi-auto rifle is a scant contributor. In 2011, the FBI reported 323 murders with a rifle compared with 6,220 murders with handguns and 728 by fist. The NRA teaches firearm safety and legal ownership, Hollywood teaches reckless firearm violence ....which one is attacked by the media?

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Colonel

It’s working just as he has planned it. Hard to get guns and ammo during the pandemic. He shutdown gun stores and you can’t have over 10 round mags or normals AR-15’s. It was never about reducing crime. Never. The faster you learn that the better you’ll be.
    jrtraderny and Vicarious like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltwater60 View Post
    It’s working just as he has planned it. Hard to get guns and ammo during the pandemic. He shutdown gun stores and you can’t have over 10 round mags or normals AR-15’s. It was never about reducing crime. Never. The faster you learn that the better you’ll be.
    Thanks for schooling me...????
    In the overall scheme of US gun violence, the semi-auto rifle is a scant contributor. In 2011, the FBI reported 323 murders with a rifle compared with 6,220 murders with handguns and 728 by fist. The NRA teaches firearm safety and legal ownership, Hollywood teaches reckless firearm violence ....which one is attacked by the media?

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Private

California mag limits struck down this week. Promising for Ny?

https://wkow.com/2020/08/14/9th-circ...ity-magazines/

Private

The way I heard it, this will likely go to an En Banc review, or a review from all the judges on the 9th. So plenty of ways for it to get opposition but it's still momentum in the right direction.

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by BigWash View Post
    California mag limits struck down this week. Promising for Ny?

https://wkow.com/2020/08/14/9th-circ...ity-magazines/
    I sure hope so but I expect nothing expect to be disappointed.

A bunch of dipshit sheriff's who give lip service about gun rights and will gladly send you to prison for a decade because you owned a handgun in your house. Yet for some reason gun owners are still chanting "blue lives matter" despite the police stomping on gun owners. Moreover, people refuse to accept the reality that these gun laws are never going to end. They aren't going to stop until they replicate South Korea's firearms control regime, at which point I doubt the inability to get a 30 round magazine will even be on the same scale as whatever other sick shit they've cooked up.

It's time to recognize the facts.
    nEw yOrK sTaDe UNriSdriCktiD PISSOHL PERMUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Private

Quote Originally Posted by ResidentJew View Post
    A bunch of dipshit sheriff's who give lip service about gun rights and will gladly send you to prison for a decade because you owned a handgun in your house. Yet for some reason gun owners are still chanting "blue lives matter" despite the police stomping on gun owners. Moreover, people refuse to accept the reality that these gun laws are never going to end. They aren't going to stop until they replicate South Korea's firearms control regime, at which point I doubt the inability to get a 30 round magazine will even be on the same scale as whatever other sick shit they've cooked up.

It's time to recognize the facts.
    Hi, I was just curious are you familiar with South Korean gun laws? I don't exactly know them by heart but yeah you basically need to be on a national target shooting team or hunt regularly, and the police keep the guns unless you're using it for whatever purpose you're licensed to use them. When you see someone on the block with any gun, it's just assumed it's an airsoft. One time I remember is when we had a couple younger police officers pull up to a deserted park where we were admiring my friend's ~$1k+ M4 replica build (all of it spent on replacing orange plastic with metal, still regulated to the 0.2J or whatever the limit is) I think it was around dusk, and yeah after they knew what we were doing they actually played with it a bit.

Sorry for the slight necro and going off topic, was kinda unexpected and nostalgia inducing, seeing South Korean gun control being mentioned on this forum, but yeah, I think the US constitution and bill of rights is pretty unique in that it is designed to protect the safety of your person and possessions, and preserve the citizens' right and means to protect it themselves if it comes to it. Surely there are better approaches to curtail crime and accidents than proscribing the exercise of the very rights that are supposed to avail victims of ways to redress the injuries they suffer.