Being spit
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OwnTheRide

Thread: Being spit

Default Being spit

Having this discussion the other day. There's some videos going around the internet of people spitting on other people and then claiming to have covid. It could technically be a death sentence, what is the proper reaction if this were to happen to you or some one you know?

For example get into a argument with someone, they spit and cough at you claiming that they have covid, and hope you die. What if they spit and cough at your spouse, your child?

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Colonel

I totally see your point but you do know what state we live in right? I’d say it is not a justification to use deadly physical force. Best you can do is defend yourself push/punch the guy away and call the cops. My guess is they will be charged with harassment and/or simple assault IMO. It’s best to get their info recorded by the authorities because if they do have COVID then you could possibly have other legal action. They will not be charged with attempted murder by any means and I’d be surprised if they are given more than an appearance ticket. For The possibility of anything more I think they would have to know they have COVID, know they are contagious, and know you are high risk for death from COVID. Other wise we’d be arresting and shooting people that go to work with the flu.

Private

I would like to think that justice would prevail on those who take on such heinous acts upon others. However, I would want that to be through or Judicial system, rather than shooting that person down. They could have mental health issues, or be inebriated in some way, and i for one, would never want that burden on me.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Spitting does not equate to the use of deadly force....

I never said anything about shooting someone.

A good example of why (also) equipping ourselves with non-lethal means of defense is a good idea.

Pepper spray seems like a very appropriate response to the posed scenario - not in retaliation, but in an effort to stop the threat.
    Anything stated in the above post is my personal opinion and should not be construed as legal advice.

Captain

Spitting on someone is not even a crime in NY. The charge is "harassment". It is a violation level offense. If you escalate it from there you will like be the one in bracelets. Pick your battles wisely.

Did anyone even read the post?

Quote Originally Posted by SammyDaBull View Post
    Did anyone even read the post?
    You posted questions detailing credible threats to the lives of an individual and their family, in the self defense section of a gun forum, asking what the proper reaction would be. You should not be at all surprised that you're seeing responses to the effect of "don't shoot the person."
    Saltwater60 likes this.
    Anything stated in the above post is my personal opinion and should not be construed as legal advice.

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Firds1937 View Post
    I would like to think that justice would prevail on those who take on such heinous acts upon others. However, I would want that to be through or Judicial system, rather than shooting that person down. They could have mental health issues, or be inebriated in some way, and i for one, would never want that burden on me.
    Just because someone has mental issue or is drunk doesn’t mean they aren’t a threat.

Corporal

Didn't even read other users responses but what a ridiculous question. I am sorry you have so much free time that you can just sit around and think about pointless scenarios like this.

But to nonetheless answer it since you actually made a post for it, the proper reaction would be to walk away. As rude and disgusting as it may be, there is likely nothing illegal aside from possible harassment (good luck proving that). Since this is a 2A forum, assuming you are asking this question to imply a question as to whether or not it would be justified to shoot someone over this, the answer is NO. That this is something you actually feel the need to ask makes me worried about you being around firearms. A scenario like this panning out and you gunning down a man over your COVID paranoia would result in you being plastered all over the news and sent to prison.

Quote Originally Posted by kisangani View Post
    Didn't even read other users responses but what a ridiculous question. I am sorry you have so much free time that you can just sit around and think about pointless scenarios like this.

But to nonetheless answer it since you actually made a post for it, the proper reaction would be to walk away. As rude and disgusting as it may be, there is likely nothing illegal aside from possible harassment (good luck proving that). Since this is a 2A forum, assuming you are asking this question to imply a question as to whether or not it would be justified to shoot someone over this, the answer is NO. That this is something you actually feel the need to ask makes me worried about you being around firearms. A scenario like this panning out and you gunning down a man over your COVID paranoia would result in you being plastered all over the news and sent to prison.
    Hey retard apparently you didn't even read the original post. I didn't dream this up. There's multiple videos and videos of people spitting on cops. Just asking a question on what people's response would be. I'm done with this fucking page you people are legitimately missing chromosomes.

Captain

Hey retard apparently you didn't even read the original post. I didn't dream this up. There's multiple videos and videos of people spitting on cops. Just asking a question on what people's response would be. I'm done with this fucking page you people are legitimately missing chromosomes.
    I answered you perfectly and no other response is needed. Spitting is harassment. Harassment is only a violation. Said person would only face an appearance ticket. It is not a crime. They would get a small fine as a slap on the wrist if even found guilty at all. If you escalate it you will be the one going to jail.

Corporal

Sounds like about the kind of response I would expect from someone like you. You must need to ask this question because you are clearly someone people would like to spit on. Whatever, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Private

Having this discussion the other day. There's some videos going around the internet of people spitting on other people and then claiming to have covid. It could technically be a death sentence, what is the proper reaction if this were to happen to you or some one you know?

For example get into a argument with someone, they spit and cough at you claiming that they have covid, and hope you die. What if they spit and cough at your spouse, your child?
    What's wrong with these people? I mean, anyone could snap and just like that can pull a trigger at anyone who does that. Do they have a death wish or something?

Captain

Not sure why this is even open still. I already gave the only valid answer.

Spitting is harassment. Harassment is a violation. It is not a crime.

If the police even showed up (1-2 hrs later) and the parties were still there the most they could do is write an appearance ticket. That probably won’t be happening either though.

If you shoot, it will be you taking the ride, and remaining under the care of the state for a long, long time.

Enough already.

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnsiqui View Post
    What's wrong with these people? I mean, anyone could snap and just like that can pull a trigger at anyone who does that. Do they have a death wish or something?
    Whether these people have a "death wish" or anything else is irrelevant. There are plenty of mentally ill, troubled individuals all over this country. However, being spit on does not give someone a right or cause to kill another person. I hope if something like this actually happened, the person with a gun gets sent to prison.

It's really sad actually. These are the stereotypical people the left think about when they imagine gun owners and this sort of thinking is what is giving a bad name to people who who support gun rights.