Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By smitty846
  • 2 Post By Saltwater60
  • 1 Post By kingax1
  • 2 Post By Saltwater60

Thread: Legal to own pistol grip folding stock not attached to gun

Private

Default Legal to own pistol grip folding stock not attached to gun

Does anybody know if its legal to own a folding pistol grip stock for a Mini-14 carbine as long as it is not attached to the receiver in NYS?

I just wanted to buy this wooden folding pistol grip stock for my Mini-14 in case it comes off the market. I wouldnt attach it to my gun until the Safeact is overturned or part of it over-ruled. And yes Im optimistic, its not if but when. I do not want to buy it if I can get in trouble though just for having it separate from my gun.

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Captain

As long as it's not attached to a gun you're good. They themselves aren't specifically banned, only guns witch incorporate them.
    kingax1 likes this.

Private

Quote Originally Posted by smitty846 View Post
    As long as it's not attached to a gun you're good. They themselves aren't specifically banned, only guns witch incorporate them.

That sounds great!...Ill keep them separately in different rooms so it doesnt show I had intent to put it on quickly.

I was worried about having it mailed too, once I find a online vendor willing to ship it to NY I just didnt want to take the risk. Sounds like Im good.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Colonel

You sure are optimistic. I don’t ever see the safe act getting over turned especially with what happened in the elections. With Biden and the dems in charge you’ll be lucky to legally be able to own any semi automatic riffle.

I agree with the assessment and it’s not illegal to own that as long as you don’t attach it to the gun in NYS or another state that bans this sort of thing. Feel free to take them to PA and have fun if you’re close to PA.
    Vicarious and kingax1 like this.

Private

Quote Originally Posted by Saltwater60 View Post
    You sure are optimistic. I don’t ever see the safe act getting over turned especially with what happened in the elections. With Biden and the dems in charge you’ll be lucky to legally be able to own any semi automatic riffle.

I agree with the assessment and it’s not illegal to own that as long as you don’t attach it to the gun in NYS or another state that bans this sort of thing. Feel free to take them to PA and have fun if you’re close to PA.
    Yeah I was looking past them thats for sure, LOL Im hoping some supreme court decisions can be made (if they arent packed) and I dunno how much in line the entire Democratic party is with Joe Biden's plan. Im not sure how much further they will get nationally than they already are in NYS, but I am aware of Joe's gun control website, just seems so unrealistic.

As a new Class of Covid gun owner, Im really happy with the Mini-14, its a terrific shooter for me so far.

When I get the stock I sure will have to bring it to PA so I can attach it and use it. Its my dream gun setup, and yes Im a A-team fan.
    Saltwater60 likes this.

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by kingax1 View Post
    Yeah I was looking past them thats for sure, LOL Im hoping some supreme court decisions can be made (if they arent packed) and I dunno how much in line the entire Democratic party is with Joe Biden's plan. Im not sure how much further they will get nationally than they already are in NYS, but I am aware of Joe's gun control website, just seems so unrealistic.

As a new Class of Covid gun owner, Im really happy with the Mini-14, its a terrific shooter for me so far.

When I get the stock I sure will have to bring it to PA so I can attach it and use it. Its my dream gun setup, and yes Im a A-team fan.
    Best of luck and enjoy it in PA.
    As for Biden’s plan I’m pretty sure they will get most of it passed unfortunately. They control everything and he campaigned on this promise so why wouldn’t he. Most Democrats have been dreaming of this for years. Also don’t kid yourself one semi auto scary riffles are gone pistols are next. Pistols kill way more people and a lots of states already require a permitting process for them.

The Supreme Court IMO will either be pa led or there will for sure be some conservatives that retire soon. Robert’s will retire. He’s conservative in the media’s naming of him only, Thomas has hinted he will retire as well as Alito from what I understand. Of this doesn’t happen they will pack the court.
    Vicarious and kingax1 like this.

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Saltwater60 View Post

You can be sure the SAFE act is going no place, in fact, its going to get expanded on in NY. The Downstate LibDems have taken
    full control of NYS legislature and are itching to restrict your gun rights further.

Private

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    You can be sure the SAFE act is going no place, in fact, its going to get expanded on in NY. The Downstate LibDems have taken
    full control of NYS legislature and are itching to restrict your gun rights further.
    Sure dont feel like we are living in America anymore. Really sad.