USA Today: Militias are illegal
Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By OwnTheRide
  • 1 Post By OwnTheRide

Thread: USA Today: Militias are illegal

Private

Default USA Today: Militias are illegal

Tries to say the only "legal" militia is the National Guard, everyone else are domestic terrorists.

Keep in mind it was in the news late last week that the new administration / congress is talking about new domestic terrorism agencies, laws, and powers.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...as/6643440002/

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Sergeant

Well this begs the question as to who we want creating private armies.

Are we ok with Muslim extremists creating one? How about Communists who are devoted to Stalin?

Quote Originally Posted by Oscarbrown View Post
    Are we ok with Muslim extremists creating one? How about Communists who are devoted to Stalin?
    Yes. Freedom is for everyone, not just the people who think in a way you approve.
    Anything stated in the above post is my personal opinion and should not be construed as legal advice.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    Yes. Freedom is for everyone, not just the people who think in a way you approve.
    I don't agree. I don't think it would be smart for us to allow Neo-Nazis or Muslim extremists or Communists to form private armies. Seems like a disaster in the making. Freedom, is not a national suicide pact.

I don't agree. I don't think it would be smart for us to allow Neo-Nazis or Muslim extremists or Communists to form private armies. Seems like a disaster in the making. Freedom, is not a national suicide pact.
    Seems like a clear violation of our first amendment rights, to me:

Congress shall make no law respecting [...] the right of the people peaceably to assemble
    Here's a much more exhaustive paper on the topic, if you're interested: https://scholarship.law.upenn.edu/cg...enn_law_review

Can we at least agree that the rules should be the same for Christians, Democrats, Nazis, Muslims, and Communists?
    Vicarious likes this.
    Anything stated in the above post is my personal opinion and should not be construed as legal advice.

Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    Seems like a clear violation of our first amendment rights, to me:

Here's a much more exhaustive paper on the topic, if you're interested: https://scholarship.law.upenn.edu/cg...enn_law_review

Can we at least agree that the rules should be the same for Christians, Democrats, Nazis, Muslims, and Communists?
    I don't agree that the right to peacefully assemble includes the right to form a private army.

I don't agree that the right to peacefully assemble includes the right to form a private army.
    How do you distinguish between the two?
    Congo likes this.