"I don't believe people that people should be able to own guns"- Barack Obama
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default "I don't believe people that people should be able to own guns"- Barack Obama

What Does a Second Obama Term Mean for Gun Owners? - Katie Pavlich - [page]

Guess we'll all find out before too long just how bad it's going to get.

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Postmaster General Darthgamer138's Avatar

It's least that guy will be out in Nov...

4 years.
    Proud NRA ​LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

​SEI Divemaster Apprentice/Nitrox Diver. Dives- ​I57. Proud Atheist.

HEX

This is certainly going to be an interesting time for gun owners, and I don't mean a good kind of interesting.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

I have said it a million times and I will still say it, and I still mean it, if they come to "disarm" me for the greater good, for the country. for the president, whatever, I will shoot and shoot and shoot until I'm dead. I'd rather die then be defenseless and weak anyway.
    Rifle Wants: CETME, SBR AK in 7.62, Daewoo DR200

Pistol wants: XDM, Used Beretta M9/92FS for carry, S&W 5904/5/6 variant, Browning High Power

At least the lively NYF conversation will keep up.
    Proud NRA ​LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by DystruktoBoi1 View Post
    I have said it a million times and I will still say it, and I still mean it, if they come to "disarm" me for the greater good, for the country. for the president, whatever, I will shoot and shoot and shoot until I'm dead. I'd rather die then be defenseless and weak anyway.
    Wake up. They will say that you abuse children or trump up some other fabrication, and use that as the basis to disarm you. And then all the other gunners in New York will say "Well he was a-hole pedophile, good riddance.".
    Watering the Tree Of Liberty is not achieved by the killing of innocents, but by preserving the lives of those innocents with your own if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenret View Post
    Wake up. They will say that you abuse children or trump up some other fabrication, and use that as the basis to disarm you. And then all the other gunners in New York will say "Well he was a-hole pedophile, good riddance.".
    No need to make up anything. You owning that black rifle is already reason enough. Remember: Nobody NEEDS that stuff.

The time for worrying is over. Now it is time to prepare and plan. Remember "From my cold dead hands!". Be prepared to put that to practice, and to revel in it.

Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator Spydermonkey's Avatar

I'm emptying the safes out right now. I'm going to charter a boat out onto Lake Ontario. I hope the weather holds, could you imagine all the firearms and ammo that I would lose if there was some freak boating accident?!
    Disregarding color of law, preventing free travel, and creating joinder with NYF members since 2010.

"I've always felt that the real horror is next door to us, that the scariest monsters are our neighbors."
    -George A. Romero

Quote Originally Posted by podmonkey View Post
    The time for worrying is over. Now it is time to prepare and plan. Remember "From my cold dead hands!". Be prepared to put that to practice, and to revel in it.

photo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Spydermonkey View Post
    I'm emptying the safes out right now. I'm going to charter a boat out onto Lake Ontario. I hope the weather holds, could you imagine all the firearms and ammo that I would lose if there was some freak boating accident?!
    what a shame that would be.. i think many people have planned trips along these lines, I know i have mine planned already.

General

Wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Temporaryscars View Post
    Wrong thread.
    Running Rep. or Libertarian? Rep, no idea. Libertarian, no chance. People won't vote for him to win because "he won't win. I'd be wasting a vote." :/

Private

The lack on intelligence on the web site makes me wonder how many beaver pelts you sold to buy a computer. OBAMA ISN'T GOING TO TAKE ANYONE'S GUNS AWAY .

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH RONALD View Post
    The lack on intelligence on the web site makes me wonder how many beaver pelts you sold to buy a computer. OBAMA ISN'T GOING TO TAKE ANYONE'S GUNS AWAY .
    Don't confuse this with the regular Darth.

The regular Darth realizes when a candidate says verbatim "I support another AWB", that is a slight hint that he might want to take your guns away.

You know what will bring on more gun bans? With all the white supremacists and bigots in this country harboring hatred and beliefs that we should go back to pre-Lincoln days in terms of culture and civil rights, I would not be surprised if a few shots were fired at Obama some time in the next 4 years. IF that does happen, you can kiss AR's and AK's goodbye, regardless of the firearm used. That sort of BS is what results in gun bans, ridiculous background checks, micro stamping, and useless firearm registration policies, as well as all the costs associated. Don't look too far for proof...think Brady Bill and Reagan...
    NYS/FL CCW
    --------------------------------------
    Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of those who threaten to destroy it.

Major

"If you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength, and the greater his effort the heavier the world bore down upon his shoulders-what would you tell him to do?"

"I . . . don't know. What . . . could he do? What would you tell him?"

"To shrug."
    At age 21, I did two things: Stopped wearing underwear and started carrying a gun. The combination has enabled me to remain calm in even the most stressful of situations.

buy ammo................ lots of ammo
    GOD,GUNS AND GUTS MADE AMERICA..........LETS KEEP ALL THREE !!!!!!!!

NY Senate 31-31, buffer gone.
    I love the south

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH RONALD View Post
    I kinda agree maybe. I dont think we will see a ban on guns pop up in the next few weeks. If we see any type of event that tries to take guns away it will be small incremental gun laws over a long period of time this is how they do this stuff. so it will start with maybe a AWB then they will limit hand guns or caliber of guns you can own and slowly decrease more and more of what you can own. It would take a very long time though its not something I can see happening in 4 years if it did happen that way.

Im not convinced he will even try and tackle this. while he opposes guns I dont think its something that is a big picture issue for him. The only time I have seen Obama bring up any of this stuff is when questions from others. I think he has other bigger fish he would rather fry. Then again I dont presume to think for him and we will never actually know what he will do till he actually does it.

Major

Try as he might, I don't think Obama's agenda will go anywhere-- at least not for the next 2 years. Republicans held the HoR, so prepare for more gridlock... they just aren't going to work with this President.

Quote Originally Posted by drsfmd View Post
    Try as he might, I don't think Obama's agenda will go anywhere-- at least not for the next 2 years. Republicans held the HoR, so prepare for more gridlock... they just aren't going to work with this President.
    And there's the filibuster threat in the Senate, 4 more wasted years treading water.
    I love the south

Quote Originally Posted by Darthgamer138 View Post
    a candidate says verbatim "I support another AWB", that is a slight hint that he might want to take your guns away.

and "support" is a bit different than "will propose", it's one step nicer than "i'll have to get back to you on that"

Think about how much harder it would be to do now. Two levels of prebans, a much much larger industry built around evil black guns, many more owners and a greater acceptance into mainstream culture (TV). The 1st time was easy because it was new and never had been done before. To actually make something work this time you would have to outlaw / confiscate things people already own. That will never fly. National registry to keep what you got? That will never work either.

With all the other **** that is happening why would time be devoted to this fight?

Major

I had a liberal friend today tell me that the house WILL listen to Obama this time around, because "they know they will never get reelected if they interfere."

This is the mindset of the enemy. Another AWB, Feinstein approaching the ATF to circumvent legislation and just have things reclassified out of existence, state level bills calling for confiscation or destruction, and Bloomberg pushing with all that money.

We are going to have to be ON POINT and there is non time for slack.

Its time to be on the aggressive.
    At age 21, I did two things: Stopped wearing underwear and started carrying a gun. The combination has enabled me to remain calm in even the most stressful of situations.

My kids are getting semi autos for Christmas this year. 9 year old, 5 year old, and a 4 month old..... they'll thank me someday
    Unrestricted NY LTC permit. PA LTC.

NRA member SCOPE member

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast