Journal News At It Again
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Journal News At It Again

ROCKLAND COUNTY TIMES EXCLUSIVE Journal News at it Again: Newspaper FOILS New Gun Permit Data | The Rockland County Times

"The Rockland County Times has confirmed that the Journal News daily newspaper has requested from Putnam, Rockland and Westchester Counties a complete list of gun owners who did not file “opt out” papers exempting themselves from pistol permit public records."

Once a dirt bag paper, always a dirt bag paper.
    Long Live NY Extremists FUAC

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

Its probably a good thing. How will Cuomo know county clerks are not complying with the law if no one requests the database.

lets hope they choose not to give out the names. county clerks are elected, this will be a good sign of who should stay and who should go.

Corporal

Hoping they keep out of Orange. Should I do the opt out thing? If so how?

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

MDX

we need to stop giving that rag traffic!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER | SCOPE | NYSRPA | ANJRPC

Bob

The County Clerks in all of those counties need to tell that fish wrapper to get bent.
    A golf course is a deliberate and willful misuse of a perfectly good rifle range. - Lt. Col. David Grossman

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytea View Post
    Hoping they keep out of Orange. Should I do the opt out thing? If so how?
    To late it had to be in by may 15th.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson
    "A society that trades their freedoms for safety will in the end have neither" Benjamin Franklin

an opt out form can still be compleated and handed in at any time, the may 15 date was when it became possible to FOIL request information again ....... you can still fill out the form at any time and submit it.....

from the looks of the article the Rockland co. clerk is all to eager to hand over peoples information but waiting to see how it shakes out with Putnam refusing and going to court over it, meanwhile Putnam co. clerk is telling them no way pound salt, and Westchester is just handing it over again

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    from the looks of the article the Rockland co. clerk is all to eager to hand over peoples information but waiting to see how it shakes out with Putnam refusing and going to court over it, meanwhile Putnam co. clerk is telling them no way pound salt, and Westchester is just handing it over again
    If one of those names they release is on one of the opt out forms sitting in a pile, their will be a lawsuit.

James

i would laugh myself silly if they print someone's name that has filled out a form an get sued.... sue'em till they go broke

Colonel

yeah right except I don't remember receiving a receipt of the opt-out in... "we never received one, sorry!"

you can still fill out the opt out request formbut there was some difference and filling it out late that I do not recall. I suggest anyone interested in filling out the opt out form to call your county clerk.
    Quote Originally Posted by 99redgtp View Post
    To late it had to be in by may 15th.
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace"
    All statements and opinions made here are for discussion purposes only, and not meant to promote any illegal behavior or activity.

Putnam will NOT give it up. I am seriously considering buying a bird, so I can line its cage with this paper.

Quote Originally Posted by SRV1 View Post
    If one of those names they release is on one of the opt out forms sitting in a pile, their will be a lawsuit.

James
    Agreed ...and I'll be the one to file it if my name is there.

Sergeant

I will be right there with you. I filled out the Opt out form and express mailed it so at least I have that receipt. I never did receive anything back that it was logged in.

The stupidity of the Journal News is just astounding. I hope the backlash against them causes them to go under!
    NRA Life Member

I dropped off my form at the Westchester Pistol Unit when I submitted an amendment to my permit. The very nice woman behind the counter stamped the opt out form, dated it and made a copy for me .. all without me having to request it.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFalco View Post
    I dropped off my form at the Westchester Pistol Unit when I submitted an amendment to my permit. The very nice woman behind the counter stamped the opt out form, dated it and made a copy for me .. all without me having to request it.
    I hope your name shows up in the paper... Cha Ching $$$

i sent mine in as well so ill be very interested to see if my name shows up.. i would hope that westchester would have learned their lesson from last time, but the damn county is so freaking liberal (doomburg, *******, and cliton all live in westchester) that they will proudly release the info.

i see a potential class action law suit on the horizon!
    All statements and opinions made here are for discussion purposes only, and not meant to promote any illegal behavior or activity.

I hope you guys sue the crap out of that paper and the county if your names pop up after you submitted an opt out form.
    I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country

Deo et Patrić

Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

This is great. The opt-out provision was included as a way for the counties and state to try and play catch up for years and years of poor record keeping. Filing the opt-out was a way for them to try and complete all the files that fell through the cracks over the years.

And now the media is playing the role of enforcer / incentive to motivate us to remind the state who they issued permits to. Otherwise, if you don't comply, your personal information winds up in the paper.

that is a good point kev... not that i actually believe it, but i could almost imagine it being a damn conspiracy. cuomo telling the journal news to put our names in the paper, then he will include a provision in his new gun grabbing law to get everyone who might not be in the new computerized system to "opt out" so that they can have a complete, updated list of permit holders in the computer system. and then the journal news puts in another request to create a "panic" so that more people file their forms. seems a stretch, and i dont actually believe this to be the case, but i dont trust any ****ing liberals anymore until they prove me otherwise.

It seems like a stretch until you remember the head of the State Police saying in an interview on RNN that the ammo background check was going to be used to create and supplement the gun registry. Thats why retailers will be required to record your name and what you buy even if the backgriund check system doesn't get implemented in time.

Quote Originally Posted by kev74 View Post
    It seems like a stretch until you remember the head of the State Police saying in an interview on RNN that the ammo background check was going to be used to create and supplement the gun registry. Thats why retailers will be required to record your name and what you buy even if the backgriund check system doesn't get implemented in time.

ammo background checks is a long gun registry and is the provision that makes me the most frustrated with this entire law. basically all of the provisions are worthless in this law but this one really gets me due to the volume i shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by thecelt View Post
    ammo background checks is a long gun registry and is the provision that makes me the most frustrated with this entire law. basically all of the provisions are worthless in this law but this one really gets me due to the volume i shoot.
    Its not just a long gun registry. Its all guns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast