so , remember my repeal the safe act sign issue.... - Page 14
Close

Page 14 of 90 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

I actually don't see how the cat being out of the bag will either help or hurt. He has got this guy dead to rights. I wish we could have sat on the pics for a while but don't think them being out there would be damaging.

General

Pretty sure he has it, at least he better have since that's how I paid him last time.

Speaking of which, HEY NYSHOOTER!

Quote Originally Posted by Temporaryscars View Post
    Pretty sure he has it, at least he better have since that's how I paid him last time.

Speaking of which, HEY NYSHOOTER!

I know busy bro. Tomorrow.
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

NYSRPA

Admitted to New York and Massachusetts Bars

4. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SomeSoldier View Post
    Trepassing
    criminal mischeif
    and petit larceny.
    Hold on guys. We need to know what the town property codes are. Celt says the sign was 4 to 5 feet from the road. Where I live there is an automatic 8 foot (I believe it's 8 ft.) easement at the curb line. We need to know what the town ordinances are. The LEO may be simply be removing an obstruction from the town's right of way. Shooter, what do we do now? Would it be better to check the town ordinances before we get a survey?
    Last edited by Aquadoc; 09-23-2013 at 08:59 PM.

Listen everyone the only way to know exactly what his rights are he has to have a land survey done. It is the only legally recognizable method to determine property lines, easements, etc.

And I have never seen more guests in any thread ever except on January 16, 2013! 156 guests. The cat is already out of the bag on this one. Celt take the photos down, we will do the rest of this by PM. Scars, you know I'm good for it. Really guys, we need to get another donation going. Celt, this is an offer you cannot refuse. We are taking this one all the way.

NYSRPA

Private

Quote Originally Posted by dairyfarmer View Post
    I actually don't see how the cat being out of the bag will either help or hurt. He has got this guy dead to rights. I wish we could have sat on the pics for a while but don't think them being out there would be damaging.
    Probably right. Tho will be interesting if it happens again next monday if he decides to put up another.

Loh

Quote Originally Posted by Lohocla View Post
    Probably right. Tho will be interesting if it happens again next monday if he decides to put up another.

Loh
    Now that the photos are out he might not do it again. Still shocking turn of events. My heart falls a little today. Where oh where has America gone?

NYSRPA

Just want the best outcome for the op

I knew that ban was coming. Jeez.

This is is now the fifth most posted thread of all time on NYF. What does that tell ya? We got something here fellas. We need to make this a story one way or another.

NYSRPA

This is why you never put anything you hold dear on the internet... Especally on a site where literally anyone can visit and see what you're posting. Too many people that can't be trusted. That being said I am pulling for you Celt.

Major

Quote Originally Posted by Nyshooter1 View Post
    Alright everyone, thecelt needs a land survey. He needs to know exactly where the property line is. I have them done all the time for clients. It will probably cost about $500 or so. I think he needs a second round of donations to get this done. We cannot determine his legal course of action here without knowing exactly where the property line is.

I'm in for another $10.
    May not have to get a survey. He can use the FOIL act and possibly get the town plans for his roadway it will show his road and any right of way. The towns own documents would be used in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquadoc View Post
    Hold on guys. Shooter is right. We need to know what the town property codes are. Celt says the sign was 4 to 5 feet from the road. Where I live there is an automatic 8 foot (I believe it's 8 ft.) easement at the curb line. We need to know what the town ordinances are. The LEO may be simply be removing an obstruction from the town's right of way. Shooter, what do we do now?
    I would think that even if the sign was in the town's right of way, wouldn't it still be more professional to at least go talk to the property owner and inform him of why the sign has to go? After all, this is the 4th time this has happened, and I'm sure it was the same guy that took the other ones. If the sign wasn't supposed to be there, I would think that after the 2nd sign went up, the cop would have went to talk to him.

Private

he should still put another one up somewhere thats on his property for sure. if it gets removed or not its win win for him.

Listen everyone the only way to know exactly what his rights are he has to have a land survey done. It is the only legally recognizable method to determine property lines, easements, etc.

And I have never seen more guests in any thread ever except on January 16, 2013! 156 guests. The cat is already out of the bag on this one. Celt take the photos down, we will do the rest of this by PM. Scars, you know I'm good for it. Really guys, we need to get another donation going. Celt, this is an offer you cannot refuse. We are taking this one all the way.
    But Shooter, if the town has an 8 ft. or more easement on the property line, doesn't that make the survey moot?

Quote Originally Posted by RobD View Post
    May not have to get a survey. He can use the FOIL act and possibly get the town plans for his roadway it will show his road and any right of way. The towns own documents would be used in court.
    Not enough for precision. The site needs to be staked. Trust me.

NYSRPA

The artist formerly known as jhm8071 NirvanaFan's Avatar
    Popped a smoke bomb and peaced out of here

But Shooter, if the town has an 8 ft. or more easement on the property line, doesn't that make the survey moot?
    Generally, easements mean they can control the property when needed. For example, they had to dig up my front yard a month back to repair a water line. If I had a sign out there, they would have been able to take it down. They can't just take down a sign and steal it. It has to be worked out through the courts.
    "The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution." - Thomas Jefferson

Not enough for precision. The site needs to be staked. Trust me.
    Then we should start a separate thread to collect donations for the survey ASAP. I'm in, I want to know.

NRA | NYSRPA | S.C.O.P.E.

No, an easement is on your property. They usually legally own a couple feet outside the road lines as public property, but I am not a land use attorney so don't know it cold. The point is we must know if it was on his land. If it was on his land, and he violated the easement restrictions, the remedy is court action, not Gestapo force tactics. The only way law enforcement can come onto your private property and remove your private property (unless there is an arrest and evidence seized) is with a court order. That did not happen here, and he is entitled to notice. The only way out of this for the town and the officer is if this was public land. If not, we got them.
    Last edited by Shooter; 09-23-2013 at 09:09 PM.

NYSRPA

Major

Quote Originally Posted by snkypete View Post
    At my last home the town had a ROW and we simply couldn't put a permanent structure on it but anything else was acceptable.
    The road is not always built in the center of the right of way. It can be built to one side more then the other, in fact sometimes it may even be on private property. Usually an AS- built survey is filed with the town and county when the roadway is complete showing all the details.

No, an easement is on your property. They usually legally own a couple feet outside the road lines as public property, but I am not a land use attorney so don't know it cold. The point is we must know if it was on his land. If it was on his land, and he violated the easement restrictions, the remedy is court action, not Gestapo force tactics. The only way law enforcement can come onto your private property and remove your private property (unless there is an arrest and evidence seized) is with a court order. That did not happen here, and he is entitled to notice. The only way out of this for the town and the officer is if this was public land. If not, we got them.
    How can I donate? I'm in, just not sure how much yet.
    "Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing." - Albert Einstein

Thanks shooter. I'm in for the survey donation. I'll PM Celt right now.

I'm in. Where do we send the money this time?
    me too - where send?

Corporal

I think it's a good idea to see if there are election signs or any other signs the same distance or less from the road. I feel like the most important thing here is to determine if this was a malicious act to silence your speaking against the SAFE Act, or if it was just a mistake based on easement rights etc.

If it was a mistake, you should be reimbursed for the sign and the officer taught the correct way to do this sort of thing, and some kind of apology and slap on the wrist. If it was intentionally done to silence your rights then... probably more should be done.

There had to be a survey done when Celt bought the house. Unless it's been in the family forever you are not getting a mortgage without the bank knowing exactly what they are buying. Perhaps it's still with your deed? Perhaps at the lawyers or with your closing documents.

Do you have a septic system? Usually the septic system design is drawn on a copy of the survey and filed with the town.

Quote Originally Posted by RayKnobs View Post
    There had to be a survey done when Celt bought the house. Unless it's been in the family forever you are not getting a mortgage without the bank knowing exactly what they are buying. Perhaps it's still with your deed? Perhaps at the lawyers or with your closing documents.

Do you have a septic system? Usually the septic system design is drawn on a copy of the survey and filed with the town.
    The survey is probably done, but unless they put in monuments it would have to be done to find the corners and property lines. What I had to do when we bought our property - the corners were marked but there was a protected area that was on the plat but not marked so I had to pay a surveyor to stake it to keep machinery off of it.

NRA | NYSRPA | S.C.O.P.E.

Page 14 of 90 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast