Over half of NY counties have denied Andy Cuomo use of their County Seals
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Over half of NY counties have denied Andy Cuomo use of their County Seals

New York Revolution and Gun Rights Across America: New York have organized an event to call County Clerks this coming Monday and ask them to request a resolution for their county: https://www.facebook.com/events/593788670705144/

County Seal / Logo / Name resolutions - NY SAFE Resolutions

The resistance to the #NYSAFE act continues with a second wave of resolutions. Counties are saying to Cuomo: “This is on you. It is your law, don’t try to associate us with it.”

These resolutions deny New York State the right to use their county seal, logo, name, etc from being used in conjunction with SAFE act related letters or other messages (for example pistol permit renewals). This is a method to show continued resistance and to prevent county residents from thinking their county endorses the so called SAFE act in any way.

Counties:

1. Allegany County
    2. Cattaraugus County
    3. Cayuga County
    4. Chautauqua County
    5. Chemung County
    6. Cortland County-
    7. Delaware County
    8. Dutchess County [executive order]
    9. Essex County
    10. Franklin County
    11. Genesee County
    12. Herkimer County
    13. Livingston County
    14. Monroe County
    15. Niagara County
    16. Onondaga County
    17. Ontario County
    18. Orleans County
    19. Orange County
    20. Otsego County
    21. Oswego County
    22. Rensselaer County
    23. Saratoga County
    24. Schoharie County
    25. Schuyler County
    26. Steuben County
    27. St. Lawrence County
    28. Tioga County
    29. Warren County
    30. Washington County
    31. Wayne County
    32. Wyoming County
    33. Yates County

Other:

1. New York State Association of County Clerks
    2. New York State Association of County Clerks Western Region

Are we missing one?

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

this kicks ass i love local gov. sticking it to cuomo!
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    Thomas Jefferson two year NRA member
    scope member due to a good man thanks again! Flintlocks being shot is almost as better as sex thanks robin!

Lets turn that map all green... Call you county officials on Monday if your county hasn't acted yet!!!
    Oathkeeper , SCOPE , NRA , EX NYSRPA

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Private

Huh? Ulster voted against the unsafe act......how are they not green. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiegunks View Post

Call them and inquire
    A man with a gun is a citizen. A man with out a gun is a subject.
    NRA Life Member

Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eddiegunks View Post
    That's a different map. This is for the counties that are refusing to let the state use their seals on SAFE Act correspondence.
    Last edited by Vincine; 02-22-2014 at 09:49 PM.

I have never seen anything like this in any state before. Such open revolt by a majority of local governments. There have got to be anti-Safe Act DA's somewhere in New York. It is not just the lawsuits that are important in our fight, or voting. What the local governments do will matter tremendously. Stay active, let your local representatives know that you are against the Safe Act in all respects.

At first it was the county resolutions, now this is growing. I think this is great. It will continue to grow.
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

NYSRPA

Admitted to New York and Massachusetts Bars

Hey Shooter,
    Can you lay out a bit more what 'nullification' means, how it works and how it might apply to us?

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    I have never seen anything like this in any state before. Such open revolt by a majority of local governments. There have got to be anti-Safe Act DA's somewhere in New York. It is not just the lawsuits that are important in our fight, or voting. What the local governments do will matter tremendously. Stay active, let your local representatives know that you are against the Safe Act in all respects.

At first it was the county resolutions, now this is growing. I think this is great. It will continue to grow.
    Newly-elected St. Lawrence County DA Mary Rain rode on the same school bus to the SAFE Act Rally in February 2013. She has nothing good to say about unsafe.
    "...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 380)

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson

Columbia County DA Paul Czajka declined to pursue a 7+ round in 10 arrest last year. They're certainly out there.

I've heard anecdotally that some SP are avoiding arrests by asking DA's to tell them that they wouldn't prosecute (hence no reason to make the arrest). <-- I don't know if this is true, only one source so far.

Quote Originally Posted by NNYLever View Post
    Newly-elected St. Lawrence County DA Mary Rain rode on the same school bus to the SAFE Act Rally in February 2013. She has nothing good to say about unsafe.
    nice to see a elected politican in the trenches with us this is great. lets keep this up and keep fighting ladies and gents because this is fargen war!
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    Thomas Jefferson two year NRA member
    scope member due to a good man thanks again! Flintlocks being shot is almost as better as sex thanks robin!

Glad to see Monroe County on there. County Clerk Cheryl Dinolfo was openly critical about the "opt out" forms, and said she will consider everyone opted out because there is too much paperwork to process. She showed stacks and stacks of "opt out" forms on the news. Her husband is a Judge, and signed my pistol permit. He appears to be 2A friendly. At least at the moment, Monroe County appears more 2A friendly than other parts of the state. Glad to see the number of counties banding together.

I received email confirmation from my town supervisor that Washington County Board of Supervisors passed this resolution during the monthly meeting on Friday 2-21-14.

Quote Originally Posted by RennFab View Post
    Call them and inquire
    Looks like Eddie's moving to PA...hope he still cares enough to call.

I've noticed that the rate of resolutions being passed has really picked up in the last few weeks. I fully expect to see something very close to the original resolution map numbers when it is all done. And hopefully that list will include, as Evan has speculated, a few additional counties this time around!

Quote Originally Posted by timmyp View Post
    Hey Shooter,
    Can you lay out a bit more what 'nullification' means, how it works and how it might apply to us?
    Jury nullification is when a jury deliberately acquits someone charged with a crime even after the government has proven all the elements of the crime(s) charged beyond a reasonable doubt. In essence the jury is telling the government in such a situation that it rejects the case or the policy as political or something else and not a true crime (at least in that case). There is nothing the government can do about it, an acquittal is permanent. No recharging of anyone and the jury cannot be punished. I want every Safe Act case that gets to court to be decided that way.
    Last edited by Shooter; 02-23-2014 at 09:24 PM.

NYSRPA

Jury nullification is when a jury deliberately aquits someone charged with a crime even after the government has proven all the elements of the crime(s) charged beyond a resonable doubt.
    Am I correct in understanding that such a jury decision establishes no legal precedent, but rather only affects the individual case under deliberation?

I live down state and the tone of the uniformed bleeding heart is just nauseating!

The FACTS remain: MORE GUNS = LESS CRIME

where is the confusion? if the media would speak the truth, we would have different elected officials!
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government.-Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Kaboomer View Post
    Am I correct in understanding that such a jury decision establishes no legal precedent, but rather only affects the individual case under deliberation?
    Correct.

NYSRPA

Thanks, Shooter. Seems like a very desirable outcome that might deter a prosecutor from trying a similar case down the road.

Cuomo and his administration must be stunned that there is this level of opposition more than a year on.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Kaboomer View Post
    Thanks, Shooter. Seems like a very desirable outcome that might deter a prosecutor from trying a similar case down the road.

Cuomo and his administration must be stunned that there is this level of opposition more than a year on.
    Welcome. It will as long as it happens more than once.

NYSRPA

Is there a 'nullification' before it even gets to court? LEO who refuse to arrest, lawyers who refuse to prosecute, judges who throw the case out...? What's that called?

Is there a 'nullification' before it even gets to court? LEO who refuse to arrest, lawyers who refuse to prosecute, judges who throw the case out...? What's that called?
    I think you can make an easy case that widespread resistance, including the kind you describe, is the most effective nullification of all.

It's called EASY if no one has made a complaint.

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by shorty6969 View Post
    It's called EASY if no one has made a complaint.
    Or better yet the judge saying Have a nice day we are done here with this !

Private

So I understand the thought behind not letting the state use the seals, but that still doesn't solve the issue of renewing permits. My NYS permit like everyone else has never had an expiration date on it, how will we know when it is time for renewal? Why should we have to renew it? Is this being fought, the counties should make resolutions stating that they are not going to enforce the renewal. That is what they should be doing. How are we going to get around this????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast