Astorino stays on message on SAFE
Close

Default Astorino stays on message on SAFE

Astorino tells Hauppauge pro-gun group he would repeal Cuomo's SAFE Act if elected

Updated September 28, 2014 8:29 PM
    By NICOLE FULLER [email protected]

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/if-elected-governor-astorino-tells-hauppauge-pro-gun-group-he-would-repeal-cuomo-s-safe-act-1.9430579

Republican gubernatorial candidate Rob Astorino vowed Sunday to repeal Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo's chief gun control initiative as he spoke to a pro-gun conference in Hauppauge -- one of several Long Island visits on his itinerary.
    Astorino, the Westchester County executive, decried Cuomo's SAFE Act, which riled many of the state's Republicans and upstate voters when the state legislature passed it a month after Adam Lanza, 20, used a Bushmaster AR-15 semiautomatic assault rifle to kill 26 students and teachers at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut.
    The SAFE Act, the Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act, requires rifles patterned after military style assault rifles be registered, bans the sale of new assault-type rifles and requires more background checks.
    "The SAFE Act was such a terrible piece of legislation and it was done so badly," said Astorino, who was greeted with a standing ovation by the 500 or so attendees at the Sportsmen's Association for Firearms Education Inc. "As I tell gun owners -- believers in the Second Amendment -- Gov. Cuomo took away your rights, take away his job."
    Astorino, who also made campaign appearances Sunday at a Hempstead church and at other events in Old Bethpage, Bellport and Centereach, stressed the importance of a high voter turnout among Long Islanders. Astorino said Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester counties, as well as upstate, are key to his winning strategy.
    "The thing that scares Cuomo more than anything -- Second Amendment rights advocates, gun owners, voting," Astorino said.

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

It's your time to shine Nyers. November 2014 Rob Astorino.

Scosgt

For someone who always calls him a rino you sure love promoting him...Kudos brother. ROB ASTORINO 2014
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    - Pericles

Quote Originally Posted by Cureforcancer View Post
    It's your time to shine Nyers. November 2014 Rob Astorino.

Scosgt

For someone who always calls him a rino you sure love promoting him...Kudos brother. ROB ASTORINO 2014
    ANYONE BUT CUOMO

And that is a familiar refrain from 1992?

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

I was glad I was able to attend this event. A lot of people turned out and the energy in the room when Rob Astorino took the stage was high. His speech about winning the gubernatorial election made me feel much better in light of the polls I've been seeing. As as for the polls, he said it right in that we should not pay attention to those polls. Elections are not won on polls but by votes.

Oh, and I was actually right next to Astorino when the reporter from Newsday started asking him questions. Her first question was about whether or not it was appropriate for Cuomo to be traveling to Afganistan at this time; the next question was whether or not the trip was a political move by Cuomo for his possible presidential run in 2016. Astorino's answer, which I thought was great, was ... well you can't campaign for president if your loosing your own gubernatorial re-election. BTW, don't quote me on the exact words, but nonetheless, the response was great.

I can't read the rest of the article since I'm not a Newsday subscriber, but I'm hoping she added Astorino's response.

General

That story really gets me PO'ed!!! First off, it was presented that the AR was NEVER used. Look at the evidence photos that have been posted on the internet. Secondly, the FBI put out a report for homicides in Newtown CT .... that count would be 0!! That's right ... I said ZERO!!! This govt can take their staged BS and shove it up their poop chutes!! They can't even keep their story straight!! Still waiting for the FBI gag order to be lifted too!! This law was passed falsely from beginning to end!! FUAC FUDNC FUCPA FUBHO!!!!!!

OK ... with THAT out of my system .... GO ASTORINO!!! SAVE NY!!!
    Last edited by Chicken Shoot; 09-28-2014 at 11:47 PM.
    RIP NYF

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by scosgt View Post
    ANYONE BUT CUOMO

And that is a familiar refrain from 1992?
    it was the same when Pataki ran against his father and we know how that turned out ! This is why he is making trips to Afghanistan to try an curry favors with this current administration to try for another job to screw with the rest of the country but I'm thinking he might have crapped in his own bed because of the upstage of safe ! This will really piss him off when he loses here and loses the WH job too ! This could turn out to be a really good day !
    Ask for no quarter and expect none . There is no dress rehearsals in life ,you only go around once !

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Shoot View Post
    That story really gets me PO'ed!!! First off, it was presented that the AR was NEVER used. Look at the evidence photos that have been posted on the internet. Secondly, the FBI put out a report for homicides in Newtown CT .... that count would be 0!! That's right ... I said ZERO!!! This govt can take their staged BS and shove it up their poop chutes!! They can't even keep their story straight!! Still waiting for the FBI gag order to be lifted too!! This law was passed falsely from beginning to end!! FUAC FUDNC FUCPA FUBHO!!!!!!

OK ... with THAT out of my system .... GO ASTORINO!!! SAVE NY!!!
    There is quite a few people questioning the outcome of newtown ! From all of the reports I have seen , it shows that is was a false flag that the media ran with the get us more gun control that failed on the national stage but got us Safe . The rest of the states , ( MD , CT , I'll) these are just knee jerk reactions that will fail in appeals court . The report right here tells the whole story and shows cuomo is so full of **** his eyes are brown !
    Ask for no quarter and expect none . There is no dress rehearsals in life ,you only go around once !