Guess It's a Guy Thing
Close

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Owl Man
  • 1 Post By Owl Man

Thread: Guess It's a Guy Thing

Default Guess It's a Guy Thing

Those are my wife's words, not mine - so for the women on this forum, please don't be offended! Anyway, my wife said that to me when I mentioned that I saw our next door neighbor on one side practicing archery, and the neighbor on the other side training with a sword (I kid you not), while I was in our backyard shooting my CO2 BB guns.

My point? That while I sometimes question my own maturity (57 years old and futzing around with bb guns), I see things that, or talk to my 60 year old brother (who also shoots bb guns at his place) and realize that if I'm immature then I'm far from alone.
    Saltwater60 and Vicarious like this.

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

My daughter (26) and I hiked at Allegany State Park yesterday, had a picnic lunch, then shot eggs with our CO2 bb guns. Eggs make great targets out in the woods, because you know when you hit them (splat!) and you can just leave the remains there for critters to feast on. Anyway, we had a blast, and over the course of two hours shot six cartons of eighteen eggs.

Corporal

In the town I live in bb guns, archery, sling shots..... are a violation of town ordinance.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

That's too bad, dariv!

Ha, I sat out on my patio for a bit this evening, soaking in the oppressive heat, and saw my next door neighbor wielding his sword again! Not my kind of thing, but he seems to enjoy it.

Private

I’m just happy when someone takes up a discipline. From Color Guard, Cheerleading, and hoop dancing, to archery, swords, or Tai Chi, there’s a vibe I get out of watching someone try to get a craft right and take the time to teach their minds and bodies something new.

Couldn't agree more. Always good to grow and change.
    Jcp123 likes this.