Estes Rockets >>>
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Koda

Thread: Estes Rockets >>>

Default Estes Rockets >>>

Built a small 30in. Estes Rocket for fun to set off this summer in yard... LOL... I cut hole in top of chute so it would not glide to next zip code in wind.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUXo4KMhJk8
    Last edited by Koda; 11-25-2020 at 06:43 PM.
    jrtraderny likes this.

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

There is a Rocket Club in Potter NY on route 364 near Penn Yan next to a Bar that sets off rockets two times each month in summer. Some real cool fun stuff there. My brother has like 30 of them, some are like 7ft. tall rockets ya need to be certified for. They run GPS and trackers, Tracers etc... on them, Cameras etc... Lotta fun... Some of the people there are not like the old 1960 rockets ya had as a kid. They are costly ones $$$$ LOL... pretty cool though...
    https://urrg.us/
    Last edited by Koda; 11-25-2020 at 06:44 PM.

I'm building a 3in. tube by 5ft. tall one now for fun in winter inside home. My brother gave me some fire retardant cloth to use for wading to not burn the chute. That way I can use the wading over again instead of buying the normal throw away wading that blows out... The Wading and chute will all be connected to nose cone as it blows off opening the chute. Going to custom paint the rocket, or I'll cut out custom graphics on vinyl cutter for it...

I seen one brought in it was so big it was on a roof rack of a Jeep Cherokee LOL... Had a $50.00 engine in it for just a second launch to watch LOL.. Seeing FIRE, colored smoke trail, Sparks etc... all the way up LOL... All done... $50.00 bucks engine like a stick of dynamite LOL... But really cool, Some are really in to it...Building high end ones... Some of the die hard high end units have beeper locators on them to recover LOL. Sound, lights, signal to transmitter, receiver, to find. etc....
    Last edited by Koda; 11-25-2020 at 09:00 PM.