wegmans - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wegmans

Postmaster General Darthgamer138's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter7220 View Post
    Just Wegman's way of ensuring they don't have any problems with accidentally selling to minors.

Try buying beer from Wegmans with a South Dakota license, they always had to call the manager over, lol
    Or they could just, you know, "read the date" and not have any problem wither.
    Proud NRA ​LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

​SEI Divemaster Apprentice/Nitrox Diver. Dives- ​I57. Proud Atheist.

BANNED

Call Danny if you have a problem. Those of us that carry up to date licenses don't have any problems.

Better than Hannaford's (New Hartford) who once made the mistake of telling me they wouldn't accept military ID, "has to be a state form of ID"

you can bet their corporate trainers and legal team got involved the next day.....same thing happened at Uno's in New Hartford.
    Gun loving family man with never enough time for either. S
    [email protected]

4. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Call Danny if you have a problem. Those of us that carry up to date licenses don't have any problems.
    His ID was up to date...O_o
    Proud NRA ​LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

BANNED

He's walking around with an Under 21 ID after he turned 21... that's as out of date as you can get without it actually being expired.

If it wasn't a family member with him they wouldn't have let anyone in the party buy it.

Just Wegman's way of ensuring they don't have any problems with accidentally selling to minors.

Try buying beer from Wegmans with a South Dakota license, they always had to call the manager over, lol
    Lol. You should have seen the look on the girls face when my wife handed her her German ID card when I went to buy beer (this was before she got a NY drivers license). The cashier called over a supervisor, but otherwise they accepted it with no other issues.
    I always thought the under 21 thing was a bit stupid anyways. Pretty sure it was meant only for those that dont understand how to do simple math.

He's walking around with an Under 21 ID after he turned 21... that's as out of date as you can get without it actually being expired.

If it wasn't a family member with him they wouldn't have let anyone in the party buy it.
    It wasn't expired though. Why should he be forced to pay the state twice for a new one when the old one is still valid?

Major

DMV should have sent you an ID that got rid of the under 21 part around your 21st birthday.

My license expired on my 21st birthday because I got it on my 16th birthday.

Major

Next time show them your pistol permit.

Quote Originally Posted by sr20sean View Post
    DMV should have sent you an ID that got rid of the under 21 part around your 21st birthday.

My license expired on my 21st birthday because I got it on my 16th birthday.
    You have to pay for a new one. As such I would keep the old one as long as possible, but them you run into this dumb issue. :/

Major

Quote Originally Posted by Darthgamer138 View Post
    You have to pay for a new one. As such I would keep the old one as long as possible, but them you run into this dumb issue. :/
    When I renewed mine they gave me an under 21 one at first since I got it in March, then they sent me a regular non marked one right after my birthday in April.

Quote Originally Posted by sr20sean View Post
    When I renewed mine they gave me an under 21 one at first since I got it in March, then they sent me a regular non marked one right after my birthday in April.
    With mine they specifically warned me that I would have to pay twice if I renewed early.

BANNED

It wasn't expired though. Why should he be forced to pay the state twice for a new one when the old one is still valid?
    No one is forcing him to do anything, if he wants the privileged of buying alcohol at Wegmans, he has to play by their rules.

Hell my 80 year old grandfather could buy beer there because he forgot his license once, that's their policy, and I don't have a problem with it.

No one is forcing him to do anything, if he wants the privileged of buying alcohol at Wegmans, he has to play by their rules.

Hell my 80 year old grandfather could buy beer there because he forgot his license once, that's their policy, and I don't have a problem with it.
    No, he has to play by the absurd state's rules AND their rules. If tomorrow they changed all licenses to have a blue star and Wegmans said "alright, we no longer accept old licenses. Go buy new ones" that would be OK? This is what this irrational fear of alcohol in this country has lead to.

BANNED

Alcohol is a much bigger problem than guns, I think we can all agree on that...

Les

No, he has to play by the absurd state's rules AND their rules. If tomorrow they changed all licenses to have a blue star and Wegmans said "alright, we no longer accept old licenses. Go buy new ones" that would be OK? This is what this irrational fear of alcohol in this country has lead to.
    That would be okay. It's their store and they set the policy. Everyone is free to go shop somewhere else. Don't like store policy, don't shop there. Simple solution.
    NRA Life Member - NRA Range Safety Officer - SAF Member
    ==="Safety is something that happens between your ears, not in your hands" - Col. Jeff Cooper ===

Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    That would be okay. It's their store and they set the policy. Everyone is free to go shop somewhere else. Don't like store policy, don't shop there. Simple solution.
    Not exactly. Nobody said they aren't allowed to do it. They certainly are. Just as Walmart is free to pull their ridiculous crap with pistol ammo purchase. We are free to not shop there. Nobody said anything to the contrary. That doesn't change the fact it is a dumb store policy and they are dumb for having it.

BANNED

Not sure on your problem..... But the Craft packs are pretty cool SMILE: Doing one now.

Les

No, he has to play by the absurd state's rules AND their rules.
    You are saying he has to play by their rules. He doesn't, he just needs to shop elsewhere. Simple solution to what really isn't a problem. Had he fixed his issue with his license in a timely manner, there wouldn't have been a shopping problem to begin with.
    NRA Life Member - NRA Range Safety Officer - SAF Member
    ==="Safety is something that happens between your ears, not in your hands" - Col. Jeff Cooper ===

BANNED

Or, he could just not buy alcohol.

Rochester Personal Defense Rico's Avatar

Not to be an ass, but instead a really old guy with some wisdom to pass on.
    When you're 21 this seems like a big deal, but ii ain't, life will throw a lot worse at you.

Secondly complaining to us will only get a bunch of opinions like mine which piled up are worth about as much the same size pile of huey.
    Instead draft an articulate letter to Wegmans asking that they review the policy, ask why couldn't the cashier enter you DOB like some stores do.

Then pursue getting an new license.

Just the opinion of a tired old man that remembers what it was like to be young one, and wants you to profit from my mistakes.
    Last edited by Rico; 12-24-2012 at 06:19 PM. Reason: spelling

You know Grady some people think I’m over prepared, paranoid, maybe a little crazy, but they never met any Precambrian life forms,,,,

Well, had to say that I do not have a problem with Wegmans ID Policy --- I don't shop there anymore because of Store Policy

WalMart ..???

Hell, No, I don't shop there either

So put your money where your mouth is, and vote with your feet
    Plenty of other stores out there
    Patronize the ones you like

Quote Originally Posted by Embree Smith View Post
    Well, had to say that I do not have a problem with Wegmans ID Policy --- I don't shop there anymore because of Store Policy

WalMart ..???

Hell, No, I don't shop there either

So put your money where your mouth is, and vote with your feet
    Plenty of other stores out there
    Patronize the ones you like
    Right, and let others know which ones suck, as is being done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rico View Post
    Not to be an ass, but instead a really old guy with some wisdom to pass on.
    When you're 21 this seems like a big deal, but ii ain't, life will throw a lot worse at you.

Secondly complaining to us will only get a bunch of opinions like mine which piled up are worth about as much the same size pile of huey.
    Instead draft an articulate letter to Wegmans asking that they review the policy, ask why couldn't the cashier enter you DOB like some stores do.

Then pursue getting an new license.

Just the opinion of a tired old man that remembers what it was like to be young one, and wants you to profit from my mistakes.

I Never said it was a big deal it was just annoying because it makes absolutely no sense to me...

My license expires in 2016 and has my date of birth on it... how that is invalid is beyond me... I will be complaining when I go into the dmv and have to deal with all the idiots that work there because of it though
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKrub91 View Post
    I Never said it was a big deal it was just annoying because it makes absolutely no sense to me...

My license expires in 2016 and has my date of birth on it... how that is invalid is beyond me... I will be complaining when I go into the dmv and have to deal with all the idiots that work there because of it though
    It's a perfectly valid complaint and shows CLEARLY the stupidity of the "Under 21 licenses."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast